Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, Tavis75 said:

I think that might just be random lighting on the wrapping, doesn't seem the right place on the box for the cockpit, if it was there there would be a massive empty space on the bottom left of the box art, plus I think it would end up partially under the logo and set information.

It's in almost exactly the same place as the TFA Falcon's cockpit is on its box.

91mAnKHYpXL._SY355_.jpg

59 minutes ago, Spongebob456 said:

Possible reveal on The Star Wars Show tomorrow? 

Does that series typically cover merchandising tie-ins such as LEGO UCS sets?

1 hour ago, Tavis75 said:

That part count sounds a little too high, think the 4.86 times comment is probably just referring to the box size.

I'm relatively certain that it does, yes. Is anyone aware of a collection of data that offers comparisons between packaging sizes and part counts for previously released sets? 

Rip wallets. It would be wiser to wait until a double VIP promo or May the Fourth but I wonder how many people with the money to buy it can wait. 

At least we know our wallets sacrificed themselves for a good cause.

I might also wait till May 4th to get it.

I think the 4.86 means the box size, not the piece count.

BTW, I think that cockpit is the System one (7965, 75105, etc), not the new bricks from the Ninjago set. Actually, looking at the size, it looks very similar to the Marshall banana version.

And it's funny, because that one is around 7500 bricks and that number fits with the x4.86.

Edited by hachiroku

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Falcon will be bigger, much bigger than Wayne Manor. Price as well!

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

Has WM been previously confirmed, or are you busting that one out for us too?

yippie!

Hey @Stash2Sixx, feel free to drop by the LEGO Batman Movie thread and spread a little love. Or info.

A link, for your convenience: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/143240-the-lego-batman-movie-setcmf-rumors-discussion/

Edited by rob-ot5000
added link!

Yeah, I think the Star Wars Show could be where they unveil it. Like someone else said, that's where they unveiled the Snowspeeder, I would imagine the same deal might go for the Falcon.

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Rip wallets. It would be wiser to wait until a double VIP promo or May the Fourth but I wonder how many people with the money to buy it can wait. 

I can't wait to buy this, and will be ordering it as soon as it's available.  Actually rumours of this set have been good for my bank-balance (at least in the short-term); I made a deal with myself that I'd buy it immediately, provided that I didn't buy anything else for a bit!  I'm planning to build this one straight away, but I'll probably buy another at some point if it ever goes on sale especially if it's got a nice looking box!! 

Oh, and there's going to be two new sets available to VIPs from 14th September.....hopefully this will be one of them! :wub:

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

BTW, I think that cockpit is the System one (7965, 75105, etc), not the new bricks from the Ninjago set.

I think you're right. This one seems to go from 8 studs to 4 studs. That's very unfortunate. A wasted opportunity.

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

I think you're right. This one seems to go from 8 studs to 4 studs. That's very unfortunate. A wasted opportunity.

Well, actually not sure. This pic changed my mind: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ACV51o16wRcFZqTncxcHlONUE/view

If you compare the front of the cockpit with the holes in the mandible, it is 6 studs (the holes where 6 studs in the 10179). If the cockpit were 4 studs, it'd look way more small than that.

Edited by hachiroku

2 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

Check where I've circled it

*Snip*

This is like the Turin Shroud of Lego!. People will be really disappointed when they reveal Lego Friends Ultimate Shopping mall.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks

wow. y'all must really be bored or jonesing for a falcon, because they are some serious reaches and stretches ... oy vey.

1 minute ago, Tidy said:

wow. y'all must really be bored or jonesing for a falcon, because they are some serious reaches and stretches ... oy vey.

I don't think its a case of seeing what you want to see as I have no desire for a UCS falcon but I saw the cockpit in the circle.

I'd laugh so hard if the Falcon was perfect in it's build and interior but pink in colours. Including Han Solo with pink leather jacket, Luke with pink hair & lightsaber (exclusive lightsaber piece!) as of course a pink 3'PO.

No for real: Just my speculation but wouldn't it be a genius move to include TFA Luke fig in the UCS Falcon?

Just now, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

No for real: Just my speculation but wouldn't it be a genius move to include TFA Luke fig in the UCS Falcon?

That would be the best way to secure some more sales, but unless they market it as an ach-to set and completely miss the old Han figure (which I doubt they'll do) it's unlikely to happen.

I really hope this is the falcon we have been waiting for. My wallet is ready (after months of saving, but still ready)

If that's the cockpit, it does indeed appear to be in an odd position, if you assume that's the front of box... very well might turn out to be my imagination but I think it's the back of the box and I'm seeing hints of an interior...

15 minutes ago, badgerboy said:

If that's the cockpit, it does indeed appear to be in an odd position, if you assume that's the front of box... very well might turn out to be my imagination but I think it's the back of the box and I'm seeing hints of an interior...

That's my thought as well. In that lower left hand corner I swear you can see a line intersecting through the exterior of the falcon. Underneath that line I'm willing to bet is an image of the interior

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

No, it wouldn't be. It would piss a lot of people off, myself included. TLG wouldn't do something like that.

A little big of a theory: I'm almost 100% positive that there would be a Cloud City luke fig all printed and dual molded legs