Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

My only gripe is the number of mini-figs included with the Star Destroyer, 5 excluding the admitedly cool black bb-8 for that much cash, especially since 2 of these can be found in a single battlepack is a bit dissapointing. Sure there's snoke in it but just bricklink the ancient one from Dr. Strange. I may even bricklink the ship only. 

Or you could just get the Dr. Strange set to get an extra rathtar as well! :P

The vehicles look a lot better than TFA's! More variation and the Resistance Bomber looks very unique. Now I'm really excited to see the rest of the wave!

I just quickly compared the 2014 star destroyer with the new one and it looks bigger. Is it based on the Finalizer??

I don't know who was hired to design to the box art template but IMO he did a shit job of it. He literally slapped 3 promotionnal shot on plain white with some red logo behind it. I can't stand it. 

Was that ever a thing slapping live action actors photos on Lego boxes?

Wow, that First Order Star Destroyer is System Scale magic!! I was *just* Googling mocs the other day looking to see if anyone has tried one. This looks exactly as I'd hoped... dreamy. :wub: At that size there's gotta be a decent interior.

Everything else looks must-buy, too. Better start saving. The Resistance "Bomber" still looks like a capital ship to me. Bombers don't have to be small fighters, they can be big, y'know... B-29 Superfortress for one.

The walker looks like it's on snow but it's not - it's the dust covered planet (the dust turns red when disturbed) as seen in the TLJ trailer.

I read somewhere over on Reddit - they were calling Lego Snoke "Goldmember." :grin: 

3 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

I don't know who was hired to design to the box art template but IMO he did a shit job of it. He literally slapped 3 promotionnal shot on plain white with some red logo behind it. I can't stand it. 

Was that ever a thing slapping live action actors photos on Lego boxes?

LEGO has no say as to what goes on the Star Wars box designs (except for the actual pictures of the set and its contents), Lucasfilm's marketing controls it. That's why all Star Wars toys, LEGO and non-LEGO, have the same prints year after year.

Also, if you look to the left of the pictures of the minifigures of the bomber, you can see some things falling out of the bottom of the ship. Looks like it'll actually have a bombing function, which is pretty cool.

8 hours ago, Martinouchou said:

Can't you read on this image ?.. Looks pretty clear to me.

*snip*

Thanks, I hadn't seen that image before.  The images I saw had the name chopped off.

Looking at just these sets makes me really excited. I am for sure getting the  gorilla walker and the new star destroyer. I really like the snoke mini figure. I know the head should have been molded but I really like the printing on it

Wow those sets look awesome... and expensive, wow. I do not like that Snoke at all. I assumed he would have black robes and white skin. I wasn't sure if they'd do a special mold for the head but the printing just doesn't seem to do an adequate job. Very disappointing but we'll jst have to wait and see how he is in the movie I guess. I love the gorilla walker and I can definitely see why people were calling it that. I can't wait to see how Kylo Ren's ship looks in set form. Aside from that and the Skimmer, I'm gonna guess the other 2 sets are the new A-Wing and some sort of training set on Ach-to with Rey and Luke.

The FOSD looks like is has the same basic dimensions and build as the 2014 ISD. Looking at the outer edge of the arrow, they're both 61 studs long and the hinges are at the same locations. It probably has a removable top and opens up just like 75055 with a similar (or exact) size interior. 

I look forward to the inevitable "how to covert the FO Heavy Assault Walker into an OT AT-AT" thread.

We now know why Kylo was seduced by Snoke. It was the flashy golden robes, that's how :grin:

Also this disproves theories about it being the Emporer or Mace Windu seeing as he has caucasian skin :thumbup:

Edited by Ashnflash

WOW! Better start saving.

Is the Star Destroyer sub-$150 USD?

Also,

On 15/04/2017 at 9:49 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

The Gorilla AT-AT is one of the sets...

Nailed it.

Edited by VaderFan2187

4 hours ago, BuckeyeLegoFan said:

Long, long time lurker who finally decided to jump into the conversation. The Last Jedi sets revealed contain the two rumored sets I was most looking forward to (Star Destroyer and the First Order walker) and I find them both quite 'eh'.

