Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

some people will NEVER be happy. others will ALWAYS be happy. humans.

In the words of Goldmember from Austin Powers, "there is just no pleasing you" 

I like the Snoke figure, it captures the character well, he clearly has a good taste in clothes. 

Just now, Tariq j said:

In the words of Goldmember from Austin Powers, "there is just no pleasing you" 

I like the Snoke figure, it captures the character well, he clearly has a good taste in clothes. 

same.

So after seeing HD pics I'm still thinking Tie Silencer is the best set of this wave, and that Hux set is the worst! I also find it weird that lego didn't include Pretorian guards in Star destroyer set. Oh well at least that SD can fit a lot of Officers and crew members I had lying around since TFA 1st wave, since no FO vehicle could fit them!

Overall the sets look even better! I'm still not super impressed by the design of the pod but that's not really LEGO's fault. I am impressed that they managed to squeeze a few play features into it. I'm happy to see more of the Silencer, I really love the design, definitely getting that one. I'm still intrigued by the Heavy Scout Walker but I have to see it in action before I decide on it.

So, we have some HD pictures now. Firstly, that Resistance Speeder is awful. Not on LEGO's part, it seems like a decent build, but the idea of it is just stupid. It looks like parts of a starfighter just cobbled together, and it looks ugly, and not in a good way. Figs are good though. The FO Heavy Scout Walker is... I don't know how to describe it. I want to like it, but its legs bamboozle me. I don't have a clue what they're meant to be or how they even move. Again though, love those figures. Kylo's TIE however really is the party piece of this wave, I think. I love its sleek black design, it looks very menacing with that red cockpit, and I really like the cockpit hatch piece, too. Love the resemblance it has to a TIE Interceptor, too. Best of all, those spring-loaded shooters work well. With the red mixed in with the black in the colour scheme for the Silencer, the red tips of the missiles work well in adding to the look of the fighter. Definitely LEGO's strongest set of the wave.

That contrasts however though with the Resistance Bomber. I don't like it. It looks like a mix between the middle and cockpits of a B-Wing attached to a bulkier, modified Lambda Shuttle fin. I dunno it looks weird to me, that one probably isn't on LEGO, either. However, they've done well with its integrated features, specifically its bomb drop feature. LEGO is really beginning to continually impress me with how they integrate more complex play features these days. The First Order Heavy Assault Walker is growing on me. I like it's bulky, gorilla like stature and build, and the fact it has a cannon on its top intrigues me. I wonder if that is actually on the Walker, or if that's something LEGO decided to add, like with the rotating cannons on the TFA FO Snowspeeder. Looks like there's some sort of bomb drop feature on the Walker too on the back of it. It's a shame this is the only set with Rey, she's a really great fig.

One set that has surprised me with these new HD images though is the First Order Star Destroyer. I love it. Much more than I did at first, I must add. From the original prelims, I thought the interior looked really bland and lacking in detail. I thought they'd done what they did with Krennic's Shuttle. Made the exterior look great but the interior quite haphazard and lacking in detail. I'm glad to see I have been proven wrong. I like that area to the right of Snoke's platform with the computer area, it even has a nice kind of blast door looking area as a way in and out. To the left of Snoke's platform there's that neat elevator feature, but I'm more interested in that medical droid there... I wonder if that has any significance, or perhaps that area is just meant to be a medical bay or something. Admittedly I'm not really sure what Snoke's platform is meant to be for, but it's neat. Also really like the bridge of the Destroyer, too. I like how they've added a nice touch of red in there, and included those cool worksapce areas to each side of the bridge. The exterior of the SD is great, no complaints there. Figure selection is quite meh, to be brutally honest, but Snoke, after seeing his new look in Episode VIII, is a very pleasing figure and a must get for me. As a final note, I like how they included that technic area that allows you to safely pick-up the Star Destroyer with the handle. nice work LEGO.

Overall, I'll probably be getting the TIE Silencer and the FO Star Destroyer out of this wave, and that's about it. It's not one of LEGO's best waves, with key figures like Luke, Phasma, Leia and Chewie missing, and some of the vehicles, though its not LEGO's fault, are pretty bad and easy passes for me.

