Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

8 hours ago, Azani said:

This kind of thing has happened a lot in recent years. This figure is most likely stolen directly from a LEGO factory by one of the employees, who either gave it to someone or decided to sell it themselves. That's what happened with the Force Awakens minifigs in 2015, anyway. Personally, I find it to be a disgusting practice and I suggest that nobody actually support it by buying it. Taking pictures and leaking them is one thing, but stealing physical merchandise and selling it is rather reprehensible. I'd hope that TLG will be able to stop this sort of thing from reoccurring next time.

Edited by Nokturn

So that's great! Everyone is seeing what they wanted to see!

Personnaly, I see a big classic space set with a monorail :wub:

2 hours ago, Azani said:

In light of the fact that both Disney and TLG are notoriously strict with their street dates for promotional tie-ins of any kind, I would agree that the odds of it being a genuine figure are especially slim. That said, I still suspect that we'd be seeing bootlegs en masse by this point if folks such as those over at Lepin were going to attempt to profit from doing so, as Force Friday II is less than a month away from today.

If you're suggesting that they guy made it himself, then I can tell you that I would definitely buy that figure. That would be some serious high-quality craftsmanship.

True, it does look good. But I am surprised it has a flesh head. If my memory serves me right his skin tone was grey?

Seems to be sold now.

40 minutes ago, Bob De Quatre said:

So that's great! Everyone is seeing what they wanted to see!

Personnaly, I see a big classic space set with a monorail :wub:

Yes please, would like one too. :thumbup:

This "x-raying" of a photo seems reminisces of /pol/ on 4Chan... 

Everyone kind of expected him to have the coloring of Palpatine. Grey/white skin. Black robes. I think that while that might arguably look cooler it might have been more boring and samey! The minifigure looks kind of plain and boring to me but maybe the movie will make me realize how awesome it is.

I can't tell what I'm supposed to be looking at with all the Photoshoppery. I do think I can see the LEGO logo on the box under the wrapper, but this phantom Falcon cockpit of which others speak continues to elude me.

That said, I've long wanted an updated UCS Millennium Falcon, and I do think we're getting one. It's really the ideal choice for a special Star Wars set for a major anniversary year; I wouldn't be surprised if they do it a third time for the 50th in 2027, in fact.

(In fact, mods, I think we should start the 2027 Rumors & Speculation thread now. :tongue: )

On August 1, 2017 at 0:21 PM, Choops said:

1686 pieces X 4.86 = 8194 pieces

Steve

On August 1, 2017 at 0:16 PM, TheRealDickDastardly said:

On that note, something 4.86 times the size of the Creator London bus would put the new set at around the price that was rumoured a little while ago.

On August 1, 2017 at 0:19 PM, ChristopherLee said:

If it's truly that large, its piece count would be at 8194 pieces.

It's pretty clear from the wording of the official LEGO tease that they're referring to the volume of the box, though I can also see the piece count being in that ballpark.

That Snoke figure is from a guy in the Chicagoland Facebook LEGO group.  He gets lots of rare items early.  Somehow, he has a connection overseas and has stated that before.  His 'connection' is also illegal as the items are not yet for sale, therefore they have been removed illegally from the plant, and they still belong to LEGO...I mean if we want to get all technical...But yeah, his stuff is legit!

17 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Pretty sure it's Wayne Manor from the Lego Batman Movie.

I don't know if it is from the movie, but since we already had a classic 60's Batcave, the LEGO Batman Movie Wayne Manor would make sense.

Looks like Kylo Ren's TIE at the top.  The "enhanced" photos certainly show a Falcon cockpit under the LEGO logo on the box (not the LEGO logo on the white covering).  This is very interesting!  

7 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

I don't know if it is from the movie, but since we already had a classic 60's Batcave, the LEGO Batman Movie Wayne Manor would make sense.

Off topic! Reported to mods. Oh. Wait.

The second set is that fishing hut surely, where's this Wayne Manor rumour come from?

And everyone - c'mon, Falcon is clearly visible in that colour swapped box image. Now...will it be any good...

12 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Off topic! Reported to mods. Oh. Wait.

The second set is that fishing hut surely, where's this Wayne Manor rumour come from?

And everyone - c'mon, Falcon is clearly visible in that colour swapped box image. Now...will it be any good...

To answer your question...

On ‎2‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:48 AM, Stash2Sixx said:

Falcon will be bigger, much bigger than Wayne Manor. Price as well!

