Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

15 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Don't bother name calling. Some of us genuinely want to browse a thread without heaps of repetition and wishlists, it's not an unpopular opinion and someone has to say something. There was a genuine list created a page ago and every comment after that went on full wishlist mode. Many users will now come confused wondering whether genuine information is real or not. Ill be happy to stop contributing if that's what you wish but someone has to stop all this misinformation.

It's not like I want to do this, an AFOL community should act like Adults but clearly that's not the case with all this drama (remember what happened a few days ago over SvL?)

You could always use the report button if you think something is getting out of hand. 

For or the most part I really like this line up. I never thought for a second that Snoke and an Unmasked Kylo would be given so quickly. I kind of agree with some of the comments about repeats, it is a little tiring to get more technicians and Officers given how prominent they were in the first few waves of TFA sets. I don't mind the Stormtroopers since those are the characters that people will most want to army build. 

That's pretty meh, to be honest. Kylo is only in one set, Rey is only in one set, and so is Snoke. All the figures I want to get my hands only appear to be in the big, expensive sets. Also, ummm... Luke? Phasma? Leia? Chewie? This sucks so bad. I hope that the 2nd wave won't be so disappointing on the minifigure front, lots of key characters seem to be missing from the line-up here. At least with TFA's first wave all the major characters in that movie made it into a set in the first wave. The sheet there makes me feel like there's some D2C set that hasn't got its figures listed on there. The first wave seems very incomplete on the minifigure front, especially with the lack of figures for Luke and Phasma. Luke is probably the figure people want most out of any TLJ sets right now, I don't see why they wouldn't include him. Also, if they're making Phasma a bigger character in TLJ, why is she missing from all the sets? Also... c'mon, why no Leia? This is going to be Carrie's final outing as Leia due to her unfortunately passing last year, I would've thought they'd give her a figure.

Very disappointing.

3 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

You could always use the report button if you think something is getting out of hand. 

For or the most part I really like this line up. I never thought for a second that Snoke and an Unmasked Kylo would be given so quickly. I kind of agree with some of the comments about repeats, it is a little tiring to get more technicians and Officers given how prominent they were in the first few waves of TFA sets. I don't mind the Stormtroopers since those are the characters that people will most want to army build. 

You do have a point but I'd rather not tattle tail on anyone. Im not on the mods side not am on the users, both sides are very extreme in their own ways. I just want my lego info!

I do agree with you, the minute I saw that FO crew member I flinched. I really dislike those figures, they're so ugly and plain. I am excited for the amount of pilots we get though!

16 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Also... c'mon, why no Leia? This is going to be Carrie's final outing as Leia due to her unfortunately passing last year, I would've thought they'd give her a figure.

Very disappointing.

Carrie Fisher died but 6 months ago. This wave was probably locked by the design team in mid 2016 or so. Plus, I think we'll be getting more Leia Lego for years to come: she's in Rebels, she'll be in Battlefront, Leia is not "going" anywhere... it's Ms. Fisher that's gone away. :cry_sad:

With the Rogue One wave, there was some awesome in that the rebel fighters that initially appeared to be no-names were actually real characters, at least as the reference point of the illustrated visual guide. They had names: Lt. Sefla, Corporal Rostok, Sgt. Melshi, Pvt Calfor, etc (there were two others, I don't have my book with me). It was kind of great to have these nameless troopers from the Rogue One kits you bought suddenly have backstories and actual characters. It made buying the whole wave that much more worth it. Our own Richpepperell was the one who first discovered it and took the time to photograph all the rebels with their profiles in this thread: 

It doesn't appear as though this is happening with this first TLG wave? I've been trying to figure out if those 3 resistance pilots are anyone we know. I figured for sure they'd give us fan-favorite Jessika Pava and cash in on that hype but the female pilot seems random. The blue helmet with the swishy design on the right (of the 3 pilots) is not Jessika Pava's. Hers has a red resistance logo to one side.

Waitaminute. The middle resistance pilot is a woman, too? I think she has the styled female lips. Her helmet seems fit Jessika Pava's design but it's very pale instead of red. Poe Dameron's angels or something.

