Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

4 hours ago, icm said:

Looking at 75156 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle on Brickset led me to the Bricklist "Sets designed by Hans Burkhard Schlomer." In the entry for 75182 Republic Fighter Tank, he writes this:

"Clones need a ride too! I did this set as a quick side-project while working on a much, much, much, much, much, much larger set which is going to be announced on September 1st 2017."

Since this fellow designed the UCS Slave 1 and was involved with Assault on Hoth, this might be a tease for the long-rumored new UCS Millennium Falcon.  Or it could be a Technic supercar or a Creator Expert building like Big Ben, I guess.  <Shrug.> We'll see.

He also says "Lucasfilm thought we should rather make the 'hero' 4-winged transport ship, but we convinced them to do Krennic's shuttle instead with a sketch model I made."

Could that hero "4-winged transport ship" be an allusion to the Cargo Shuttle?

AN1-CA-000583.jpg

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

He also says "Lucasfilm thought we should rather make the 'hero' 4-winged transport ship, but we convinced them to do Krennic's shuttle instead with a sketch model I made."

Seems to be what he's implying. Not really sure how sales would have been affected as the transport ship had more screen time and did give the audience a reason to connect with the design. Krennics shuttle just kinda flew by and landed for a few scenes save for the one time It pushed jyn away.

6 hours ago, icm said:

Looking at 75156 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle on Brickset led me to the Bricklist "Sets designed by Hans Burkhard Schlomer." In the entry for 75182 Republic Fighter Tank, he writes this:

"Clones need a ride too! I did this set as a quick side-project while working on a much, much, much, much, much, much larger set which is going to be announced on September 1st 2017."

Since this fellow designed the UCS Slave 1 and was involved with Assault on Hoth, this might be a tease for the long-rumored new UCS Millennium Falcon.  Or it could be a Technic supercar or a Creator Expert building like Big Ben, I guess.  <Shrug.> We'll see.

Hans is also the person being chased by a space slug while holding a MicroFighter Millennium Falcon in the video for the Creator Carousel and the rumoured announcment date is Force Friday II, which is the day that the first assortment of TLJ toys are getting released. So it makes sense.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Something_Big_This_Way_Comes_175340.asp

2 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Funny how everyone's getting hyper about the MF, I would much prefer getting my hands on a Sandcrawler. Price not good for me - too many people taking advantage of the fact it is retired.

The MF has been unavailable for YEARS. The Sandcrawler has only recently reached the EOL after being available for much longer than the MF ever was. I managed to get one with X3 Vip points or something like that, last year. 

3 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Seems to be what he's implying. Not really sure how sales would have been affected as the transport ship had more screen time and did give the audience a reason to connect with the design. Krennics shuttle just kinda flew by and landed for a few scenes save for the one time It pushed jyn away.

I think it was probably due to the parts allocated to the set. Try making a cargo shuttle at that scale with only 800 parts.

As for the "announcement" for September 1, I am very excited. Hopefully it is a Falcon, but if not, I have enjoyed all the other sets he has designed so it should be very good and of a high standard anyway.

20 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

*Snip*

Well, while Krennic's Shuttle is a nice set, I wish they made it instead. It had more presence in the movie and looked great too.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images

Since I don't read it on the first post:

Promobricks reports that the 75192 UCS Millenium Falcon will be revealed at Force Friday on the first of September. I shall cost 800 Euros and consist of more than seven thousand bricks. And maybe it will be sold from the beginning of October on.

I personally don't care. Firstly I dislike UCS sets. And secondly the price is utopian anyway.

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I personally don't care. Firstly I dislike UCS sets. And secondly the price is utopian anyway.

Exactly my point of view

1 hour ago, DEAD1974 said:

Exactly my point of view

Well, you don't need to buy in on full price. I've already seen the new DS out in auctions for around half the price. So if I get the new MF it will definitely not be now.

I love UCS but dislike the price. I got the Republic Gunship (was that a UCS?) For £60 which is much more my price range! Got lucky with that one. I have Slave 1 which I did buy new, because I wanted it sooo badly and new I woukd never get it at a low price. Next up for me would be the Sandcrawler but just cant justify the £300+ to buy new. Even 2nd hand is £200+.

18 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Funny how everyone's getting hyper about the MF, I would much prefer getting my hands on a Sandcrawler. Price not good for me - too many people taking advantage of the fact it is retired.

