Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

10 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Yeah I agree, just because someone is trusted doesn't mean they should get special treatment. It's becomes very unfair and creates a lot more problems that people would like to admit. I think the problem is that the LEGO community likes to defend the few people who provide information but they don't realise that there are plenty other folk that also try to do so but get nothing in return, plus all this blind devotion gets to a few people so it's best to treat everyone the same.

But with that mentality, we will rarely (if ever!) get new information because this type of information usually comes from confidential sources which can't be shared.

Plus, trusted sources already get special treatment (as they should) - the moderator of this forum, Stash2Sixx, updates the first post with his new information near the end of the year. Does that mean with these new rules he will gets the special privilege to verify with himself? My point in bringing this up is because we TRUST Stash as a very reliable source, thus he doesn't NEED to verify his information.

That's why I think we should just take the word of trusted sources and ignore sources who are completely new users (until proven right consistently to the point where they earn their name) and ignore ones consistently proven wrong like Amazing Bricks. I have no idea why his information was put in the first page in the beginning of the year when he has been wrong many times before. :wacko:

Edited by just2good

7 minutes ago, just2good said:

But with that mentality, we will rarely (if ever!) get new information because this type of information usually comes from confidential sources which can't be shared.

Plus, trusted sources already get special treatment (as they should) - the moderator of this forum, Stash2Sixx, updates the first post with his new information near the end of the year. Does that mean with these new rules he will gets the special privilege to verify with himself? My point in bringing this up is because we TRUST Stash as a very reliable source, thus he doesn't NEED to verify his information.

That's why I think we should just take the word of trusted sources and ignore sources who are completely new users (until proven right consistently to the point where they earn their name) and ignore ones consistently proven wrong like Amazing Bricks. I have no idea why his information was put in the first page in the beginning of the year when he has been wrong many times before. :wacko:

Look, ill be honest, I'm quite tired of debating everything to death. There isn't a single page which doesn't have paragraphs of debates over small things. Ill address this however if you want to talk about this more we can do so via PM.

I believe anybody and everybody should be verifying sources to someone, in this case stash, as it's his thread and he would like to keep it up to quality. You bring up a good point with stash and even though he provides reliable information, he has been wrong a few times in this post alone (luke in a big TLJ set and yodas hut) but this just shows how no one is perfect and needs to go through checks. I have nothing against sir von Lego or anyone in the community as a matter of fact but we should be receiving information at face value or nothing at all. Sir von earlier today kept up some 2018 info for a while five minutes and then edited his comment to "reward" people that saw his comment, that is something I will never support and only creates more confusion and pointless discussion like this right here. If he has information he should just spell it out word for word and leave it for everyone to read or stop posting if someone's job is at risk.

Just now, Globemaster8 said:

@SCREDEYE agreed. Let's put an end to this bickering, there's no reason for it. 

Do you mean... *brickering* hyukhyukhyuk

If every rumor has to be vetted by the moderators, then what is the point of this thread anymore?

Either let people talk, and the truth will sort itself out, or don't bother.

Heavy-handedness such as the most recent comments are why those with actual legitimate information are leaving EB and posting elsewhere.

@Sir von Lego I'm grateful that you're here to provide info, but if possible can you sum up everything you have seen in one post for easy access? It's a little confusing digging through  several pages of posts to get the full picture. 

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

i think that the issue is that he drops these little hints and tidbits, and then the masses start turning the thread into page upon page of wild speculation and wishes.

instead of the little crumbs, just state everything up front, quit messing around, the way he is doing it, is like dangling a dollar over a kid's head and pulling it away just as their hand gets near to it ... it is annoying and childish in its own right.

BINGO!  I don't need personal confirmation...But this isn't your game zone.  Don't play games and post tidbits for early viewers...treat everyone the same.  You have something to say, say it.  If you don't know, then you don't know.  Look at how many wishlist posts are in the last few pages?  Seriously, if you cannot figure that out, then you don't belong here.  And arguing with mods, that shit ends now.  You have a beef, bring it up in a dignified manner.  Argue on the boards anymore, well you just might not be on the boards anymore!

No, I don't need to see proof, that may have been misquoted earlier, I just want you to make a post and stick to it.  A POST, not a few hints, it just causes a mess otherwise.  And my info...well if you don't know where I worked for years, sorry.  I still might get good info from some of those people.  And if the teeny tiny half inch pics by half inch pics they can pass me info on isn't enough proof for you, or sometimes they cannot make out a face, then I'm still fine with that.

Now, SVL, if you have something you would like to share with the group, please do.  Just don't tease or cause issues please.

We had a meaningful discussion about rumors of upcoming sets and users speculating what could be in those sets, based on the information we had. This is not randomly making a wishlist.

All this complaining about users alledgedly posting "wishlists" here and all bickering what is and what isn't allowed in this thread, which has been going on in the last couple of weeks, is in my opinion much, much worse than the actual occasional off-topic posts.

I think we're at a crossroads here. There either should be more discussion allowed and encouraged, and avoiding all the bickering what is allowed and what isn't in the thread, or we should strictly stick to the known facts. The latter would be boring, though - there's already a first post and there's not much discussing need there. People would probably just discuss rumors on other forums or reddit, then.

But maybe both is possible? A "2018 rumor & speculation" thread, that is a little bit less strict, and a "2018 announced & recently released sets thread", where people could discuss the official images & their own opinions on recently released sets without having to make a review.