What is with the pilot on the left, with the gold color helmet? Does anyone think he has an abundance of character for a background pilot? He is beaming a huge smile and holding that blaster upward in a very cocky pose. Maybe some of these no name dudes do have names... and we won't know until we buy The Last Jedi - The Ultimate Visual Guide. On sale Force Friday

Does anyone else think it's weird to have BB-9E in two sets? I initially assumed it's just a background character like the Imperial Astromechs in the OT were but apparently that's not the case :wacko: Maybe he's BB-8's evil counterpart in the plot after all and we'll get to see a BB duel at one point? I'd pay good money to see that :laugh_hard:

Well, they all look a touch underwhelming, but in truth I've never been that captivated by minifigures.  Personally I think TLG peaked when they swapped to light-pink heads; but I did grow up when classic spacemen were cutting edge!!  Perhaps they'll be of more interest once the official images emerge, until then I'm just looking forward to a half-decent Yoda's hut, which will do nicely :classic:

In hindsight the Luke dismay isn't actually a big deal at all. If the make-or-break deal for getting a $70-80(?) set is essentially 4 pieces and a cloth cape, then maybe that set isn't worth it to begin with. If the build for Kylo's TIE is really good and solid, much like the quality of the first First Order TIE, then it would be worth it with or without Luke; after all the majority of your money is being spent on the pieces for the build, not the figures. Same goes for this supposed First Order Scout Walker, if the build is incredible like the recent AT-ST then I don't mind the lacklustre figures because the vehicle will suffice.

Edited by Mymaker123

Just had a proper look at the rumoured sets list, and the only set that grabs me is Yodas Hut. The rest seem a bit meh. 

2 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

Same goes for this supposed First Order Scout Walker, if the build is incredible like the recent AT-ST then I don't mind the lacklustre figures because the vehicle will suffice.

I'm with you MyMaker123, I like minifigs obviously but for me the set is what is most important. I would never pay top dollar for the sake of one figure. The recent bounty hunter BP was the only set I have ever bought for minifigs but that was exceptional value for money. I know there are plenty minifig collector's on here but I have never been able to understand it.

14 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Has anyone noticed that the first page has been updated with some new TLJ set names (Resistance Transport Pod and First Order Heavy Scout Walker)? Can anyone confirm if they're accurate?

Well...since I got the info from one of my sources inside a specific company, I would say they're pretty accurate.  But hey, believe what you want; totally understand.

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Well...since I got the info from one of my sources inside a specific company, I would say they're pretty accurate.  But hey, believe what you want; totally understand.

I believe you, but I was just being cautious, since the info on the first page has been incorrect before.

Stash2sixx = Again, totally understand.  With the way things have been going, I get it!!!

Edited by Stash2Sixx
Responded in post.

Just throwing this out there... everyone seems to be focused on the obscured top row of figures, but is there a chance there could be another row of figures BELOW the bottom row featuring Snoke et al?

Just now, Richpepperell said:

Just throwing this out there... everyone seems to be focused on the obscured top row of figures, but is there a chance there could be another row of figures BELOW the bottom row featuring Snoke et al?

Yeah, that is possible. I guess we'll see soon.

Just now, Richpepperell said:

Yeah, that is possible. I guess we'll see soon.

Figures we miss from that minifig lineup are Finn, Rose, BB-8 and Admiral Holdo. All the figuees have to be included. 

Third figure from left must be BB-8, because 75187 is UCS BB-8 and he has 1x1 stand piece, not 2 1x1 pieces for legs.

Finn has got black legs. Rose has got beige legs. Fourth legs from left are dark grey legs. Admiral Holdo has dark grey legs. But set number says 75176. But she is in 75188. So this figure must be Captain Phasma, Guard or someone from 75176.

So other two figures in that row are Finn and Rose.

But that leaves us with question: where is Admiral Holdo?

So there must be fifth row.

Maybe with Admiral Holdo, Luke and Leia or Chewbacca or R2-D2 or C3PO.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Figures we miss from that minifig lineup are Finn, Rose, BB-8 and Admiral Holdo. All the figuees have to be included. 

Third figure from left must be BB-8, because 75187 is UCS BB-8 and he has 1x1 stand piece, not 2 1x1 pieces for legs.

Finn has got black legs. Rose has got beige legs. Fourth legs from left are dark grey legs. Admiral Holdo has dark grey legs. But set number says 75176. But she is in 75188. So this figure must be Captain Phasma, Guard or someone from 75176.

So other two figures in that row are Finn and Rose.

But that leaves us with question: where is Admiral Holdo?

So there must be fifth row.

