Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

29 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Honestly I really dislike idea of Jawa/tuskens BP since there's no need to army build either. Both minifigures came out in cheap sets recently, so why put the, in BP? 

I'm in agreement here. The sandcrawler, escape pod and advent calendar have given me enough jawas, and I've got 4 of the new tuskens which is probably enough. This pack is probably great for kids or those new to collecting, but I can't think many folk will be picking up multiples. 

Yoda's hutt??? :wub: that is beautiful and maybe only $30!!! Must buy for sure!

Hypothesis: the new mold for the Tusken Raiders was really expensive and they'd like to utilize the asset over as long as a period as possible. Therefore, they decided to put it in a BP; to make it a coherent theme, they made it Tatooine and threw in the Jawas and droid (also not the cheapest molds).

If that's accurate, potentially that gives us a clue about other BPs.

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Honestly I really dislike idea of Jawa/tuskens BP since there's no need to army build either. Both minifigures came out in cheap sets recently, so why put the, in BP? 

Some of us already had a landspeeder and an escape pod, so I'm happy to buy this battlpack as I don't have any jawas or sandpeople yet.

9 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

stash2sixx, wouldn't it be a good idea to start with the 2018 thread now? Feels like that's the only rumor circulating right now in this group

There's also the Han Solo movie set release date, and the SW Brick Headz and earlier news of the Boba Fett buildable figure. These last two popped up around three weeks ago.

2 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Some of us already had a landspeeder and an escape pod, so I'm happy to buy this battlpack as I don't have any jawas or sandpeople yet.

Me neither. Plus what's not to like about more jawas?

As I am steadily replacing my Imperial Assault figures with LEGO ones I can only say that those Tusken Raiders will be very useful :) And Jawas are cute enough themselves.

A set with Tusken Raiders and Jawas would be great, they'd go well especially if someone did a MOC of Mos Eisley spaceport! (Something I'd love to do but don't have the parts). 

I suppose i'd be more behind the Tatooine BP if as others have said it had two sand people with different robe printing. At least that way we can build up a clan if we so wished. 

5 hours ago, faire said:

As I am steadily replacing my Imperial Assault figures with LEGO ones I can only say that those Tusken Raiders will be very useful :) And Jawas are cute enough themselves.

Hah that's a fantastic idea and Lego figs are about the right size for Imperial Assault. What do you use for the figure base?

Are the jawas and tusken raiders confirmed in the tatooine bp? I thought it was only a name & set number that SVL provided.

Could it not just as easily be a Lars farm with vaporator, stormies and an arch doorway on a turntable with a couple of black skeletons one side and Owen and Beru on the other? Having half jokingly suggested that, would a tusken raider set be that bad? It could have the slight possibility of containing a bantha, brick built or less likely moulded, but still, I think that would be a great addition.

Is this now off topic though?

14 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I agree. If it also included a sand storm trooper and a mini bantha I could see the attraction 

2 hours ago, badgerboy said:

Are the jawas and tusken raiders confirmed in the tatooine bp? I thought it was only a name & set number that SVL provided.

Could it not just as easily be a Lars farm with vaporator, stormies and an arch doorway on a turntable with a couple of black skeletons one side and Owen and Beru on the other? Having half jokingly suggested that, would a tusken raider set be that bad? It could have the slight possibility of containing a bantha, brick built or less likely moulded, but still, I think that would be a great addition.

Is this now off topic though?

SvL confirmed the figs.

A Tatooine battlepack just would not be worth it. It has no potential as an army builder. A Lars homestead seems more suitable than a battlepack with Tusken Raiders and Jawas.

Well, some very specific battle packs would greatly benefit my budget as Instead of getting 6 or 7 of each on Jan 1st I can just get 1 of each. So this is a big plus to me as half my budget doesn't go to getting multiples of 1 or 2 sets!

Has anyone noticed that the first page has been updated with some new TLJ set names (Resistance Transport Pod and First Order Heavy Scout Walker)? Can anyone confirm if they're accurate?

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

7 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Has anyone noticed that the front page has been updated with some new TLJ set names (Resistance Transport Pod and First Order Heavy Scout Walker)? Can anyone confirm if they're accurate?

The Resistance Bomber, the First Order Star Destroyer, and the First Order Heavy Assault Walker are all confirmed since we have gotten pictures leaked. 

Just now, Rickyragharp said:

The Resistance Bomber, the First Order Star Destroyer, and the First Order Heavy Assault Walker are all confirmed since we have gotten pictures leaked. 

I realize that. I was asking specifically about the new names (the ones I mentioned). I was wondering if another reliable source could confirm them.

4 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

I realize that. I was asking specifically about the new names (the ones I mentioned). I was wondering if another reliable source could confirm them.

Given the source, they should more or.less be very accurate. I can see the female resistance fighter fitting in the scout walker and the escape pod having good guys only.

If the kylo TIE fighter figure leak is wrong (very highly likely) then it's possible those figures are spread out to other sets.

Week this sucks! Instruction manual page of TLJ set leaked minifigure list and you can't see Luke on it! Top row is cut off, so Luke still could appear in one of the sets, but for now it seems like he's not in Kylo Tie set! 

40 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Week this sucks! Instruction manual page of TLJ set leaked minifigure list and you can't see Luke on it! Top row is cut off, so Luke still could appear in one of the sets, but for now it seems like he's not in Kylo Tie set! 

Top three figures are finn, rose and holdo. Unless there's another row there's no chance of seeing luke this wave :/

Edited by SCREDEYE
I'm wrong, refer to my next comment

4 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Top three figures are finn, rose and holdo. Unless there's another row there's no chance of seeing luke this wave :/

I wouldn't be so sure about that. You can definitely see grey leg on the right that looks like Holdo leaked minifigure, but middle minifigure looks white, so another Stormtrooper? 

Edited by benderisgreat

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. You can definitely see grey leg on the right that looks like Holdo leaked minifigure, but middle minifigure looks white, so another Stormtrooper? 

I've figured it out. Holdo isn't any of the three, right goes finn, middle is bb8 (appears in 75187 as well as 75176) and the left is rose as she appears in 75176 only. 

Holdo is probably up on the top right where there is enough space to display one last figure so no chance of luke or phasma. Oh well let's just wait for the summer wave. Personally I'll have to see the cheaper sets but bb8 and the bomber are my go to sets with the walker being a maybe.

Edited by SCREDEYE