Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Details of the 2017 Advent Calendar are now listed on the Shop @ Home website (link); which has a release date of 1st September. 

It must be said that's a truly uninspiring line-up and I can't imagine that they'll be any shortages of them this year!  It looks like TLG were struggling to find enough 'highlights' to promote it - the last photo shows three blasters!!  If it hits 40% off I might pick up a couple, otherwise it's a very easy pass for me.... :hmpf_bad:

2 hours ago, Azani said:

As far as I'm concerned, the real clincher with this set will be what we end up getting on the minifigure side. Ideally, we wouldn't get anything unique, but a nice varied selection of multi-generational figures.

22 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

There will almost certainly be unique minifigs. The last UCS set that didn't have exclusives was the X-Wing, some 4 years ago. Extrapolating from what Stash has reported, we're probably looking at new versions of Bespin Han and Leia (white jumpsuit?) and more detailed versions of Rey and Finn.

I hope exclusive doesn't just mean "here's this figure you already have, just with arm printing". I get that people want more detailed and realistic figures, but I don't feel like there's a lot of exclusivity in extra arm printing. Finn and Rey are plenty available, they should've gotten arm printing in the Quadjumper, not the UCS Falcon. My hope will be that the two "times" the set focuses on are Bespin in ESB (which it seems like that's what we are getting) and the end of TFA where Rey goes to find Luke. I wouldn't be bothered if this was the only set to include TFA Luke for a year or two, especially because it feels like Lego has gone overkill on TFA and there's nothing left from that movie to cover for a while. 

4 minutes ago, Lobot said:

Details of the 2017 Advent Calendar are now listed on the Shop @ Home website (link); which has a release date of 1st September. 

It must be said that's a truly uninspiring line-up and I can't imagine that they'll be any shortages of them this year!  It looks like TLG were struggling to find enough 'highlights' to promote it - the last photo shows three blasters!!  If it hits 40% off I might pick up a couple, otherwise it's a very easy pass for me.... :hmpf_bad:

Yeah this years calendar sucks! Is bb8 with Santa hat a highlight of this calendar? Why not Sandra Kylo or Rey? We've had great figures in the past like santa Vader or Jango Fett. Lego is just lazy this year in general, only Batman and Ninjago movies sets are great this year the rest range from meh to bad...

2 hours ago, All in the Reflexes said:

What if they turn the Falcon into a Deathstar type giant playset, lots of figures and interior but in terms of an accurate display model it will be lacking. Lego may think that they have done the accurate model in 10179 but now its time for something different.

I hope that is not the case. I think a $800 playset would not sell well because its target is to collectors and they can get the money to purchase it. I've been saving my money up since the beginning of this year and it would be very dissappointing if it had no exterior to this supposed 7500 piece set. This set is a day one buy for me as long as it is minifigure scale and if the exterior is more accurate than the previous version.

Well the manager of my local store confirmed to me it's coming and the biggest issue they have is where to put the blooming thing.  This person has never let me down with info.  A pic, official or unofficial can't be far off if stores have already been informed.  Also expect there to be supply issues since if people do go nuts expect it to sell out quickly since stores will be getting a limited supply given cost and he size of the thing.  Will be in the queue for this on day 1.

The bad news is that I've been told by a Lego insider that it's a remake of 10179 whereas previously I was told by a different insider that there was an interior and even saw a pic on a phone of it.  This pic was back in Jan.  Given that the news of no interior was most recent, then this may take precedent over the earlier news and thus maybe original plans were may have been shelved.

Edited by Lahh001

7 minutes ago, Crzypengu said:

I hope that is not the case. I think a $800 playset would not sell well because its target is to collectors and they can get the money to purchase it. I've been saving my money up since the beginning of this year and it would be very dissappointing if it had no exterior to this supposed 7500 piece set. This set is a day one buy for me as long as it is minifigure scale and if the exterior is more accurate than the previous version.

This is my thoughts exactly (I've been saving all year too). The Falcon set has always been a statement piece to me. "I love LEGO and Star Wars so much, here's a full blown minifigure scale Millennium Falcon." I think I'm one of the few who wants this new one to be exactly like the old one. (I even prefer a brick built cockpit to the moulded one)

If it's a remake with a few additional pieces added for detail, would one expect something else besides the Falcon build in the set? Maybe background stuff to compliment?

