Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

4 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Yeah, no kiddin'!  I saw some pics months ago when I first posted...but these were super small pics and ones that could not be shared.  But that's ok, those who choose to believe me and know where I used to work, cool beans for you.  To all the other doubters...I get it.  Not a problem, I would be skeptical as well.

I would love to see those pictures... when we get confirmation of it on September 1st of course. I have heard it will either be a re-release of the original or a new update UCS Falcon. Of course with all of the new pieces introduced in the last decade it would be wise for Lego to make it much more accurate than the previous set.

Fuel to the UCS MF fire...

On vacation to Seattle right now and stopped at a local brick shop.  They had several 1st edition UCS Falcons and said they sell about 1 a month in the $5-6k range.  HOWEVER, he told me that he is basically "fire-selling" another 4 of them before the end of next month for a price of around $4k.  I was playing dumb and pried a bit on why the urgency.  He told me that he had several concrete sources that a new Falcon was on it's way in September and was very worried about what that was going to do to the resale value of is current Falcons.  He said a lot of other things that have already been rumored about several times here like the price being more than the original one, the canopy, etc...

Seemed pretty legit but who knows.  I guess we'll all find out in a month...

24 minutes ago, blbills said:

On vacation to Seattle right now and stopped at a local brick shop.  They had several 1st edition UCS Falcons and said they sell about 1 a month in the $5-6k range.  HOWEVER, he told me that he is basically "fire-selling" another 4 of them before the end of next month for a price of around $4k.  I was playing dumb and pried a bit on why the urgency.  He told me that he had several concrete sources that a new Falcon was on it's way in September and was very worried about what that was going to do to the resale value of is current Falcons.  He said a lot of other things that have already been rumored about several times here like the price being more than the original one, the canopy, etc...

His sources are probably the same ones we have on this thread.

24 minutes ago, blbills said:

That is pretty interesting. I think all of the re-sellers are probably worried about the cost of the original UCS Millennium Falcon if they believe a new version is coming out this year. I still think that the cost of 10179 will still be pretty high for nostalgia reasons, but fans of the ship would like to get one at a better price and hopefully a new model rather than a re-release.

18 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

His sources are probably the same ones we have on this thread.

He made it a point to say that his sources were not the bulletin boards when I questioned him.

Yet more UCS Falcon-related fuel directly from LEGO's facebook page (link):

'The London Bus comes in a box that is over 20,000 cm³ but something BIGGER is coming...  4.86 times bigger, to be exact!'

Credit to Covi on Brickset.

Has to be the falcon, with all the rumours of size it can't be anything else. Or maybe 4.86 London Bus'....

Edited by adamtea

Just now, Stash2Sixx said:

Falcon will be bigger, much bigger than Wayne Manor. Price as well!

Has WM been previously confirmed, or are you busting that one out for us too?

yippie!

When the UCS MF released will be, disappear my money will

Looks like its finally about to revealed, if you look pretty closely you can see some outlines of what seems like the Falcon. Thank. The. Maker.

Just now, G59 said:

When the UCS MF released will be, disappear my money will

On that note, something 4.86 times the size of the Creator London bus would put the new set at around the price that was rumoured a little while ago.

Just now, TheRealDickDastardly said:

On that note, something 4.86 times the size of the Creator London bus would put the new set at around the price that was rumoured a little while ago.

If it's truly that large, its piece count would be at 8194 pieces.

58 minutes ago, TheRealDickDastardly said:

From Bryan Morse's reply on Twitter to the above post, allow me to share another picture with the lighting changed, take a look in the top left hand corner of the box, you can see the cockpit!

*snip*

Yep. Can genuinely see it there. 

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks

That part count sounds a little too high, think the 4.86 times comment is probably just referring to the box size.

Just now, Tavis75 said:

That part count sounds a little too high, think the 4.86 times comment is probably just referring to the box size.

Probably true, but rumours have put the part count in the range of 7000-8000 pieces, so it's definitely possible.

Just now, Tavis75 said:

However, if it refers to the price, it would be £109.99 x 4.86 = £534.50. Assuming a licensing cost on top of that, we can assume it would be about £600, which was how much it was rumoured to cost.

Just now, Richpepperell said:

Yep. Can genuinely see it there. 

I think that might just be random lighting on the wrapping, doesn't seem the right place on the box for the cockpit, if it was there there would be a massive empty space on the bottom left of the box art, plus I think it would end up partially under the logo and set information.