The Star Destroyer appears to be disappointingly small, which isn't much of a surprise given how the current re-dos of sets (think 75055) have trended that way. The walker looks clunky, boxy, and just unfinished. It doesn't flow nearly as nicely as the AT-AT. The Resistance ship is interesting but doesn't really pique my interest either. All in all it's underwhelming to me. 

The minifigs are great in both appearances and numbers, though! Anxious to see the sets 'in the flesh' and make a final decision but I'm on the "pass" side of the fence to start.

I'm not feeling the love for these sets either - you're not alone! Some minifigs are cool (Shuttle Pilot, Walker Driver, & BB droid), though I'll take a pass on Snoke so far.

Unless they grow (a lot) on me between now and release I think I'll only be BL'ing a few of the new minifigs, unless the economics of that makes no sense (then I'd just use the sets for parts for MOC'ing).

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

I look forward to the inevitable "how to covert the FO Heavy Assault Walker into an OT AT-AT" thread.

Remove a handful of bricks on the former's front legs and they're prettty much the same thing. Lazy design by Disney, it's not Lego's fault.

Found one more image floating around:

*snip*

Nice to see some semblance of an interior, although I was hoping the head could seat two figures.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't post leaked images

Wonder how long these images will stay up... loving the look of these sets. Glad I've got a new job for September!

That Star Destroyer looks like the perfect FO update of 75055... hopefully, like that set, there will be loads of room to put minifigures in - I have 32 in mine - so we have somewhere to put all the excess FO crew from battle packs :)

Have I missed the boat here? Been offline for a few days, clicked that instagram link but not available.

6 hours ago, LordLEGOtube said:

Or you could just get the Dr. Strange set to get an extra rathtar as well! :P

lol... that would be the TLGs smack in the face of the year.... 

4 minutes ago, wilson3a10 said:

Woo Rey has new hair piece. And the new stormtrooper printing looks awesome. 

Oh i mean the new atat driver

ATAT and Star Destroyer reskins don't do anything for me. I like the look of the Resistance Bomber, will definitely be picking that one up and converting it to a capital ship.

On 2017-05-27 at 7:49 AM, Brickdad said:

Have I missed the boat here? Been offline for a few days, clicked that instagram link but not available.

here you go.

29 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

I like the look of the Resistance Bomber, will definitely be picking that one up and converting it to a capital ship.

I think (within canon) the bomber is considered a capital ship, my friend. It certainly looks like it'll have space for figures inside. And ordinance for sure. Can anyone tell if that thickness is 8 or 10 studs? That cockpit piece looks like it's from the Falcon.

Anyone have any idea how this one will display? Hopefully it doesn't need a stand like the B-Wings of old. I'm hoping that it folds up to rest on its side somehow.

If anyone's wondering why Snoke is wearing a prison jumpsuit, I'd like to offer an explanation in the realm of TLJ Spoilers: 

Spoiler

Reports/rumors of an episode 8 nature have suggested that not-a-hologram-10-times-his-size Snoke is said to be living in an "opulent" (rich+fancy!) pad. He wears "golden" robes and also has a "playboy" vibe to him.

I used quotes because these are the exact words used on reputable sources (MSW.net)  Anyway, I could see this figure looking quite striking if it's all done in that shiny pearl gold style of Lego. 

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/04/details-snoke-guards-kylo-ren-star-wars-last-jedi/

Upon closer inspection the front does appear to have a plunging neckline. This guy needs to be smoking one of those long cigarette (death stick) holders. The ladies love Snoke! He throws crazy parties on Canto Bight. Well, we have no idea but I hope so.

Kinda wish the "evil" BB8 unit would be red, not black. 

Oh man, I need that First Order Star Destroyer right now. I was never a Snoke fanatic but you have to admit he comes in a badass ride. I can't wait for this one! It's bought on day one full purchase no complaints. If it comes with an interior, I'm buying that, too. 

Edited by darththeling