I hope the UCS Falcon is not a remake of the previous one. There are so many new pieces introduced in the last decade and I hope they used them in the mee version. It is also going to be designed by the same person who did the UCS Slave I so I am sure this one will have the same amount of detail as that one. There was also a person named Shewie over at Brickpicker who said he saw the set on a computer screen and said it's glorious. He couldn't give out any more information about it since it still hasn't been released by Lego.

If the ~7500 piece count is true, that is ~2300 more pieces than 10179.  Seems like more minifigs and both styles of radar dishes will be included, but that still leaves a LOT of extra pieces relative to 10179.  Will this be a bit bigger in overall dimensions?  Have an attempt at an interior?  Stronger internal frame? Much more detailed exterior?  Brick built engine bank instead of the boat rigging approach?  Brick built display stand?  Another ship or landing area is part of the set?  Will it have the same pieces in different colors that switch out to give it the TFA look (see 7965 as compared to 75105)?  

So many possibilities!  

1 hour ago, BimmerBoy said:

If the ~7500 piece count is true, that is ~2300 more pieces than 10179.  Seems like more minifigs and both styles of radar dishes will be included, but that still leaves a LOT of extra pieces relative to 10179.  Will this be a bit bigger in overall dimensions?  Have an attempt at an interior?  Stronger internal frame? Much more detailed exterior?  Brick built engine bank instead of the boat rigging approach?  Brick built display stand?  Another ship or landing area is part of the set?  Will it have the same pieces in different colors that switch out to give it the TFA look (see 7965 as compared to 75105)?  

So many possibilities!  

There seems to be a trend with newer sets to use large quantities of tiny greebling pieces, so they could easily increase the part count by 1,000.  In particular, the underside of 10179 was pretty sparse so that would have been a good starting point.  There's also lots of areas they can improve; for example the ramp could be fully tiled etc, adding another 50+ parts if done really well. 

I just hope that they don't compromise it with any pointless 'play' features, such as the awful bridge in 10221.  My best guess is that it will include a detailed, partial, interior (e.g. cockpit, corridor, hyperdrive Dejarik table etc) which can be accessed via small removable hull plates...time will tell :classic:

I have 10179 and am looking for something new, I can appreciate that many do not have that set and would like an opportunity to have a reworked official copy, even if it has a few key changes. Most importantly, I can appreciate that it would be at a much more reasonable price than the 10179 still commands on the resale market.

If the new one is very similar, I will be both disappointed and relieved. If it's just a new cockpit, I won't be able to justify the cost of the whole set (or the space) so I might try to wait and hope someone parts it out on Bricklink or it appears on Bricks&Pieces.

I don't want that to be the case, but then I don't really want to spend the money either. The new Falcon will really need to impress me, new parts, functions/features like retractable landing gear or smuggling compartments (or dare I say a partial interior) and an entirely different build. 

I'm not really bothered what minifigures come in it, I've always wanted slightly longer legs for Chewie but can see the 'system' issues around not making them like Woody's and therefore stupidly long for Chewie.

Finally, I'm hoping the box will be something very special too. Inlay/sorting/storage trays would be a real bonus.

I'm hopeful for greatness but prepared for a Deathstar or even Hoth scale disappointment.

15 minutes ago, badgerboy said:

I'm hopeful for greatness but prepared for a Deathstar or even Hoth scale disappointment.

At the rumoured price I think we have a right to expect greatness, not just be hopeful. If there is widespread "Hoth scale disappointment" with THE most iconic Lego set then there is serious trouble in Denmark. I'm confident if Hans Burkhard Schlomer is the lead on this one (as rumoured) he will hit it out of the park this time. 

We had two recent examples of poor 'remakes': the TFA MF only with minor tweaks, not even a handle for childrens to play... (even if it sells well) and the UCS Death Star where even less brain power was thrown into it.

Then we also have the UCS Sandcrawler or the UCS tie fighter which are really big inprovements over previous sets.

We'll see...  but a poor UCS MF carboncopy of 10179 would be very disappointing for such flagship set.

I really do not care about having an interior. It would be nice but only if it really didn't interfere with the looks of the outside. This thing is going on DISPLAY and won't be touched for long periods of time and if I display it I'm not displaying the interior.

