Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

3 minutes ago, Nokturn said:

....Am I just not making myself clear today or what? Everything you just said was you agreeing with me. I said that TLG would want our first impressions of the sets to be HD images instead of leaks, which is basically what you just said also. I dunno if I'm wording things poorly or if people are just skimming over my points, but it's a little annoying either way.

How about this: this isn't some limited time offer where they release official imagery a day before and then you're stuck with some small amount of hours to decide whether to purchase or not.  For one, the falcon likely won't go anywhere for some time, so you'll have plenty of time to decide for yourself whether to purchase or not.  Secondly, there are plenty of people that have been saving since the rumors first started gaining traction this winter; it isn't like this news is sudden. Worst case scenario would be you saved up for it, and ultimately have cash for something else.  But this isn't insult on hoth. Flagship star wars (lego, really) product with a nearly perfect base (10179) to start from. This set will be a winner, guaranteed. Lego's reputation is sorta on the line with this one.

Minor aside, but I bet we'll eventually hear that hoth was rushed out to pull the falcon or snowspeeder back for further work and that's why hoth looks unfinished

49 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

How about this: this isn't some limited time offer where they release official imagery a day before and then you're stuck with some small amount of hours to decide whether to purchase or not.  For one, the falcon likely won't go anywhere for some time, so you'll have plenty of time to decide for yourself whether to purchase or not.  Secondly, there are plenty of people that have been saving since the rumors first started gaining traction this winter; it isn't like this news is sudden. Worst case scenario would be you saved up for it, and ultimately have cash for something else.  But this isn't insult on hoth. Flagship star wars (lego, really) product with a nearly perfect base (10179) to start from. This set will be a winner, guaranteed. Lego's reputation is sorta on the line with this one.

Minor aside, but I bet we'll eventually hear that hoth was rushed out to pull the falcon or snowspeeder back for further work and that's why hoth looks unfinished

That would make sense 

btw anyone know when the Lego vs lepin count case is?

i can't find it anywhere:/

2 hours ago, Nokturn said:

....Am I just not making myself clear today or what? Everything you just said was you agreeing with me. I said that TLG would want our first impressions of the sets to be HD images instead of leaks, which is basically what you just said also. I dunno if I'm wording things poorly or if people are just skimming over my points, but it's a little annoying either way.

No, you haven't done any of those things. You're just been wrong. How could you possibly interpret anything that I said as agreement with you? I believe that leaks are actively bad for TLG, one hundred percent of the time, and I believe that there is no practical way that they could possibly prevent them. Very simple, actually.

Perhaps I'm spoiled by a world where movies have trailers a year in advance, but I don't think asking for an official reveal a few months earlier is totally unreasonable.

I think that this is it, yeah. A little patience is totally alright.

Edited by Azani

While I see your point Nokturn I think a vast majority of people willing to shell out $800 for a Lego set on day one have A) been following the rumor mill for a while and have been saving up or B) have enough free money that it's not a big deal to drop that much. UCS sets tend to be on the market for many years so it's not like by not buying it the second it comes out means you won't get one. 

9 minutes ago, Yee said:

While I see your point Nokturn I think a vast majority of people willing to shell out $800 for a Lego set on day one have A) been following the rumor mill for a while and have been saving up or B) have enough free money that it's not a big deal to drop that much. UCS sets tend to be on the market for many years so it's not like by not buying it the second it comes out means you won't get one. 

I am fine with dropping $800 on a Lego Set, it is expensive but you would also be owning the largest Lego Set ever made.

1 hour ago, Aggron44 said:

That would make sense 

btw anyone know when the Lego vs lepin count case is?

i can't find it anywhere:/

Most likely September , but the case is in the Chinese courts so don't expect a fair decision 

13 hours ago, Aggron44 said:

And this is related to the topic?

11 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

You're not wrong, it's slightly off topic but someone should've stopped it awhile back.

I can see how this comes up naturally in a discussion about any rumored large set, but this really isn't the place to discuss where to find good deals on second-hand or third-party-sold sets. Furthermore, if you know a discussion is off-topic, just because one of us hasn't had time to step in and stop that discussion doesn't mean that it's acceptable. Let's stay on-topic. Thanks!

Patience is key in the MF case. Mother of all the virtues isn't it ?

And like always, don't make our expectation too high. That's the best way to be disappointed.

Thanks to all who are sharing informations !

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

How do you know? Do you have any reference to similar cases?

Chinese courts are notorious for siding with companies from China in cases like this one. Here's one of many instances where a Chinese manufacturer stole another company's designs and got away with it.

Thanks for the clarification. Now, let's get back to the set discussion, like @Brickdoctor requested.

59 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Chinese courts are notorious for siding with companies from China in cases like this one. Here's one of many instances where a Chinese manufacturer stole another company's designs and got away with it.

