Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I think those BrickHeadz boxes look really cool, so I'll probably keep them in the box. The real question is: Do I buy every Brickheadz and collect them all or just the SW ones hmmmm.

37 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

I think those BrickHeadz boxes look really cool, so I'll probably keep them in the box. The real question is: Do I buy every Brickheadz and collect them all or just the SW ones hmmmm.

with the way that they look, it might look weird in your Lego display, next to the regular sets. 

17 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

So, I'm amazed to see no one discussing CM4Sci's post on Flickr...

Figures on top

This is real, right?!?

I'm saying fake.

The render looks bad and unfinished and the cockpit just looks wrong, it's the same as the two previous system scale ones which isn't accurate to the shape. 

The figs in the cockpit look weird and out of place, at some weird angle or something

spring loaded shooters replacing two of the guns at the top? You have got to be kidding me...

The biggest give away is the figures at the top, the Rey fig in the gold box is supposed to be the 1:1 scale representation, and given how big the box would be for this, she's huge.

Don't fall for this obvious photoshop. 

Edit: I'm not saying it's fake. It IS fake. Look at how out of line the cockpit is with the connection to the main ship, it doesn't line up, it's clearly taken from a photo when the rest is a CGI render

Edited by LordLEGOtube

4 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

So, I'm amazed to see no one discussing CM4Sci's post on Flickr...

This is real, right?!?

It does have quite a few 2017 parts on it as well as a recolored piece only seen on the Saturn 5 rocket. However I dont think the box is. His original picture (can be seen on another forum) had a different set of minifigs that appeared to be from the Death Star.

Why are there two UCS seals on the side? What is going on with the radar dish that looks like it's hand-painted? And the top gun seems to be missing entirely?

9 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Why are there two UCS seals on the side? What is going on with the radar dish that looks like it's hand-painted? And the top gun seems to be missing entirely?

Top gun is there - zoom in. It has 2 spring loaded shooters on top.

But some other people are making good points, particularly the massive Rey minifigure!

Edited by Richpepperell

Its obviously fake, just look at the poor render quality of the falcon, spring loaded shooters(!) and the cockpit, they used those window pieces for the normal MF set but not the old UCS one, why should they now? 

Really, this screams "fake" the very second I saw it... 

Just now, Deathstroke77 said:

It looks very real but something sticks out at me that makes me doubt it. Not entirely sure what though.

The lightning makes it very obvious, because the model in the picture is a lower quality render than those from LEGO itself. 

The other thing that makes it super obviously fake is when CM4Sci said "hey guys, I faked a box to show how easy it can be. Please don't believe them all"

Just now, Dosenbrot said:

The lightning makes it very obvious, because the model in the picture is a lower quality render than those from LEGO itself. 

Yeah the lighting and rendering does stand out a lot, it just looks kind of flat and the light on it is way too warm.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little surprised that folks started calling the above image out as "fake" before reading on the subreddit that it was openly created as such.

Hopefully the rumors of a Boba Fett buildable figure are, in fact, true. I would guess that it will be released after the TLJ figs, though.

2 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

The other thing that makes it super obviously fake is when CM4Sci said "hey guys, I faked a box to show how easy it can be. Please don't believe them all"

Yeah, that would make it obvious. However, i didn't see it on reddit, but on Flickr where there's no mention of it being fake. 

Just now, Richpepperell said:

Yeah, that would make it obvious. However, i didn't see it on reddit, but on Flickr where there's no mention of it being fake. 

I assumed as much, but wanted to try and let people know ASAP before we all spend 5 pages discussing whether or not we believe the new picture. 

Just now, nikhkin said:

I assumed as much, but wanted to try and let people know ASAP before we all spend 5 pages discussing whether or not we believe the new picture. 

I know - I'm sorry. Please stop all discussion of my over excited post immediately! I've become the thing I hate!

yes, lets kill this fire before it burns the thread up. this is a Fake, openly announced by it's maker to prove a point as to how easy a fake is to make. (you should see some of the other versions with more explosions! hilarious) so until something official is posted by Lego I recommend every image be treated as Fake until proven true.

Looking a bit further afield, any thoughts on when the Han Solo movie sets will hit shelves? The other merchandising events were/are: 

• 2015 Force Friday      September 4th
  • 2016 Rogue Friday     September 30th
  • 2017 Force Friday      September 1st

They could arrive around December-January alongside the second “The Last Jedi” wave, but I find it more likely that they will have a special Disney release roughly 10 weeks before the 25th May 2018 opening (like Rogue One). That would early March 2018. 

1 minute ago, Renegade Clone said:

Looking a bit further afield, any thoughts on when the Han Solo movie sets will hit shelves? The other merchandising events were/are: 

• 2015 Force Friday      September 4th
  • 2016 Rogue Friday     September 30th
  • 2017 Force Friday      September 1st

They could arrive around December-January alongside the second “The Last Jedi” wave, but I find it more likely that they will have a special Disney release roughly 10 weeks before the 25th May 2018 opening (like Rogue One). That would early March 2018. 

Don't think they would release Han Solo sets in September to cannabilze sales of the inital TLJ wave.