Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Oh I see, I guess for the whole no spoiler thing.

Thanks for clearing this for me!

Yep that's it ;) It's been this way since 2015, and it's actually fun to discover all these new products all at once on Force Friday ! 

Edited by Martinouchou

I think this leak is pretty unprecedented. 3 months before release of TLG's biggest product line of the year arguably, so LEGO will not be happy. In a way, there will be people like me now not bothering with the summer wave and will save up for the TLJ sets knowing what's in them.

Edited by Spongebob456

Just now, Spongebob456 said:

I think this leak is pretty unprecedented. 3 months before release of TLG's biggest product line release of the year arguably, so LEGO will not be happy. In a way, there will be people like me now not bothering with the summer wave and will save up for the summer sets knowing what's in them.

While you do that, I'll be saving up for the UCS MF :tongue:

On 2017-05-27 at 8:19 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

here you go.

Thanks Vaderfan. Hmm, think my son would be after the walker. Looks a bit delicate in the upper legs though.

I have to say that I'm not at all impressed by the new banner for the boxes; it looks like the sort of quality you'd expect to see on a budget 3" minifigure! :sick:

The Star Destroyer looks decent and could be on my shopping list if I can find it at a reasonable discount.  As mentioned by others, Snoke looks a bit odd in Gold robes - I'd expected a hybrid between the Emperor and the alien 'God' during the opening scenes of Prometheus!  However, the others are both an easy pass for me which helps my UCS Falcon budgeting.  The Resistance Bomber looks like it was constructed by a 10 year old, and the AT-AT doesn't appeal at all.  Perhaps I'll be more interested when I've seen the source material.....

Sweet, the Star Destroyer opens up exactly the way I was hoping it would! I like the Resistance Bomber, though I don't see it as a bomber, more like a frigate or cruiser. It looks cool, certainly the most unique vehicle yet as everything else is just a modification of preexisting technology. I am concerned that the thing will want to fall over constantly given the shape of the thing.

On an interesting note, they blurred ot the face of the hologram microfig Snoke is speaking to on the back of the box art, I'd assume it was representing Kylo but if that was the case they wouldn't have blocked it out. It's always nice to get those cool hologram pieces though.

Edited by ToaDraco

From the pictures of the back of the box I'm pretty positive that the Star Destroyer is the same size as 75055. You just need to count the studs on the inside technic structure.

Edited by Mamma Mia Bricks

Agreed, same size, but with disappointingly limited space for minifigs. Will require more modding than 75055 by the look of it. But more visually interesting. Better get collecting black Technic push-pins to replace all the ugly red ones in the set!

The resistance bomber looks like it will stand on its "foot", which is an impressive piece of engineering if it's stable. Really interesting design.

I think I'll wait for High Res images before I cast a proper judgement on them.

In other news, some of the new sets are available in Australia... picked up quadjumper and two battle packs so far.

I like the Resistance Bomber a lot. While it does evoke B-Wing type imagery, I think it's the only design that really is something new. The others are just modified Imperial vehicles we've already seen. Not that that's a bad thing, just not as interesting. 

The star destroyers interior does look small. Have to see it in a video. The exterior does look great though!

Am I the only one that finds the real reason the Snoke figure appears unappealing is because he lacks any accessories or weapons? We still don't know if he has a lightsaber or if he uses the Force. I can live with the gold robes, but he just seems boring without anything. 

I also hope we get some sort of unique piece for Phasma's spear. If they just use a plain silver spear I'll be sad. 

I really hope that Delta didn't get silenced by Disney and we have to wait to see the rest of the sets. At least we know Luke, Finn and Rose is in a fairly cheaper set.

3 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

No, not that one. It was the original Imgur post showing the back of the boxes for the TLJ sets. Down the bottom the leaker wrote that there was a regular Luke minifigure included with Kylo Ren's ship, and a separate Luke polybag with Luke in his dark robes. He also said he'd have the rest of the sets up when he finished work, but it was posted over 12 hours ago, so I'm wondering what could have happened.

We know one of them is Kylo's ship with Luke in it, and I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that another one of them is a Canto Bight speeder with Finn.

That leaves two mystery sets, and I'm willing to bet there will be another Resistance ship, but would it be the A-wing when we just got an A-wing this year? Is there another Resistance ship from TFA we haven't gotten?

24 minutes ago, doclord said:

We know one of them is Kylo's ship with Luke in it, and I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that another one of them is a Canto Bight speeder with Finn.

That leaves two mystery sets, and I'm willing to bet there will be another Resistance ship, but would it be the A-wing when we just got an A-wing this year? Is there another Resistance ship from TFA we haven't gotten?

A second A-Wing isn't an impossibility.  The Force Awakens line had two X-Wings.  While they may have been released in different years, they were certainly on shelves at the same time.

You all don't seem to like the new walker that much. I really like it quite a lot, and plan on buying several. I didn't buy enough of the last AT-AT, and now they are prohibitively expensive NIB. It looks like it has extra armor on it's legs and seems to be bristling with guns. 

Just now, Only Sinner said:

You all don't seem to like the new walker that much. I really like it quite a lot, and plan on buying several. I didn't buy enough of the last AT-AT, and now they are prohibitively expensive NIB. It looks like it has extra armor on it's legs and seems to be bristling with guns. 

I think the head looks horrible. Rest of it... eh... I guess it's not too bad. I actually wanted the new Star Destroyer but after seeing the interior and how similar it is to 75055... I really don't need another Star Destroyer. My favorite that we've seen is the Resistance Bomber.