As far as I know, this is where the rumour about Wayne Manor is coming from, but I could be wrong.

In case you have anymore TLBM questions

Hope this helps!

If my deduction is correct, One of the sets( which lego stated is 4.86 bigger than creator london bus. ( sourced from lego's fb) has a volume of 97200 cubic cm and the old ucs falcon has a volume of about 98784 cubic cm, which is pretty close to each other. And the new sets' boxes are smaller than similar size ones in the past so the new one can be smaller too.

Edited by Darth Hammy

3 minutes ago, Darth Hammy said:

If my deduction is correct, One of the sets( which lego stated is 4.86 bigger than creator london bus. ( sourced from lego's fb) has a volume of 97200 cubic cm and the old ucs falcon has a volume of about 98784 cubic cm, which is pretty close to each other. And the new sets' boxes are smaller than similar size ones in the past so the new one can be smaller too.

So, in other words, what we're getting is pretty much going to be the same size in terms of pieces.

I'm not hung up on an interior - and we ain't getting one - the more this rumour spreads the more disappointment there could be. I don't want that overshadowing a new Falcon, I chose not to get the last one and always regretted that...

in the mod's place I would've started a separate "UCS MF rumors and discussion" thread a year or so ago :laugh:

1 hour ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Doesn't matter if it's good, it's gonna be big and expensive ->it will sell like a...well, MF (if you know what I mean :D)

I'm really curious now anyway, the chances of me buying it are next to nothing on the rumored price, but still...we've been reading founded and unfounded guesses about it for a long time...

btw, I was just interested if these "x-rayed" images are full bs or not, and I could reproduce similar results just with the built-in windows image editor, the details are visible so no question in my mind that this is the Falcon

Edited by brobert

1 hour ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

So, in other words, what we're getting is pretty much going to be the same size in terms of pieces.

I'm not hung up on an interior - and we ain't getting one - the more this rumour spreads the more disappointment there could be. I don't want that overshadowing a new Falcon, I chose not to get the last one and always regretted that...

Interesting then, that for almost double price (?) they would release a set with no interior and similar size. (If true of course)

2 hours ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Not at all. That's just the volume of the box. There is a lot of empty space in LEGO boxes, remember? The box size of the old falcon is also the same size used for the SSD, both Death Stars and the Sydney opera house (there has to be a few more but I can't think of any right now.) All of those sets have drastically different piece counts but were all put in the same box. We can't infer piece count from volume.

3 hours ago, Darth Hammy said:

The 10179 box is 64.39 x 47.63 x 19.69 cm (according to bricklink) which is 60,387 cubic cm; the new box is 61% larger.

13 minutes ago, Argrax said:

The 10179 box is 64.39 x 47.63 x 19.69 cm (according to bricklink) which is 60,387 cubic cm; the new box is 61% larger.

Yep, looking at the picture the box appears to be a similar height and width to the boxes mentioned (original UCS MF, Death Star, Opera House etc.) but at least half as deep again, which matches that.

Also means it wont fit in my boot :( (or trunk if you're American)  #first-world-problems

Don't know if this was already mentioned before, but this part introduced in a Ninjago Movie Set could be the UCS MF Cockpit:

WALL, CONE 5X10X6

EDIT:
Soooorry, too many pages to look through :D
But the edited image of the wrapped box seems to confirm this. Definitely looks like this part.

Edited by Vaionaut

Just now, Vaionaut said:

Don't know if this was already mentioned before, but this part introduced in a Ninjago Movie Set could be the UCS MF Cockpit:

Only a couple of times :laugh: :wink:

5 hours ago, Darth Hammy said:

Sorry but that's incorrect. The original UCS Falcon box was about 60,000 cubic cm

On 2.8.2017 at 1:47 AM, Nokturn said:

No, it wouldn't be. It would piss a lot of people off, myself included. TLG wouldn't do something like that.

Why so? You would get a Luke before the winter wave. Case now is that we ain't getting a Luke until next year...

4 hours ago, Vaionaut said:

WALL, CONE 5X10X6

EDIT:
Soooorry, too many pages to look through :D
But the edited image of the wrapped box seems to confirm this. Definitely looks like this part.

Yup, hopefully this piece is used for the Falcon. On the other hand we really need this piece just for the Window part of the cockpit. I would be totally fine with the other half of the cockpit being brick built.