Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Yes there was every minifig and every build at NYTF ;) Everything was shown from the calendar.

Edited by Martinouchou

15 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Did we see a picture of the coming advent calendar yet? As far as I remember it won't contain any special figure and will be mainly Rebels based.

star-wars-lego-advent-calendar-2017.jpg

75184-1.jpg?201702180315

I'm just super pleased about the imperial officer to be honest, the price should drop.on the secondary market too. 

I wasn't very excited about the minfigyre section originally, but the closer we get to TLJ, the more happy I am about the ST minifigures. I'll probably just flog Sabine on eBay straight away though. 

16 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

I'm just super pleased about the imperial officer to be honest, the price should drop.on the secondary market too. 

I wasn't very excited about the minfigyre section originally, but the closer we get to TLJ, the more happy I am about the ST minifigures. I'll probably just flog Sabine on eBay straight away though. 

I would have replaced Unkar's Thug with another new Jakku scavenger type minifigure and replace the BB-8 with a main character from R1 or something.

The Sabine and Snowtrooper uses are obviously just to use up the remaining parts at Lego factories, the sets they are in show it.

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

I believe it's actually a general and not a officer. We had close up pictures of the figures awhile back.

Are there any unique minifigs in this year's advent calendar?

Has there been a significant shift in personnel working on the Star Wars team at Lego?

May 4th promo: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 = polybag minifig, whereas 2017 got the R2D2 mini build set.

Advent Calendars: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 = unique Santa minifig, whereas 2017 just gets a standard BB-8 with a snowboard and Santa hat.

Why change the formula?

15 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Are there any unique minifigs in this year's advent calendar?

Has there been a significant shift in personnel working on the Star Wars team at Lego?

May 4th promo: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 = polybag minifig, whereas 2017 got the R2D2 mini build set.

Advent Calendars: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 = unique Santa minifig, whereas 2017 just gets a standard BB-8 with a snowboard and Santa hat.

Why change the formula?

I think the 40th Anniversary might be the basis behind the change to the May 4th promo. Or maybe since they seem like they're doing something new with polybags in general, maybe we will start getting more single figure polybags as promotions such as R3-M2 and the new Scariff Trooper and the May 4th will be something different for a few years. Just speculation though, maybe it's just a weird year.

as for the advent calendar, I don't see this year's as a change in formula. BB-8 is supposed to be the holiday figure this year, they just didn't bother to give him any exclusive printing. As someone mentioned a few posts up, maybe this is just a way to use up a ton of excess BB-8 pieces, or maybe there was no money left in the print/new color budget to do anything different. I think a Christmas ornament BB-8 would've been cool though.

Seems lame, but looking at past advent calendars, only 2012 (Santa Maul and snow R2) and 2013 (Kid Boba and Santa Jango) had 2 exclusive figures. Although still bad price/piece ratio, it's better than years prior, and imperial officers with different ranks are actually useful (although not as fun as an exclusive Santa).

4 hours ago, ChiefPie said:

I believe it's actually a general and not a officer. We had close up pictures of the figures awhile back.

A general is a type of officer...

2 hours ago, DarthHank said:

Seems lame, but looking at past advent calendars, only 2012 (Santa Maul and snow R2) and 2013 (Kid Boba and Santa Jango) had 2 exclusive figures. Although still bad price/piece ratio, it's better than years prior, and imperial officers with different ranks are actually useful (although not as fun as an exclusive Santa).

The 2016 advent calendar had two exclusive figures as well (Snow Chewbacca and U-3P0).

5 hours ago, Choops said:

The 2X2 plate with chamfer on the walker looks new?

it is new for 2017, but out in a few sets a large number of the star wars summer sets include a few (arrowhead, and republic tank) along with blue, white, red, and light grey versions too.

Edited by GallardoLU
grammer

19 hours ago, DarthHank said:

A general is a type of officer...

Well yeah, but I was being more specific.

Is the Resistance Officer a named character or based on a specific person/class? Regarding the uniform to the battle pack officer, the tunic is different but the plaque is the same....

2 hours ago, Sportzjester said:

Is the Resistance Officer a named character or based on a specific person/class? Regarding the uniform to the battle pack officer, the tunic is different but the plaque is the same....

People have been saying that it's this guy: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taslin_Brance

I only really want 2 Imperial Generals in oder to make Soontir Fel and Paltr Carvin purist customs.

So i'm assuming the Imperial figure is based off of General Veers on board the executor from ESB, albeit with Bast's head? It makes me wonder what's up with General Tagge's rank insignia?

I'm also very glad TLG has decided to keep on with this current Officer print design so we can have a cohesive Imperial Officer Corps. 

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

So i'm assuming the Imperial figure is based off of General Veers on board the executor from ESB, albeit with Bast's head? It makes me wonder what's up with General Tagge's rank insignia?

I'm also very glad TLG has decided to keep on with this current Officer print design so we can have a cohesive Imperial Officer Corps. 

It is based off Veers uniform but with the head from the officer :sceptic:

Edited by ChiefPie

On 6/4/2017 at 1:34 AM, Jim said:

You are on a LEGO forum. No discussions about clone brands in the official Themes forums.

I feel like since Disney took over Star Wars they've not let toy companies go as far from the source and canon material as they used to. Maybe that's why we're not getting a BB8 which is actually Christmasy (like Red and Green instead of orange or something... like maybe his ball could be a snowglobe or he can look like an ornament and have a little hook on the top of his head to hang on a tree. Revan was the last amazing minifigure we got that was unusual (still being "normal" but not something you'd expect!). Really wish they'd do a Malak!

I'll be skipping this Advent Calendar. It's just got nothing that's actually special. 

Credit to SMC as I hadn't noticed it....

BB-8 (75187) is now listed on Brickset (link)

Age range -10 - 16
Dimensions - 35.4 x 37.8 x 9.4 cm (13.9 x 14.9 x 3.7 in)
Weight - 1.34Kg (2.96 lb)

It's the box size, right? Because I can't imagine such a skinny BB-8:laugh:

5 hours ago, Jockos said:

It's the box size, right? Because I can't imagine such a skinny BB-8:laugh:

Yep, that's the box!

What kind of set is BB-8, anyway? Part of the TLJ wave? Or a D2C/UCS release?