Still about in some stores.  I bought one in my local Toys R Us store not long ago, maybe a month ago.  Was 200 pounds which was nice, pretty sure they had at least one other also. 

44 minutes ago, chris592 said:

Still about in some stores.  I bought one in my local Toys R Us store not long ago, maybe a month ago.  Was 200 pounds which was nice, pretty sure they had at least one other also. 

UK or US?

Please can I remind everyone about our guidelines for quoting images (link); I've highlighted the key section below

'Images: Don't post images that are over 1,024 x 768 (or 768 x 1,024 for pictures with a portrait orientation) or are LEGO confidential. Images rarely need to be over 800 x 600, and any that are over 1MB (including GIFs) are not allowed unless there is admin approval. BMPs are never allowed. Avatar images should be 100 x 100 (and under 20k if hosted on EB), and may not be more than 400 x 400 (and 100k, even if hosted remotely). No animated GIFs are to be used as avatars. Before registering, please familiarize yourself with these tutorials to learn how to reduce your own images. Also, when quoting, don't quote images unless it is specifically needed. This just fills up posts with repeat images for no reason'

@Forresto & @benderisgreat - please note, thanks :classic:

The LEGO model looks excellent in comparison to the real thing, I think LEGO have done a splendid job in translating the fighter into LEGO. However, I can't help but feel the cockpit is a little bit off in shape. Just the shaping feels a bit off to me. Though, I'm not entirely sure that LEGO could do much better to be quite honest, with the parts they have available. They'd probably need a new piece to pull off that cockpit perfectly.

I am very glad though how accurate it is to the ship itself. Nice work LEGO.

1 hour ago, Ramses25 said:

Now we can compare the upcoming LEGO Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter to the movie model : the TIE Silencer !
https://youtu.be/tMTExpDs7WA?t=1m1s

Ramses25

Did a really good job, only nitpick is the mix of grey and black in the Lego sets, v the colouring in the official shots of the different parts of the ship

Though this likely more a limitation of the available colours (i.e. the grey is not quite dark enough)

7 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

Now we can compare the upcoming LEGO Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter to the movie model : the TIE Silencer !
https://youtu.be/tMTExpDs7WA?t=1m1s

Ramses25

To those who were complaining that Lego's version was going to be inaccurate like Kylo's Shuttle, this should come as a relief. Can't wait for this set! The only inaccuracy is in the cockpit, but that would've been hard to pull off without a new piece/print.

EDIT: Do we know the price of Kylo's TIE in USD?

Edited by Aethersprite

4 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

EDIT: Do we know the price of Kylo's TIE in USD?

We don't have a confirmed price, but the safest bet is $70 or $80. Probably closer to $80, though.

15 hours ago, Brickdad said:

UK or US?

UK, this was actually in Belfast area, well just outside.  But certainly my local Toys R Us had them, not sure if they still have one left.  Not sure if that helps you or not, but I hope it does as its a great set.  

@Klaus-Dieter@DEAD1974 Out of interest... What is it you don't like about UCS sets? Is it simply down to the price?

Taking price out of it there have been some excellent UCS sets such as the Ewok Village, Death Star, Slave 1, Red Five X-Wing, Snowspeeder and the Sandcrawler.

6 minutes ago, Robianco said:

@Klaus-Dieter@DEAD1974 Out of interest... What is it you don't like about UCS sets? Is it simply down to the price?

Taking price out of it there have been some excellent UCS sets such as the Ewok Village, Death Star, Slave 1, Red Five X-Wing, Snowspeeder and the Sandcrawler.

OK so to be more specific, LEGO (imao) is at first place a toy, so it need to have some play functions (again just my opinion) and yes I agree the sets like Death Star, Evok Village and Sandcrawler are UCS but they have play functions so they are not only for display. To be honest I will be more happy to see an UCS Cloud City from 7000 pieces with play functions.

2 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

OK so to be more specific, LEGO (imao) is at first place a toy, so it need to have some play functions (again just my opinion) and yes I agree the sets like Death Star, Evok Village and Sandcrawler are UCS but they have play functions so they are not only for display. To be honest I will be more happy to see an UCS Cloud City from 7000 pieces with play functions.

My bet it that the cloud city will come in 2020 when the ESB has 40 years anniversary as well