Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

33 minutes ago, brobert said:

When exactly have you seen a high-profile Lego set ever sell on half price? 

Never, even slave1 and TF are selling for more than listed prices. If there is a new MF it'll be sold on ebay straight away for well over the listed price. Not that I buy any of those pictures posted on here. I mean...did lego really box it upside down? The Lego font is the right way up in these "xrays" but the outer white wrapping paper is upside down...me thinks the trolls have failed.

16 minutes ago, therealharbinger said:

Never, even slave1 and TF are selling for more than listed prices. If there is a new MF it'll be sold on ebay straight away for well over the listed price. Not that I buy any of those pictures posted on here. I mean...did lego really box it upside down? The Lego font is the right way up in these "xrays" but the outer white wrapping paper is upside down...me thinks the trolls have failed.

And the Star Wars logo is absent. Which is always prominently present. 

1 hour ago, therealharbinger said:

Actually the Lego logo is the only thing that certainly is there under that paper and is quite clearly visible without any Photoshop tricks. And yes, it's upside down. All the other things people see there are mostly guesses or wishful thinking... I'm not saying that it's not the MF, I just don't see any proof in that photo yet.

Edited by Vodnik

57 minutes ago, Mooste said:

There's a good chance that it's the back of the box that was ever so slightly visible.

1 hour ago, Mooste said:

TLG may have covered the SW logo, as it was probably too clearly visible through the paper... They didn't cover the Lego logo, as - obviously - we know it's a Lego set, and other elements are hard to see through the paper. The SW logo would probably be even more recognizable than the Lego logo, so they covered it, as they didn't want to reveal it to be SW set. I know I would cover it...

4 hours ago, brobert said:

Perhaps you missed 'second hand', aka used? It isn't unrealistic to expect to find any lego set still currently in production for half the msrp.  Heck, people post their crazy finds on Reddit all the time. In the US at least, there are several avenues for clueless parents to sell their children's unwanted toys.

4 hours ago, brobert said:

You can get sometimes on Swedish second hand sites or FB groups, but of course rarely new and sealed ones if they got half price, but some people they buy, the build once, then they just sell if for half the price they bought it for

5 hours ago, brobert said:

You can get some really amazing deals through Ebays auction or best offer sales. If you browse new listings regularly, you'll find users trying to get rid of things asap. Sites like gumtree and facebook give you even better deals but they don't come in as good condition as I like. A lot of U.S. Stores seem to get good discounts from wallmart and other such stores, as such, that's probably the only country I know where they get good deals on sets from direct suppliers and good deals at that (40-70% off on a NIB set)

4 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

You can get some really amazing deals through Ebays auction or best offer sales. If you browse new listings regularly, you'll find users trying to get rid of things asap. Sites like gumtree and facebook give you even better deals but they don't come in as good condition as I like. A lot of U.S. Stores seem to get good discounts from wallmart and other such stores, as such, that's probably the only country I know where they get good deals on sets from direct suppliers and good deals at that (40-70% off on a NIB set)

This ^ very often on eBay you get people trying to clear out their old collections. If you can filter out all the re-sellers there are some good deals to be had.

6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Not like I know the exact profit margin of lego

if their OI of 30+% is any indication, it is likely in the neighborhood of 50% ...

Best deals for sealed sets are from big stores during clearing out times. I got the UCS tie fighter with 40% off from Toysrus. 

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

And this is related to the topic?

anyways is it only me or does the picture of the box look like an imperial shuttle?

1 hour ago, Aggron44 said:

And this is related to the topic?

anyways is it only me or does the picture of the box look like an imperial shuttle?

Yes, plenty of people replied to brobert about this, I don't see why I am the only one who has to be called out. You're not wrong, it's slightly off topic but someone should've stopped it awhile back.

I was wondering how TLG would be able to make a MF interior without incresasing too much pieces count and price. 

A design option would be to decrease the size of the old MF by 10-15%, making a greater decrease in volume hence in weight and structural pieces, which are usually big. 

This approach would give some space for smaller (and cheaper) pieces for the interior. 

Edited by dvogon
Clearer text

I have heard that the new set is the Millennium Falcon too, but that it will be able to be converted from the Star Wars version to the more recent The Force Awakens. It will contain all minifgures from both generations. Has anyone else heard that yet?

35 minutes ago, SFmuscle73 said:

I have heard that the new set is the Millennium Falcon too, but that it will be able to be converted from the Star Wars version to the more recent The Force Awakens. It will contain all minifgures from both generations. Has anyone else heard that yet?

Yes, according to pretty much all of the rumors it's supposed to have two radar dishes and a small set of ESB minifigs plus another set of TFA minifigs.