I really hope there's no stupid kid features. The dumb fireable blaster things. No handle for children (no offense). I hate all of these features because they take away from the accuracy and look dumb and I don't play with my Lego, I display it. (I'm the kind of guy who thought the kid in The Lego Movie was the badguy and the dad was the goodguy... even WITH Glue).

If it's a total remake of the older one I'd be a bit disappointed (I think the cockpit is the main piece that could have been done better) as I'm hoping for a bit of and upgrade but honestly I'd still love to buy it. 

If it was just a Death Star-like playset that might be enough to make me NOT buy it if it just makes it inaccurate.

EDIT: Come to think of it if ANY kid gets a set THIS expensive they're 99.999% chance spoiled rotten hahaha. So there's no need for kid features because no kids should be able to get this anyways!!!

Edited by BrickG

1 hour ago, BrickG said:

I really do not care about having an interior. It would be nice but only if it really didn't interfere with the looks of the outside. This thing is going on DISPLAY and won't be touched for long periods of time and if I display it I'm not displaying the interior.

I really hope there's no stupid kid features. The dumb fireable blaster things. No handle for children (no offense). I hate all of these features because they take away from the accuracy and look dumb and I don't play with my Lego, I display it. (I'm the kind of guy who thought the kid in The Lego Movie was the badguy and the dad was the goodguy... even WITH Glue).

If it's a total remake of the older one I'd be a bit disappointed (I think the cockpit is the main piece that could have been done better) as I'm hoping for a bit of and upgrade but honestly I'd still love to buy it. 

If it was just a Death Star-like playset that might be enough to make me NOT buy it if it just makes it inaccurate.

EDIT: Come to think of it if ANY kid gets a set THIS expensive they're 99.999% chance spoiled rotten hahaha. So there's no need for kid features because no kids should be able to get this anyways!!!

that is just plain stupid. Lego IS a "kids toy" it's going to have those features. (No offense to anyone out there)

Just moc it! Make it how you want, don't complain about it.

so falcon reveal date is the first or the 14th?

Edited by Aggron44

5 minutes ago, Aggron44 said:

that is just plain stupid. Lego IS a "kids toy" it's going to have those features. (No offense to anyone out there)

The Falcon will be revealed on September 1st and will be released for VIP Members on September 14th.

14 minutes ago, Aggron44 said:

Finn: The box for this one said "Ages 8 to 14"!

The Man Upstairs: That's a suggestion. They have to put that on there.

5 hours ago, BrickG said:

100% agreement! An 800 € set is not for children, although there may be some who still get one. The falcon should look like the one from "marshal banana", then I'm happy! I do not need interiors! If it does not look good, I will build "marshals" version, I have the guidance from "brick customs" for it!

Edited by bricksmarlin

But it's still a hobby! And that costs money. And time. Time = money, so we're all doomed anyway! :laugh:

So let's hope TLG is coming with something that fits most of our expectations, interior or not. 

I started collecting UCS in 2011 and compared to the UCS sets before the ships are getting better and better!

1 hour ago, bricksmarlin said:

100% agreement! An 800 € set is not for children, although there may be some who still get one. The falcon should look like the one from "marshal banana", then I'm happy! I do not need interiors! If he does not look good, I will build "marshals" version, I have the guidance from "brick customs" for it!

I've been looking at the potential cost in the UK, based on the rumoured $799 price-point, and it must be said that LEGO does have some interesting conversion rates!  However, I'd predict that it will be around £600 - £650, based on the current exchange rate (and a quick comparison of the latest Death Star @£409.99/$499.99 US).  Yes, that's a lot of money, but I'm sure that some kids will receive one as a gift this Christmas.  I guess it shows my age, but I'm amazed by how many top-end smartphones I see these days; it seems to be a different world, financially speaking.

However, I've said this before, but the main reason for such a set is to draw attention to the rest of the range; it's bound to create a massive surge of interest if done properly and TLG will make it's money from the 'indirect' sales (e.g. most potential buyers will look at it in the store, and walk out with a more reasonably priced alternative such as the UCS Slave 1, TIE Fighter or even the system-scale 75105).  Personally, I can't wait until 1st September, it should be a great day to be an AFOL :wub: