Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, Renegade Clone said:

Looking a bit further afield, any thoughts on when the Han Solo movie sets will hit shelves? The other merchandising events were/are: 

• 2015 Force Friday      September 4th
  • 2016 Rogue Friday     September 30th
  • 2017 Force Friday      September 1st

They could arrive around December-January alongside the second “The Last Jedi” wave, but I find it more likely that they will have a special Disney release roughly 10 weeks before the 25th May 2018 opening (like Rogue One). That would early March 2018. 

Come to think about it, why wasn't the first one called friday awakens, and the coming one, last friday ;)-  

1 hour ago, Tragic Banjo said:

He guessed fairly close on the piece count though

Are we to infer that you know the actual piece count of the new UCS Falcon (and that it's fairly close to 7643 pieces)?

Another fake one. As irritated as everyone moght be about this I am sure this will be a trend on this thread for the next couple of weeks. I just want Lego to announce a pre-order for this set if it is over $600

2 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

He guessed fairly close on the piece count though

Wait, do you know what the piece count is for a fact, or are you just guessing that he was close to what the piece count will be?

5 hours ago, nikhkin said:

The other thing that makes it super obviously fake is when CM4Sci said "hey guys, I faked a box to show how easy it can be. Please don't believe them all"

Glad someone quickly saw the obvious - far too much speculation going on. For me the give away clue was the filename: "Look how easy it is! _ CM4Sci _ Flickr.jpg"

I can't comment on the piece count but there minifig count is out. There's only 7 plus one more coming and CM4Sci got one of the droids wrong.

Edited by LEGOscum

Sci has a well-documented fondness of photoshop. Although it's easy to be mad at him, it's also a testament to his skill. There was a similar reaction in the Licensed forum when someone posted one of Sci's TLBM "sets" under the assumption it was real.

Posting fake images is as bad as posting bullshit info in here. Do it...and risk being removed for good.

Thats all I should need to say about that.

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Posting fake images is as bad as posting megablocks info in here. Do it...and risk being removed for good.

I wanted to disagree and point out that posting a known faked image and making it clear it's a fake is a public service announcement and does have value, but then I considered the fact that a faked image is essentially a MOC and doesn't belong in a rumours section. 

25 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

I wanted to disagree and point out that posting a known faked image and making it clear it's a fake is a public service announcement and does have value, but then I considered the fact that a faked image is essentially a MOC and doesn't belong in a rumours section. 

This

So over on Brickset forum, according to CM4SCI, who we all know has been a reliable source in the past, the UCS Falcon will have around 7500 pieces

1 hour ago, jackster99 said:

So over on Brickset forum, according to CM4SCI, who we all know has been a reliable source in the past, the UCS Falcon will have around 7500 pieces

Wow, if that is true it must either have a better design on the outside, an interior, or even both. I hope it is a redesigned Falcon because it could look so much better. Its too bad it may not be over 8000 pieces if it is really $800, but then again they would make it cost way more than that

9 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

Looking a bit further afield, any thoughts on when the Han Solo movie sets will hit shelves? The other merchandising events were/are: 

• 2015 Force Friday      September 4th
  • 2016 Rogue Friday     September 30th
  • 2017 Force Friday      September 1st

They could arrive around December-January alongside the second “The Last Jedi” wave, but I find it more likely that they will have a special Disney release roughly 10 weeks before the 25th May 2018 opening (like Rogue One). That would early March 2018. 

Lucasfilm usually starts selling new movie merch 3 months in advance. So I think we can expect Han Solo sets in February-March 2018.

23 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Lucasfilm usually starts selling new movie merch 3 months in advance. So I think we can expect Han Solo sets in February-March 2018.

So then it's roughly this:

December 17/January 18: Winterwave (with probably a couple of TLJ sets)

February/March 18: Han Solo wave (I bet 5 sets just like Rogue One... one of them being a new system scale Falcon)

June 18: Summerwave

September 18: NO Force friday, since there won't be a movie in december

December 18/January 19: Winterwave

Early 19: Episode IX wave

Curious to find out how they'll do this. I'm afraid my wallet can't repel sets of that magnitude.

Edited by Jedi-Bendu
I meant system scale... not minifig scale

I don't mean to be an a-hole, or to play mod, but....I din't realize I drank so much yesterday that I time-traveled to the 2018 discussion thread....isn't the Han solo-movie out next year? Even if it comes in May, we can rule out that Disney/Lego will undercut the TLJ-craze with anything from that movie.... (that said, I'd rather read discussion about this then another fake leak but still...)

10 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

Sorry, good point. If you're the originator of the fake pic (it is found out you made it) then that is bad. Posting a fake so others know it's fake is definitely a good thing.

Hell IF it is real, knockoff brand will have it MUCH cheaper. And the brand is very good in quality.

Damn it, I was fooled for a few seconds there !

This thread should just be locked until we have something concrete!   I can't stand the tension and excitement for this rumored UCS MF !! :laugh:

aaand my hiatus caused me to initially miss the Episode 8 set leaks..

Ok, so:

The new AT-AT type walker is laughable, whoever came up with that for the movie should be fired. It's not Lego's fault of course.

The Resurgent-class BC is nothing special IMO, but if you care about the new trilogy, I guess it's cool. To no one's surprise, Snoke'll be the main pull.

The "Bomber" was shown in the trailer and should be about 70-100 meters long, so it's smaller than a CR90, and barely a capital ship. Really weird choice, and an unfitting name. Biggest mistake besides killing Luke's Academy was the nuking of the Republic fleet, so we'll probably never see great designs like MC90s, Nebula-class star destroyers, Endurance carriers, Majestic cruisers, Corona frigates etc. on screen. :cry_sad: Anyway, it's the only set I'm interested in because of a good amount of parts I need for MOCs and two(!) female minifigures. I hope Holdo doesn't have pink eyebrows, so her head can be used elsewhere.

As for the UCS Falcon, I never planned on getting it anyway. Even if I had the money, I don't have any spare room to display it.

Edited by Ephseb

10 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

February/March 18: Han Solo wave (I bet 5 sets just like Rogue One... one of them being a new minifig scale Falcon)

Surely a minifigure scale Falcon would be the UCS set we are so eagerly anticipating for release later this year rather than March '18?

6 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Sorry, good point. If you're the originator of the fake pic (it is found out you made it) then that is bad. Posting a fake so others know it's fake is definitely a good thing.

Maybe it's time to spin off the chatter on the UCS Falcon into it's own dedicated thread?

3 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

Maybe it's time to spin off the chatter on the UCS Falcon into it's own dedicated thread?

Maybe it's time to spin off the chatter on the UCS Falcon into a black hole.

Reports in brickset suggests around 4000 pieces for the USC MF. Given its $800 price, does that make sense?

Edited by mattyman

8 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Maybe it's time to spin off the chatter on the UCS Falcon into a black hole.

I second this. Let's not talk about things we haven't seen till the official images are available somewhere. Still waiting on those TLJ system sets and some news on what to expect the coming winter wave. 

Just now, mattyman said:

Reports in brickset suggest us around 4000 pieces for the USC MF. Given its $800 price, does that make sense?

No. Brickset forums are good for a laugh every now and then, but useless if you want real information.

3 minutes ago, mattyman said:

Reports in brickset suggests around 4000 pieces for the USC MF. Given its $800 price, does that make sense?

I wouldn't trust that. First of all that would mean a per piece price of about $0.20, which is unheard of and absurdly high. Secondly, CM4SCI, who has proven to be reliable, and Tragic Banjo have both said it is closer to 7500 pieces