On topic: Whoa I need to get the hut! Seems Lego finally listened to us :cry_sad:

Edited by Alexastor

8 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

75198 Tatoine Battle Pack

75199 General Grievous Combat Speeder

75533 Boba Fett

75534 Darth Vader

75208 Yodas Hut

What is darth Vader supposed to be? He was already a CCBS build. And what about grevious combat speeder? I don't remember anything besides his wheel bike and we already had a set of it recently

Just now, SCREDEYE said:

What is darth Vader supposed to be? He was already a CCBS build. And what about grevious combat speeder? I don't remember anything besides his wheel bike and we already had a set of it recently

Grievous had one in the Clone Wars animated series: Grievous-Speeder-Bike_94b51966.jpeg?regi

1 minute ago, Sir von Lego said:

Darth Vader is another constraction figure.

and the combat one is something I never saw before, dark blue and grey. --> it is the one Jedi-Bendu posted! Comes with Mace and Grievous.

How is this different from what was released. Thank you for the info sir von and @Jedi-Bendu for the pic, looks interesting!

14 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

75533 Boba Fett

75534 Darth Vader

75208 Yodas Hut

Yodas hut could be interesting. I hope they use a lego baby as body with a new (smaller) yodaheadpiece, and a backpack where he actually can fit in. That would be so neat, and a new impulse to buy that set (because who doesn't have a yoda yet), anyway, i hope this set is great enough to buy.

I don't get those constraction figures; are there really people that buy that stuff? Darth Vader and Boba are two big names of course, but still. Although I have to admit that i really like the looks of the Biker Scout and his bike

So, i'm looking forward to the tatooine battle pack and Yoda's hut. Seeing that those bp's are now used to give us bounty hunters and now tatooine aliens makes me very happy.

And wow, what's up with all the hostility against Sir von Lego? He is doing us a favour by giving information and y'all burn him. And even if it's only pieces of information, there are lots of leakers overhere (not only this thread) that like to give information just in bits and bits. Anyway, it feels like overreacting a bit too much. I, for one, am glad he just shares information.

Sir Von Lego those sets are for 2017 or 2018, pardon me for asking if it is mentioned somewhere before, but I did not seen it.

Thanks

Just now, Borex said:

Yodas hut could be interesting. I hope they use a lego baby as body with a new (smaller) yodaheadpiece, and a backpack where he actually can fit in. That would be so neat, and a new impulse to buy that set (because who doesn't have a yoda yet), anyway, i hope this set is great enough to buy.

I don't get those constraction figures; are there really people that buy that stuff? Darth Vader and Boba are two big names of course, but still. Although I have to admit that i really like the looks of the Biker Scout and his bike

So, i'm looking forward to the tatooine battle pack and Yoda's hut. Seeing that those bp's are now used to give us bounty hunters and now tatooine aliens makes me very happy.

And wow, what's up with all the hostility against Sir von Lego? He is doing us a favour by giving information and y'all burn him. And even if it's only pieces of information, there are lots of leakers overhere (not only this thread) that like to give information just in bits and bits. Anyway, it feels like overreacting a bit too much. I, for one, am glad he just shares information.

Indeed, SvL can't just spill all the beans or else he'd get in trouble.

I wonder whether Yoda's hut comes with Dagobah Luke.

23 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

75533 Boba Fett

75534 Darth Vader

75208 Yodas Hut

Fantastic. Thanks.

Just one question: which figures/creatures are (besides Yoda) in the Yoda's hut set? (minifigs and brickbuilt creatures)

Finally a Yoda's hut! It's also pretty nice that they keep releasing at least one small TCW set a year. 

It seems more and more battle packs are turning into character packs (or something similar) like the Bounty Hunter one, which is great!

I'm fine with a redesign of the buildable Vader. 2015's had a great torso build, but he was a little too big. His helmet looked fantastic but was too small and his arms had awful proportions because of the reuse of those long printed shells. Furthermore, his cape attachment looked horrible. I'd like them to design a slightly smaller, simpler and more pose-able Vader, being $25 instead of $30. His helmet would probably look good then and wouldn't need to be redesigned.

I'm excited for Boba, but who've heard that a while ago. Great info though.

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

75533 Boba Fett

75534 Darth Vader

75208 Yodas Hut

Cheers SVL

Looking forward to Yoda's Hut, trying to think how another Vader buildable figure will be different to the previous one

75533 Boba Fett

75534 Darth Vader

75208 Yodas Hut

Many thanks, Von. I think I speak for everyone, this is a much preferred way of leaking! :tongue:

*snip*

Thanks, @Sir von Lego that's really interesting indeed!  :classic:

I've been quietly hoping that we could get something from Dagobah or Cloud City, so the prospect of Yoda's hut is very exciting.  I'm not too bothered about the scale, but it should mean that we'll get a new Luke in fatigues; as much as I adore the 10123 version, it does look a little dated.....

Yoda's Hut? Finally! After last year's rumour of Yoda's Hut (which turned into Yoda's Starfighter), I hope this rumour will follow through. I'm guessing 75533 and 75534 are buildable figures, and the Tatooine Battle Pack could be interesting. It depends what they put in. Presumably some Tuskens and Jawas with a Bantha. The Grievous speeder sounds interesting, not entirely sure how that set will look.