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

So, we have some HD pictures now.... <etc>

I realize this is a set discussion thread, but did we really need a full essay on your options? I feel like it's just cluttering the thread with opinions no one asked for. It's fine when people limit it to a few sentences or a paragraph at most, but this is four paragraphs! Sorry if this is off topic or "mini-modding", but I just wanted to point this out.

EDIT: This isn't even a set discussion thread! It's a pictures and rumors thread!

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

What is weirding me out is the grand total of ZERO ALIENS in this wave. What is this, Star Wars or Starbucks?

9 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

What is weirding me out is the grand total of ZERO ALIENS in this wave. What is this, Star Wars or Starbucks?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  So much to comment on here...but I will refrain.

Tie Silencer and First Order Star Destroyer are my favourites. The interior on the Star Destroyer looks great. The Heavy Assault Walker also looks interesting but for some reason there are less images than for other sets.

The FO scout walker is an abomination but that's more Disney's fault than Lego's I guess.

I like the box design on the FO SD and HAW with the images on the side of the sets too.

Favourite figures are new Kylo, FO Special Forces pilot and Snoke. Evil BB8 is also cute.

37 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

I realize this is a set discussion thread, but did we really need a full essay on your options? I feel like it's just cluttering the thread with opinions no one asked for. It's fine when people limit it to a few sentences or a paragraph at most, but this is four paragraphs! Sorry if this is off topic or "mini-modding", but I just wanted to point this out.

EDIT: This isn't even a set discussion thread! It's a pictures and rumors thread!

Yeah, thus the split for 2018; this is a discussion of the sets...and technically, he is creating discussion.  It's ok, you're allowed to voice your opinion though.

2 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Well technically we do get one as it has been confirmed that Snoke is not human, just very humanoid with lanky limbs, but I agree, we need more aliens as I tend to gravitate towards aliens and armored characters, particularly as minifigs.

8 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

I dunno, really wanted to leave my full thoughts for once, usually I leave it at a sentence or two. Could've read past it if you didn't want to read what I had to say *shrugs*

From what I can see it looks like an area simply where you can store minifigs and weaponry, but annoyingly, this is the only set where we don't have additional close up images, so it's difficult to tell simply from the back-of-box image.

Okay, so some sites are reporting on the 2017 SW Calendar (75184) being available from Aros in the UK... turns out that Argos have it listed, but as 'coming soon'.  I spoke to an employee this morning who confirmed that no stores would have it in stock before August 28th! meaning that it will be 'coming soon' for over a month.  What really gets me is that this item is currently part of their 3 for 2 offer, which the employee also confirmed would be long gone by the time they are actually available.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think practices such as this are ridiculous?

Honestly Heavy Scout Walker is the worst set in TLJ wave! It look so bad and there's no exclusive minifigures! I mean it's nice that lego gives us another Hux, but why didn't they give him combat vest that he was wearing in one of the promo pics? That would have made this set much more desirable!

Edited by benderisgreat

1 hour ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Can anyone work out what's at the back of the assault walker? It opens but can't tell what's there. 

My guess is the back has bombs you can drop, some minifig storage and the rest is articulation and shootie dootie features

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Honestly Heavy Scout Walker is the worst set in TLJ wave! It look so bad and there's no exclusive minifigures! I mean it's nice that lego gives us another Hux, but why didn't they give him combat vest that he was wearing in one of the promo pics? That would have made this set much more desirable!

I dont mind it, i need hux, and i love star wars walkers, i am worried about canadian price though....

The First Order Star Destroyer is kinda small I compared it to 6211.
The Resistance bomber seems really interesting to me.
The Heavy Assault Walker .... I still dont know, maybe some video review will help

I pretty much have the same opinion as you @Deathstroke77.  That Tie is my favorite of the bunch and once I saw the interior of the Destroyer I wanted it too.  That Heavy Scout Walker is weird, I'll have to wait for the movie before getting that thing.  I'll get the little transport if it is priced ok, just for the Rose fig.  I like the guns on the Resistance Bomber, but I don't like the look of the ship that much.  And for as how big it is, I don't want something I don't love the look of taking up space.  Now once the movie comes out, if it does something awesome, then I'll get it.  The BB-8 I'll definitely get as well.

Edited by aukevin