Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

The walkers are ugly, but since they're FO I'll probably still get them (on sale, hopefully). Kylo's fighter looks really cool, and the resistance pod/speeder thing is meh, but if it's cheap it'd be worthwhile. I didn't realize how huge the bomber was until now! Not a resistance fan, but that's impressive - it's like a mini Nebulon frigate. As others have said, the FO SD looks cool on the outside, but the inside is what really blows me away - every SD we've had has had a pretty lackluster interior, and all of the sudden we have this! Overall, I'd say this wave isn't as good as the R1 sets, but it's better than the TFA line.

OK for the "heavy scout walker" is that thing spouse to jump? That is the only thing, that I can think of for it design. 

1 minute ago, samurai-turtle said:

OK for the "heavy scout walker" is that thing spouse to jump? That is the only thing, that I can think of for it design. 

I thought the Legs go up and down as you role it to give the impression it's walking when you look at it from an angle. 

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

The images that were leaked show the vehicle's function. If it jumped, then that would be a pretty impressive design.

Have we seen a Star Destroyer that opens along the center like 75190 does before? I wonder how strong the segments are.

41 minutes ago, Azani said:

The images that were leaked show the vehicle's function. If it jumped, then that would be a pretty impressive design.

Have we seen a Star Destroyer that opens along the center like 75190 does before? I wonder how strong the segments are.

looks darn near identical to 75055 ...

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

I thought the Legs go up and down as you role it to give the impression it's walking when you look at it from an angle. 

imagine a long legged crab scuttling around ... that is the scout walker ...

Just now, Bardan_Jusik said:

Most likely Kylo Ren.

Oh fine, I was afraid that Palpatine was resurected ...

28 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

Oh fine, I was afraid that Palpatine was resurected ...

Hopefully it will be enough with Darth Maul, that was painful enough, personally that I will never accept that as canon... eternal denial

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Hopefully it will be enough with Darth Maul, that was painful enough, personally that I will never accept that as canon... eternal denial

It's not even the craziest thing to happen in the SW universe..

I already commented on the Scout Walker and I still think it is ugly. Seeing the other sets in HD has lead to that opinion on them as well as basically all sets except for Kylo Rens Tie look like a mess. But to be fair I don't know if it's the design of the vehicle or how TLC recreated them. I actually hope for the later, because this means that at least the movie will be more enjoyable for me.

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 2:24 AM, ChristopherLee said:

The Heavy Scout Walker is modeled after Theo Jansen's "Strandbeest," in how it moves around. It is also a droid or remotely controlled as it has no pilot.

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Renegade Clone said:

I'm intrigued by the resemblance the Heavy Scout Walker has to a Strandbeest. 

I know I'm late to the party, but this was the first thought I had upon seeing the photos of the new sets! At least it's an original (for SW) design, right? That and the Resistance Bomber. As much as it's "realistic" as it were to have industrial designs that are updated over decades with not much that is revolutionary in the mix, it can be a bit tedious to see the latest version of a star destroyer or TIE fighter. At least nobody is forcing me to buy the sets :wink:

I love how the Heavy Assault Walker looks in dark bluish grey.

Don't care much for the minifigure selection beyond Rey, though.

Edited by x105Black

42 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I love how the Heavy Assault Walker looks in dark bluish grey.

Don't care much for the minifigure selection beyond Rey, though.

That seems to be a common theme with this wave; mini-figs are really not the highlight, except for that resistance bomber, I think the mini-figs are great in this one. 

The builds all looks good, except that color scheme on the resistance bomber ( I really hate the blue and light bley with the red accents combo on this, same for the last x-wing for that matter ). 

Did anyone notice the Tie Bombers in the background of the Heavy Scout Walker's box art?

Also, interesting the the the FO officer that comes with the Star Destroyer comes in the gun-metal colour rather then the usual bluish-grey. He also has additional red printing on his hat.

36 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

That seems to be a common theme with this wave; mini-figs are really not the highlight, except for that resistance bomber, I think the mini-figs are great in this one. 

The builds all looks good, except that color scheme on the resistance bomber ( I really hate the blue and light bley with the red accents combo on this, same for the last x-wing for that matter ). 

I'm not really interested in many of the minifigures from this wave.  I'd like Rey, Rose, Snoke, and Kylo Ren.  Mostly Rey and Ren, to be honest.

like the Heavy Assault Walker and Kylo's Tie Fighter, the other sets are pretty ugly or overpriced for me

The minifigs are fine, perhaps a bit more 'wow' could have beed added with some more printimg here and there, but fine overall.

As for the sets, they all seem really well designed. We might have an issue with the source material but I think LEGO has put in a lot of effort. Check those recent Marvel sets to get an idea of what sets designed by LEGO's B team look like. Dear me. 

The interior of the Star Destroyer looks fantastic up close. It makes the Imperial version look so barren by comparison. I especially love the control area in the back which is very reminiscent of ESB. The bridge looks much more detailed as well and I love the little touches like the conference table, blast doors and stairs leading to the bridge.

Above I said I was mostly interested in Rey, Rose, Snoke, and Ren.  Still true, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting some of the others.

I like Finn, Hux, the First Order Gunner, Vice Admiral Holdo (I honestly just want the hair), Poe from the Walker set, the First Order Officer, and the First Order Shuttle Pilot.

BB-8 and BB-9E are also great, and I do want them.

It should be pointed out that I mostly build in Castle, so I look for minifigures that could be useful to me in that theme.  Characters in simple black or grey outfits will always be welcome to me.

Of course, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so some of these characters are just very desirable already.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

The interior of the Star Destroyer looks fantastic up close. It makes the Imperial version look so barren by comparison. I especially love the control area in the back which is very reminiscent of ESB. The bridge looks much more detailed as well and I love the little touches like the conference table, blast doors and stairs leading to the bridge.

Conference table? Where is that?

36 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I like the First Order Gunner

You want my gunners? They're by far the ugliest figures I own and they could use someone who appreciates them. 

49 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

You want my gunners? They're by far the ugliest figures I own and they could use someone who appreciates them. 

Well, I'd swap their heads for yellow ones and give them these helmets in black:

3844.png

They look much better that way, and it gives an otherwise ugly and useless minifigure a new life in my Castle kingdom.

It's the TIE Pilots and Rebels that end up collecting dust for me.

The FO shuttle pilot seems to be just a regular first order fleet engineer with his helmet flipped up. A bit like how the Scout Troopers helmets work. All the details seem to fit.