Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

44 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Hopefully there actually is a MF because I've been preemptively saving for months. It won't be cheap here in Australia.

If/when it comes, it won't be cheap anywhere mate :)

Looks like I missed the picture of the leaked sets, at lest the picture on the usual place is removed, can someone subtly point me to a direction where it's still available?

58 minutes ago, brobert said:

If/when it comes, it won't be cheap anywhere mate :)

Looks like I missed the picture of the leaked sets, at lest the picture on the usual place is removed, can someone subtly point me to a direction where it's still available?

Isn't that the truth. :P

As far as the latest leaks are concerned, the top post in the LegoLeaks subreddit leads to a broken link; however, if you scan the comments, you should come across a mirror fairly shortly.

2 minutes ago, Azani said:

As far as the latest leaks are concerned, the top post in the LegoLeaks subreddit leads to a broken link; however, if you scan the comments, you should come across a mirror fairly shortly.

Right, thanks, found them.

Well, I can see why people are disappointed, but I was not a fan of the first TFA wave either. It's not an outstanding wave, but it's not that bad, I'm really interested in BB-8, not as blocky as I've imagined.

The only outrageously uninspired set is that so called escape pod really, I mean taking one part of a ship, changing the canopy and selling it again is just low :laugh: And you really only get one new minifig with it. What the eff...

30 minutes ago, Azani said:

There are always mirrors in the post and megathreads exist for every theme, every wave, that compile and organise all the sets with links to the best quality pictures available

I love the look of BB-8, it will go perfectly with UCS R2D2. If only I had the UCS R2!!!!!!! Anyway, it will still look cool on its own. 

Bb8 seems to be love it or hate it, and I personally love it. I thought they did a pretty good job at making a UCS bb-8 with the size limit they had, bomber and kylo's tie look pretty nice too. First order SD is something I would really like to see a UCS of one of these days. First order walkers kinda suck though, but maybe I'll grow to like them just like I did with the first order lander 

The sets look amazing! Kylo Ren's TIE is a must have for me; even if I'm disappointed the dude doesn't have is mask (movie gripe, not Lego themselves).

One of the things that's baffled me is the 'Destroyer' set. Has no one speculated around the fact that an Emperor Palpatine hologram is included with Snoke in this set? I mean...major plot leak there, surely?
What's move baffling is the fact that on every picture I've seen they've blurred out the hologram completely and regardless of how hard you look, it's the exact same hologram that was used for Palpatine in the Star Destroyer  a few years ago.

But that's obviously plot speculation. I love the Red bridge colouring in the 'destroyer', looks fantastic.

Just now, LegoAndDisney said:

The sets look amazing! Kylo Ren's TIE is a must have for me; even if I'm disappointed the dude doesn't have is mask (movie gripe, not Lego themselves).

One of the things that's baffled me is the 'Destroyer' set. Has no one speculated around the fact that an Emperor Palpatine hologram is included with Snoke in this set? I mean...major plot leak there, surely?
What's move baffling is the fact that on every picture I've seen they've blurred out the hologram completely and regardless of how hard you look, it's the exact same hologram that was used for Palpatine in the Star Destroyer  a few years ago.

But that's obviously plot speculation. I love the Red bridge colouring in the 'destroyer', looks fantastic.

It's not Palpatine hologram it's just a hologram piece of hoded figure. It's probably Kylo's hologram.

2 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I asked the question a few pages back if anyone could confirm if it was Kylo in the hologram. No response. Kylo would seem most likely. 

6 hours ago, Markalus said:

I asked the question a few pages back if anyone could confirm if it was Kylo in the hologram. No response. Kylo would seem most likely. 

Kylo has proper robes now and last movie had a hood so chances are its simply a hooded Kylo. No need for TLG to make a new mold.

Set 75117 first order heavy scout walker includes 4 minifigures; a resistance trooper, a first order gunner, general hux and a first order flametrooper.

Also I heard a rumor from a Lego employee that the UCS Falcon will be about $900

3 hours ago, thecrea1or said:

Set 75117 first order heavy scout walker includes 4 minifigures; a resistance trooper, a first order gunner, general hux and a first order flametrooper.

4 hours ago, thecrea1or said:

The UCS BB-8 set comes with a BB-8 minifigure

We know. The pictures for the sets leaked a few days ago, and we knew about the figure selection before that. Also, the set number for the Scout Walker is 75177, not 75117.

12 hours ago, thecrea1or said:

Also I heard a rumor from a Lego employee that the UCS Falcon will be about $900

Oh boy, here we go again...'member the times when the UCS Falcon was rumored to be about 500$? With each rumor we're going higher and higher, I hope everyone has a kidney to sell guys, by the time it comes out whenever, it'll cost more than building an actual spaceship :laugh:

Looking at 75156 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle on Brickset led me to the Bricklist "Sets designed by Hans Burkhard Schlomer." In the entry for 75182 Republic Fighter Tank, he writes this:

"Clones need a ride too! I did this set as a quick side-project while working on a much, much, much, much, much, much larger set which is going to be announced on September 1st 2017."

Since this fellow designed the UCS Slave 1 and was involved with Assault on Hoth, this might be a tease for the long-rumored new UCS Millennium Falcon.  Or it could be a Technic supercar or a Creator Expert building like Big Ben, I guess.  <Shrug.> We'll see.

11 minutes ago, icm said:

Looking at 75156 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle on Brickset led me to the Bricklist "Sets designed by Hans Burkhard Schlomer." In the entry for 75182 Republic Fighter Tank, he writes this:

"Clones need a ride too! I did this set as a quick side-project while working on a much, much, much, much, much, much larger set which is going to be announced on September 1st 2017."

That's a nice tidbit.  If he designs it like the Slave I was designed, there's going to be a lot of happy people.  If it's designed in the spirit of Hoth...

3 hours ago, icm said:

Since this fellow designed the UCS Slave 1 and was involved with Assault on Hoth, this might be a tease for the long-rumored new UCS Millennium Falcon.  Or it could be a Technic supercar or a Creator Expert building like Big Ben, I guess.  <Shrug.> We'll see.

Lets just hope that there will be a Lego UCS Millennium Falcon. This definitely confirms that some big Lego Set is going to be announced in September and since this guy has designed the Slave I, I would find no problem of the long awaited rumor to be true.

3 hours ago, icm said:

Great find, thanks!  If it's anywhere near the quality of the UCS Slave 1 it will be well worth the wait :wub:

Link to the relevant Brickset page if anyone's interested: (here)

That is so interesting... he did a lot of my favorite recent sets, which raises my hopes even further for the UCS Falcon, assuming that's what he's alluding to. And for those knocking his involvement on the Assault on Hoth UCS set, it sounds like his hands were pretty tied. Fascinating that we almost got the cargo shuttle instead of Krennick's shuttle last year... I guess there's still hope for an official set down the line. I'm a bit surprised he's able to comment so freely on the inner workings of the LEGO design process... 

Funny how everyone's getting hyper about the MF, I would much prefer getting my hands on a Sandcrawler. Price not good for me - too many people taking advantage of the fact it is retired.