Maybe with Admiral Holdo, Luke and Leia or Chewbacca or R2-D2 or C3PO.

I believe Finn's legs are either dark gray, or a dark pearl color (not sure what the official name of the color is). That's what I gathered from the leaked image anyway.

Like others, very disappointed with the lack of Luke. No doubt Wave 2 will include a Battle/Training on Ahch-To set

Also very surprised re the lack of Crait Skimmer, again an almost certainty for Wave 2

Without seeing the pictures for all sets, I will get

• 75179- Kylo Rens TIE Fighter
  • 75189- First Order Heavy Assault Walker
  • 75190- First Order Star Destroyer - a must buy for me

10 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

Kind of afraid to ask this but where is the minifig picture everyone is talking about.

reddit. 

Finn has dark bluish grey legs, or pearl dark grey legs, it's hard to tell from the leaked physical figure, but they're not black. So Finn's on the top row, on the right. BB-8 is next to him. Next to him is Rose. They all appear in 75176. BB-8 also appears in 75187 UCS BB-8.

Also, look at the order in which duplicate figures are displayed. They appear in the line-up of the lowest set number first, so they don't have to be included in the line-ups of the higher numbered sets. For instance, BB-9E appears in both 75179 Kylo's TIE and 75190 FO Star Destroyer. He's pictured with figures from 75179, but not in the line-up of 75190. It says that he appears in both of those sets. It works the same for the FO Stormtrooper, who appears in three sets, but is only pictured with 75179.

Since Holdo isn't pictured with 75188 Resistance Bomber, even though we know she'll be in it, she'll probably also appear in the smallest set, 75176 (even though it doesn't make much sense, as do most duplicates in this wave), along with Finn, Rose and BB-8. I believe she is pictured in the top left. We just can't see her. There'll probably be something like '75176, 75188' underneath her figure.

Edited by JekPorkchops

The lack of Luke and the other version of Rey shouldn't come as much of a surprise given it was confirmed a while ago that this wave wouldn't include any location-based sets thus ruling out an Ahch-To set. For all we know, Luke might not even get off the planet :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The lack of Luke and the other version of Rey shouldn't come as much of a surprise given it was confirmed a while ago that this wave wouldn't include any location-based sets thus ruling out an Ahch-To set. For all we know, Luke might not even get off the planet :tongue:

We have seen with other Star Wars Lego sets characters appearing in sets they don't necessarily have a relationship with, i.e. to spread the mini-figs around and make some sets more attractive, there was "hope" that this would be the case for Luke

6 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

Finn has dark bluish grey legs, or pearl dark grey legs, it's hard to tell from the leaked physical figure, but they're not black. So Finn's on the top row, on the right. BB-8 is next to him. Next to him is Rose. They all appear in 75176. BB-8 also appears in 75187 UCS BB-8.

Also, look at the order in which duplicate figures are displayed. They appear in the line-up of the lowest set number first, so they don't have to be included in the line-ups of the higher numbered sets. For instance, BB-9E appears in both 75179 Kylo's TIE and 75190 FO Star Destroyer. He's pictured with figures from 75179, but not in the line-up of 75190. It says that he appears in both of those sets. It works the same for the FO Stormtrooper, who appears in three sets, but is only pictured with 75179.

Since Holdo isn't pictured with 75188 Resistance Bomber, even though we know she'll be in it, she'll probably also appear in the smallest set, 75176 (even though it doesn't make much sense, as do most duplicates in this wave), along with Finn, Rose and BB-8. I believe she is pictured in the top left. We just can't see her. There'll probably be something like '75176, 75188' underneath her figure.

and that is the most logical post yet.

Just now, AussieSamurai said:

We have seen with other Star Wars Lego sets characters appearing in sets they don't necessarily have a relationship with, i.e. to spread the mini-figs around and make some sets more attractive, there was "hope" that this would be the case for Luke

Sure, but that would rob a potential Ahch-To set of its main selling point. If spoilers are to be believed, such a set could give us other goodies

Porgs and Knights of Ren anyone?

but that wouldn't be as appealing as Luke and Rey :wink:

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

Escape pod and the walker are correct. Escape pod is white and it seems to be that "cockpit" from one of the first images. The walker is kind of a tank on 6 or 8 legs...

Thanks for the info Sir Von Lego! It's always appreciated. The Scout Walker must be the "spider walker" CM4Sci mentioned on Reddit a while ago.