Don't forget how the destroyed MG Rover Group in the UK by duping them into the designs. Lego is going to have to start patenting each design. I can't see Lepin creating 33% of their work for copies. Then if they did it would just bloat the costs to us.

If there are ESB figures in the new Falcon, what are the chances of a set of TLJ figures ? Obviously Luke would be a really divisive inclusion seeing as he's unavailable anywhere else atm but what about the others?! 75105 is still on sale which has essentially all the relevant figs to the ship in Episode VII..

(Also: Is it normal to just start posting in forums as soon as you made an account ? This is my first time on any message board site !)

Just now, gudetamago said:

(Also: Is it normal to just start posting in forums as soon as you made an account ? This is my first time on any message board site !)

Yes it is! Welcome to EB :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, therealharbinger said:

Don't forget how the destroyed MG Rover Group in the UK by duping them into the designs. Lego is going to have to start patenting each design. I can't see Lepin creating 33% of their work for copies. Then if they did it would just bloat the costs to us.

What is not normal, is continuing an off-topic conversation, while two staff members have asked not to do so!

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Well that doesn't sound so promising...

5 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well that doesn't sound so promising...

@Sneakguest I have told several times to stop the discussion, yet you still continue. You cannot simply ignore staff members.

This is a final warning for everyone. Next stop is visiting the chamber and potentially being banned. It's your call.

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

@Sneakguest I have told several times to stop the discussion, yet you still continue. You cannot simply ignore staff members.

This is a final warning for everyone. Next stop is visiting the chamber and potentially being banned. It's your call.

Did not pay attention, sorry about that, meant no disrespect

https://www.hobbychimp.com/products/lego-star-wars-ultimate-collectors-millennium-falcon-1?gclid=CjwKCAjw2ZXMBRB2EiwA2HVD-E7-y2F9a79rbQiIM6z310-_9fo7wcMn7SJoYpBC-z8EIrKdZ5agWBoCo_MQAvD_BwE I just pray the new falcon is not a boatload of cash like the old one:/ 

1 hour ago, gudetamago said:

If there are ESB figures in the new Falcon, what are the chances of a set of TLJ figures ? Obviously Luke would be a really divisive inclusion seeing as he's unavailable anywhere else atm but what about the others?! 75105 is still on sale which has essentially all the relevant figs to the ship in Episode VII..

That is a very solid point. Welcome to eurobricks:)

1 hour ago, Aggron44 said:

https://www.hobbychimp.com/products/lego-star-wars-ultimate-collectors-millennium-falcon-1?gclid=CjwKCAjw2ZXMBRB2EiwA2HVD-E7-y2F9a79rbQiIM6z310-_9fo7wcMn7SJoYpBC-z8EIrKdZ5agWBoCo_MQAvD_BwE I just pray the new falcon is not a boatload of cash like the old one:/ 

That is a very solid point. Welcome to eurobricks:)

You're likely looking at £650+ / $799ish... (according to a picture which appeared to show the retail price for it on a POS terminal in a TLG shop)

*edit* Oh jeese! I just saw the price of the one you linked!!

Edited by Fuppylodders

Yeah not buying that one!

Thanks! Still $800 dollars is a lot for plastic:/

I'll probably just mod my falcon to look a little better.

10 hours ago, Madrigan said:

Patience is key in the MF case. Mother of all the virtues isn't it ?

And like always, don't make our expectation too high. That's the best way to be disappointed.

Thanks to all who are sharing informations !

There should be no issues with that, since the final product is practically guaranteed to be incredible beyond imagination. An 7,500 piece set? We can wait.

As far as I'm concerned, the real clincher with this set will be what we end up getting on the minifigure side. Ideally, we wouldn't get anything unique, but a nice varied selection of multi-generational figures.

Edited by Azani

What if they turn the Falcon into a Deathstar type giant playset, lots of figures and interior but in terms of an accurate display model it will be lacking. Lego may think that they have done the accurate model in 10179 but now its time for something different.

1 hour ago, Azani said:

As far as I'm concerned, the real clincher with this set will be what we end up getting on the minifigure side. Ideally, we wouldn't get anything unique, but a nice varied selection of multi-generational figures.

There will almost certainly be unique minifigs. The last UCS set that didn't have exclusives was the X-Wing, some 4 years ago. Extrapolating from what Stash has reported, we're probably looking at new versions of Bespin Han and Leia (white jumpsuit?) and more detailed versions of Rey and Finn.

57 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Extrapolating from what Stash has reported, we're probably looking at new versions of Bespin Han and Leia (white jumpsuit?) and more detailed versions of Rey and Finn.

See, that makes sense for the die-hard collectors, but I'm sure that it would still sell incredibly well without exclusive figs, which would be unreasonably inflated in price going forward due to their inclusion in that single set.