Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

9 hours ago, Brickdad said:

What's wrong with the old Gunship. Picked one up for £60 including all minifigs. Great build, playability and cracking Padme minifig.

Good deal, i got mine for $20 back in 2014

75021 is one of my absolute favorite sets of all time, if you can find one for a good price absolutely go for it. I don't see Lego returning to AotC or Clone Wars anytime soon. :cry_sad:

10 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

I'd be over the moon to find a gunship for £60... or even £160!

Trust me, I was! Was actually selling for £70 but was cheeky enough to offer £60 as the seller was a 90 minute drive away! Set is mint, even included free poster and spares! Things like this only happen once in a blue moon.

9 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

75021 is one of my absolute favorite sets of all time, if you can find one for a good price absolutely go for it. I don't see Lego returning to AotC or Clone Wars anytime soon. :cry_sad:

We just got both a Clone Wars set (Yoda's Jedi Starfighter) and AotC set (Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring) this year though.

14 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

I'm sure we will get at least one set from each next year. Recently Lego has released at least one set from each sub theme (Episode 1-7 and both Rebels and The Clone Wars) in between movie releases, I'm sure that will continue.

10 minutes ago, Goonmo said:

I'm sure we will get at least one set from each next year. Recently Lego has released at least one set from each sub theme (Episode 1-7 and both Rebels and The Clone Wars) in between movie releases, I'm sure that will continue.

This is true, though there may not be much room with TLJ and Han Solo sets coming in quick succession. 

So, based on the latest non-watermarked photos, BB-8 includes a little hatch with a retractable blue flame on one side. Nice to see that sort of added touch. Additionally, turning a panel on his side causes his "head" to rotate.

Am I allowed to post non-watermarked photos?

Edited by Azani

16 minutes ago, Azani said:

So, based on the latest non-watermarked photos, BB-8 includes a little hatch with a retractable blue flame on one side. Nice to see that sort of added touch. Additionally, turning a panel on his side causes his "head" to rotate.

Am I allowed to post non-watermarked photos?

Where have you seen these? Can't find anything new in the usual places!

I have been doing some serious URL guessing -  as far as I know, no one has these yet. I will post if allowed.

I've posted all of the images over on /r/LEGOLeaks as well as various LEGO/Star Wars-related subreddits. Quite a large leak so far in advance!

I still hold my opinions on all of the sets; Kylo's TIE and the Resistance Bomber are most certainly the strongest of the wave. However, I now want the FO Star Destroyer way more than I thought I would! That interior is incredible!

On 5/7/2017 at 11:23 AM, PrisonBrick said:

On 5/7/2017 at 1:33 PM, Sir von Lego said:

Puh, how often do I have to repeat this: it is UCS and it is 75187 and it is BB-8 and it is 99.99 EUR...

I've just seen official images of 75187, it is not UCS marked as I thought...

Think I'll have to pick up BB8 after seeing those better pics. The other sets look good, but I won't be getting them. Saving my money for the big one!

5 hours ago, All in the Reflexes said:

That BB8 is pretty epic, some nice features. It annoyed me when Anio laughed at it, its better than his :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Quite a good surprise indeed.

The round shapes are still a bit disappointing, and the huge black support is ridiculous.

I'm quite surprised that BB-8 won't be a UCS set; it's certainly more worthy than Insult on Hoth! 

It's definitely on my shopping list, but I might wait a bit as it should eventually be available at a decent discount.

And, that does mean that the second 2017 UCS 'slot' has yet to be filled, which increases the prospect of a new Falcon a little bit..... :classic:

The advantage of a set not being labeled UCS is wider distribution. Big-box retailers (in the US, at least) such as Target, ToysRUs, Walmart, etc. don’t stock UCS sets in most stores given that their high price point typically can’t be discounted. BB-8 proved to be a surprisingly popular character and no doubt LEGO realizes that they can sell a lot more of it if it's actually on store shelves.

New behind the scenes photos from TLJ are doing the rounds. Looking at the image of Smoke, I think its fair to say that Lego have done a pretty good job replicating him in minifigures form. 

Collage 2017-07-27 20_01_13

It's indeed quite accurate.

Man, whatever happened to Snoke, he's one messed up individual.

1 hour ago, Lobot said:

I'm quite surprised that BB-8 won't be a UCS set; it's certainly more worthy than Insult on Hoth! 

It's definitely on my shopping list, but I might wait a bit as it should eventually be available at a decent discount.

And, that does mean that the second 2017 UCS 'slot' has yet to be filled, which increases the prospect of a new Falcon a little bit..... :classic:

But it IS a UCS set, just without label...

56 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

New behind the scenes photos from TLJ are doing the rounds. Looking at the image of Smoke, I think its fair to say that Lego have done a pretty good job replicating him in minifigures form. 

Not at all, besides the clothes, they have not managed to make his whole in his skin look like anything else than hair, he lacks pupils and still and the abnormality of his skull would have qualified for a mold or at least making a top like for Alfred in batman the movie...

It's still the worst depicted mini figure of the year...

Edited by Sneakguest