Well less than a month to official revealing and still not a single picture or detailed information of content, TLG did a good job this tim to keep it a secret

19 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well less than a month to official revealing and still not a single picture or detailed information of content, TLG did a good job this tim to keep it a secret

Good job, yes. Frustrating, also yes. I mean it's great that Lepin don't get a jump on production, but I would like at least a little bit of time to figure out if I want to set aside such a massive amount of money.

35 minutes ago, TheRealDickDastardly said:

Good job, yes. Frustrating, also yes. I mean it's great that Lepin don't get a jump on production, but I would like at least a little bit of time to figure out if I want to set aside such a massive amount of money.

Agreed. TLG's secrecy is rather frustrating and ultimately detrimental to the end consumer. I don't know anyone who just has $600+ USD lying around to just drop on Force Friday, much less $800 USD by October 1st. I really wish they'd reveal their sets earlier; we'd all be better off knowing about the sets as early as possible. Thank the maker for leaks. However, TLG could easily prevent leaks if they'd reveal the sets in a reasonable amount of time. You'd think they'd want our first impressions of a set to be official HD images rather than a blurry photo of a preliminary image in a retailer catalog. Perhaps I'm spoiled by a world where movies have trailers a year in advance, but I don't think asking for an official reveal a few months earlier is totally unreasonable. As it stands, we usually only get official reveals several days before any given wave comes out, or just a single month in the case of D2C sets.

It has been "unofficially" confirmed that it is the UCS Aluminum Falcon.

Edited by ISDAvenger

2 hours ago, Nokturn said:

Agreed. TLG's secrecy is rather frustrating and ultimately detrimental to the end consumer. I don't know anyone who just has $600+ USD lying around to just drop on Force Friday, much less $800 USD by October 1st. I really wish they'd reveal their sets earlier; we'd all be better off knowing about the sets as early as possible. Thank the maker for leaks. However, TLG could easily prevent leaks if they'd reveal the sets in a reasonable amount of time. You'd think they'd want our first impressions of a set to be official HD images rather than a blurry photo of a preliminary image in a retailer catalog. Perhaps I'm spoiled by a world where movies have trailers a year in advance, but I don't think asking for an official reveal a few months earlier is totally unreasonable. As it stands, we usually only get official reveals several days before any given wave comes out, or just a single month in the case of D2C sets.

Just because you don't know anyone with $600+ to spare doesn't mean nobody can afford it :wink:

Edited by Chewk

2 minutes ago, Chewk said:

Just because you don't know anyone with $600+ to spare doesn't mean nobody can afford it :wink:

You missed my point entirely. I never said that nobody could afford it, and quite frankly I think it's pretty rude to act as if $600+ is a trivial amount of money. Anyway, my point was that TLG should reveal the sets earlier so that everyone has time to plan their purchases and save up the money, which I'd imagine a very large chunk of people need to do in order to ever be able to afford something like an entire wave of sets or the Falcon. LEGO sets are incredibly expensive and their target market covers a wide range of people with different financial situations.

Edited by Nokturn

4 hours ago, Nokturn said:

I have to disagree, man; as much as I enjoy the concept of leaks and the occasional discovery of a particular one, I have never wavered in my belief that both the immediate retailers and the end consumer are harmed by the existence of leaks, regardless of the stage at which they arrive. After a product has been developed, it's incredibly important for a company to maintain total control over its imagery and design in order to be able to control the marketing, and by extension the image of said product. Leaks are often detrimental as a result of the half-baked opinions that they generate from very preliminary or poorly contextualized images. Further, TLG and other companies in the consumer luxury goods industry are attempting to craft consumer loyalty to as high of a degree as possible, and this requires a very predictable schedule of announcements that can be delayed or hastened based on the product and the amount of "judgement time" that TLG decides is most conducive to purchase for the consumer. Some sets, including most smaller-caliber non-licensed products, require more time to "judge", while others, such as massive rehashes of iconic licensed products, require much less. TLG knows very well that the sort of people buying 75192 will primarily consist of those who would buy it regardless of its flaws, and I'm pretty sure that we all know that on some level as well. As far as the price is concerned, I'd make the case that such a high MSRP is relatively immaterial to most fans; if you have 300 USD to spend on a toy, then you probably can fork over 800.

Also:

However, TLG could easily prevent leaks if they'd reveal the sets in a reasonable amount of time.

No, they definitely couldn't.

Edited by Azani

19 minutes ago, Azani said:

I have to disagree, man...

<snip>

....Am I just not making myself clear today or what? Everything you just said was you agreeing with me. I said that TLG would want our first impressions of the sets to be HD images instead of leaks, which is basically what you just said also. I dunno if I'm wording things poorly or if people are just skimming over my points, but it's a little annoying either way.