Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, The_Chosen_1 said:

Not sure if this has been shared yet, but according to the September 2017 Lego Store calendar the Shoretrooper minifig will be available in the U.S. for Force Friday II.

Nice. I hope that this also goes for the UK, too, since I'm planning to purchase Kylo's TIE Fighter the moment it comes out, so hopefully I'll be able to get the polybag and clip it together with my R3.

18 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we know if the UCS MF has an interior yet? 

If it is really 7500 pieces I am certain there might be a part of the Falcons interior. The Exterior is what I am looking forward to the most for a Display Model.

Just now, Crzypengu said:

If it is really 7500 pieces I am certain there might be a part of the Falcons interior. The Exterior is what I am looking forward to the most for a Display Model.

I must have missed a lot of info then because I did not know it was going to be that big! ?

16 minutes ago, Crzypengu said:

The Exterior is what I am looking forward to the most for a Display Model.

This is my thoughts exactly. I couldn't care less about an interior, I just want something as close to the old one as possible. People's jaws drop when they see the old one at conventions, I want them to have the same reaction in my home :devil::laugh:

7 minutes ago, xnanx said:

All this hype.. LEGO better have enough ready on-hand on September 14th

Ofcourse they won't. It will sell out instantly. Here's the thing with hype; it creates even more hype by not having enough stock at launch to meet demand. It's Apple marketing 101. And it works.

I hope the high Australian prices are actually helpful for once and ward off any other potential buyers. I want my falcon ASAP :tongue:. Hopefully they limit to one per customer to keep resellers away and serious buyers can get the set they want.

4 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I hope the high Australian prices are actually helpful for once and ward off any other potential buyers. I want my falcon ASAP :tongue:. Hopefully they limit to one per customer to keep resellers away and serious buyers can get the set they want.

If you want it ASAP (and not next year), then you will have to order it from S@H. The stock your set comes from is for all of Europe too, and those are the resellers you will want to be kept at bay. The Australian price will have absolutely no bearing on those stock levels, only those of the physical release some time next year... assuming that happens... but I don't expect too many retailers will want $1000 Lego sets sitting in their shops.

Just now, Artanis I said:

If you want it ASAP (and not next year), then you will have to order it from S@H. The stock your set comes from is for all of Europe too, and those are the resellers you will want to be kept at bay. The Australian price will have absolutely no bearing on those stock levels, only those of the physical release some time next year... assuming that happens... but I don't expect too many retailers will want $1000 Lego sets sitting in their shops.

I was unaware that it was the same stock for the whole of Europe, I thought it was per country. TIL. I was planning on ordering from S@H cause there's really no other options for us aussies.

When an X-Wing (eg) goes out of S@H stock in one country that gets the European box, it is immediately out for all of them (despite being still available on USA S@H). All our S@H orders come from Denmark, not locally (hence the hefty postage). That's where my conclusion comes from, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but it makes perfect sense to me.

5 hours ago, Markalus said:

Ofcourse they won't. It will sell out instantly. Here's the thing with hype; it creates even more hype by not having enough stock at launch to meet demand. It's Apple marketing 101. And it works.

It often works. But it doesn't always work. Nintendo sold a ton using this trick, and yet I know several people (including myself) that went from buying only Nintendo to saying "screw you" and choosing to never buy their products again. If Lego goes down this road, I'll likely do the same.

It works in the short run, but it hurts the business in the long run.

Edited by thorin

1 hour ago, thorin said:

It often works. But it doesn't always work. Nintendo sold a ton using this trick, and yet I know several people (including myself) that went from buying only Nintendo to saying "screw you" and choosing to never buy their products again. If Lego goes down this road, I'll likely do the same.

True. I guess we will find out soon enough. I think Lego has enough brand loyalty and lack of competition though,  not to mention the tsunami of obsessive Star Wars fans who will covet this thing (assuming it's good of course). 

33 minutes ago, Markalus said:

True. I guess we will find out soon enough. I think Lego has enough brand loyalty and lack of competition though,  not to mention the tsunami of obsessive Star Wars fans who will covet this thing (assuming it's good of course). 

