Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

This may be a silly question but just so we can get a sense of comparison in your judgement how would you say this falcon compares to Marshal Banana's. 

Edited by Darth Max

46 minutes ago, Sportzjester said:

Have we heard anything about more Rogue One sets? Or are we completely past that window for set releases?

There will always be a chance for Rogue One sets in the future from now on. Of course they will probably be released sparingly and far between in the coming years but just like the first two trilogies, they will certainly continue making new one. Especially when anniversaries come up. 

37 minutes ago, Matt89190 said:

@GryffindorResistance - was it either of these:

*snip*

As both were fake (I'm not doubting you, I'm just trying to make sure we're all on the same page)

My exact thoughts when he mentioned bespin.

Anyway, we're only a month out from its supposed announcement, so we should be getting pictures within the next couple weeks. All we need is just a little patience.

Just now, Darth Hammy said:

I'm confused. Is the ucs falcon true or false

We don't know for sure. It is most likely coming as many sources have said it is, but no real pictures exist as of yet. This thread just goes off the rails whenever the falcon is mentioned.

10 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

So I only saw the front cover of the box. I have no clue what minifigs are in the set, but I noticed a few things. The cockpit is no longer brick built, but seems to be a new molded area. Also, the radar dish has a new build as well. The whole falcon looks highly detailed with a lot of little pieces in light grey, dark grey, and dark red to really bring out that junky look of the millennium falcon. It looks a bit smoother as well without as many studs as the original. I have no clue if there is an interior yet. There you go!

So about the canopy for the cockpit, could you tell if it was a large part with printing, or was it a frame piece with pop-in windows like parts made for City aircraft sets? 

Personally, the latter option I would be quite excited about. :classic:

He hasn't really said anything different that  we haven't already pieced together (such as that new cockpit piece in the ninja film set) or anything else  that  we could have reasonably guessed to be the case so there's no need to get all hyped up as though it's a new piece of information. 

Just now, thenerdnextdoor said:

The new Zanes tank thing from the TLNM has a weird rounded piece on the back that could be used for the cockpit for the falcon.

pic from the BrickFan 

That's the piece I was on about, that gryffindorresistance mentioned, that has been known about as a possibility for a while.

1 minute ago, Fuppylodders said:

That's the piece I was on about, that gryffindorresistance mentioned, that has been known about as a possibility for a while.

Wha...my gosh, that is a new piece! I've been presuming this whole time without looking too closely that the Ice Tank was using a recolor of the traditional MF canopy part! :hmpf: :facepalm:

Well, I don't read this thread often, so I guess that is our UCS canopy piece.

3 hours ago, Darth Hammy said:

I'm confused. Is the ucs falcon true or false

It's true. LEGO is just being very careful not to leak out info early so the scumbags over at Lepin don't get a jump on production!  

2 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

It's true. LEGO is just being very careful not to leak out info early so the scumbags over at Lepin don't get a jump on production!  

Fair enough since they are basically making ideas sets as well...

BB-8 looks pretty damn epic, especially if this does roll in at the £100 mark as claimed, pretty good value for money.

Force Friday awaits, 1 month to go! As much as I want a Falcon I am hoping for something new and spectacular (Tie Bomber, ATAT...Outrider, you know for those that paid attention to detail in the 97 re release)

8 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Is it proven to be true, or is it what you hope?

Just now, Aggron44 said:

Is it proven to be true, or is it what you hope?

Since many sources have provided information, it's assumed to be true. But there has not been any official confirmation from TLG's side. But let's not start that discussion again, shall we? 

38 minutes ago, Jim said:

Since many sources have provided information, it's assumed to be true. But there has not been any official confirmation from TLG's side. But let's not start that discussion again, shall we? 

Not speculation here but this is direct experience.

Bought the UCS Tie Fighter in April, from the Flagship store in London, UK, I asked the staff there if they knew anything.

The reply was.. "We are under an NDA on discussing this" Followed by a wink.

Not sure if I was being trolled or not but the above conversation did take place.

My guess is, it's not to prevent the cheap Chinese stuff coming out, it's to try and limit the amount of people hoovering up all the supply at launch and then again we are back to square 1 with them selling on fleabay for £2k a pop or both. The less they advertise until launch the better. I know they operate a 2 per customer.. But I could easily obtain 18 of them in 4hrs alone.

Realise my 4 post count doesn't count for much but I am a die hard collector of these, I have the entire collection bar Vaders Tie and 1% left of Yoda.

Yes, we see the old UCS Falcon sealed in ebay at £2,000+ but has ANYONE bought one at that price? Same with the Sandcrawler at over £350, does anyone buy them at that price? I reckon these people just keep relisting in the hope some mug buys it.

That new piece basically matches the cockpit dimensions perfectly it seems. This kind of seals the deal. 

12 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Hmm, that is pretty good to hear then. They may be trying to push this out as soon as possible then before Lepin produces the same product. I wonder if September 1st will reveal the whole set or if they will say that it will be coming out in 2 weeks. As much as I like pre orders, I want one this year.

Just now, Crzypengu said:

Hmm, that is pretty good to hear then. They may be trying to push this out as soon as possible then before Lepin produces the same product. I wonder if September 1st will reveal the whole set or if they will say that it will be coming out in 2 weeks. As much as I like pre orders, I want one this year.

Yeah, no kiddin'!  I saw some pics months ago when I first posted...but these were super small pics and ones that could not be shared.  But that's ok, those who choose to believe me and know where I used to work, cool beans for you.  To all the other doubters...I get it.  Not a problem, I would be skeptical as well.

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Yeah, no kiddin'!  I saw some pics months ago when I first posted...but these were super small pics and ones that could not be shared.  But that's ok, those who choose to believe me and know where I used to work, cool beans for you.  To all the other doubters...I get it.  Not a problem, I would be skeptical as well.

@Stash2Sixx - Thanks for all of the info you've provided this year (especially regarding 75192) - it's been much appreciated :classic:

After a truly uninspiring range of 'UCS' sets last year TLG seem to have raised the bar for 2017; the Snowspeeder was a brilliant starting point and I really cannot wait to see the next offering!  I find it sad that LEGO need to be so secretive due to the actions of Lepin etc, but hopefully that will be resolved in the courts, fingers crossed.  It's going to be a long month, but I get the feeling that it's going to be exceptional and worth all of the waiting!