Definitely. It's not like they can screw up so badly that people will turn from them. Making electronic devices is a tad more complicated than selling plastic toys, in Lego, it will always be a question of personal taste, even if 90 percent of people think it's bad, that 10%, who already saved up the money in months will buy it anyway. Heck, if TLG decided to put it up for preorder based on just the one teaser picture we've already seen, it would sell out in minutes. That's how dangerous this fandom is :laugh:

2 hours ago, thorin said:

It doesn't work. Nintendo is just stubborn and stupid by discontinuing the NES Classic although there's demand. They're not making profits from producing a small amount of NES or SNES Classics and scalpers selling them for a lot higher prices. If they'd produce more, they'd sell more.

Lego is not artificially keeping those big new sets rare - they just cannot produce more without compromising the production of other sets or greatly increasing the production cost of those big models (due to more complex logistics etc.). They're going to produce as many as they can.

Demand will probably be a little bit higher than production, but give it some weeks or a couple of months and they will have cought up. I personally don't mind waiting until May 4th and getting double VIP points.

Edited by Alexastor

It took 2 months for my Saturn 5 to arrive having ordered it on day 2 of release, if the same or worse goes for the MF, then you might just have to look on it as an early order for a Christmas present! In the end, it's going to be on sale for years, so it's not like if you miss out on day one you'll never get one.

33 minutes ago, Flandy said:

It took 2 months for my Saturn 5 to arrive having ordered it on day 2 of release, if the same or worse goes for the MF, then you might just have to look on it as an early order for a Christmas present! In the end, it's going to be on sale for years, so it's not like if you miss out on day one you'll never get one.

Good to know. Its like an Apple event

I won't be getting the MF cos my budget and conscience wont allow it but am happy for those who can. What I am most happy about though is that this should be a shot in the head for those disgusting ebayers trying to sell a now obsolete lego MF for £2,000. But....just means they will be replaced with others selling this MF when it too is retired.

1 hour ago, Brickdad said:

What I am most happy about though is that this should be a shot in the head for those disgusting ebayers trying to sell a now obsolete lego MF for £2,000...

Couldn't agree with you more

27 minutes ago, AussieSamurai said:

Couldn't agree with you more

I actually emailed LEGO about this.  I put a review up on the Apollo and advised not to shell out stupid money as it will be back in stock.  Only emailed LEGO to ask what mitigation they have for the risk of these quick flippers clearing the shelves in a quarter of the time the Apollo was cleared. I got a vey dignified response.  Their goal is not to feed resellers but for as many real fans to enjoy the new sets as possible.  I took from that that the limit will be low and it will have a long enough production run to squash those very disgusting ebayers you mention

Edited by shotgunmcos
typo

3 hours ago, Alexastor said:

It doesn't work. Nintendo is just stubborn and stupid by discontinuing the NES Classic although there's demand. They're not making profits from producing a small amount of NES or SNES Classics and scalpers selling them for a lot higher prices. If they'd produce more, they'd sell more.

Lego is not artificially keeping those big new sets rare - they just cannot produce more without compromising the production of other sets or greatly increasing the production cost of those big models (due to more complex logistics etc.). They're going to produce as many as they can.

Demand will probably be a little bit higher than production, but give it some weeks or a couple of months and they will have cought up. I personally don't mind waiting until May 4th and getting double VIP points.

Not like I know the exact profit margin of lego, but it's likely it's more for these bigger and expensive sets, thus even this one will be for sale sooner or later, and even if it would be that much cheaper, me and I just wait until it's sold second hand for like half the price, cos more than 500 euros, am not paying

11 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Not like I know the exact profit margin of lego, but it's likely it's more for these bigger and expensive sets, thus even this one will be for sale sooner or later, and even if it would be that much cheaper, me and I just wait until it's sold second hand for like half the price, cos more than 500 euros, am not paying

When exactly have you seen a high-profile Lego set ever sell on half price?