Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Summer line is very plain this year tbh, no big set jumps out as a must buy to me. I'm probably going to get Vader Transformation, Republic Tank and both Battlepacks day one, the rest of my budget will go towards TLJ sets in September.

5 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Normally @Kevii23 embeds images but I'll do it today :laugh:

hehehe. 

The more I look at the Tank, the less it becomes. It's way too blocky.. I'll still get it because of Aayla, but even the other 3 'figs' are meh. 

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Summer line is very plain this year tbh, no big set jumps out as a must buy to me. I'm probably going to get Vader Transformation, Republic Tank and both Battlepacks day one, the rest of my budget will go towards TLJ sets in September.

same here!!

I got my Fighter Tank, Vader Transformation and Bounty Hunter set at Toyrus(HK) yesterday and they are great! 

The body print for Bossk and 4Lom figures are pretty accurate, Vader set has some interesting features, Aayla and phase 2 clone gunner is a must buy. 

I will save the rest of my money for TLJ wave. 

6 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

It's tough because two of the largest sets in the summer wave are sets nobody asked for, nobody wants, and nobody is going to buy. (Overstating it a bit, but still...) Compare this to last year when the larger summer sets, while not perfect — a downscaled Turbo Tank and a rehash (albeit a nice one) of the AT-TE—were at least from a show that people actually watched.

2 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

It's tough because two of the largest sets in the summer wave are sets nobody asked for, nobody wants, and nobody is going to buy. (Overstating it a bit, but still...) Compare this to last year when the larger summer sets, while not perfect — a downscaled Turbo Tank and a rehash (albeit a nice one) of the AT-TE—were at least from a show that people actually watched.

Well I'm note sure who are how many watch the series, but according to IMDB free makers is neither more or less popular than rebels and according to me, I enjoy watching free makers more because it's actually funny, for me rebels is reaching more of a children, younger teenager audience and free makers which time to time includes more advance humor, which makes it more apply to older teenagers and adults. 

However I do agree that the sets them selves do look a bit lame, and one free maker set would have been enough, despite that, what's with including the emperor in three sets since last fall (same with chewie) Super lame!

6 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

What's with including the Emperor in three sets since last fall. Super lame!

We've seen a lot of the same minifigs in the past few waves and it's kind of disappointing. Some examples since 2014:

Tatooine Luke - 5 sets

White shirt Han - 3 sets

Tatooine Obi-Wan - 3 sets

Yet I'm still waiting for Dagobah Luke, CC Luke, CC Lando and Nien Nunb.

The R3-M2 polybag is available in the UK now. You can get him for any Star Wars purchase, so he's really easy to get hold of. I imagine it's designed to get even more money from us right after the May the Fourth deals end. 

http://i.imgur.com/pLUcQlI.jpg

Edited by nikhkin

I got R3-M2 today, and they threw in the R2-D2 polybag on top as they had spares.

Freemakers isn't that bad. It has brought us the bounty hunter battle pack and Quarrie, which we probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Even the MOC droid hunter is pretty cool and it is only in the freemakers.

Both the Vader Transformation set and Bounty Hunter Battle Pack look awesome, as they always have. The new Jango head looks great, too, looking forward to getting my hands on that one.

On something of a slightly unrelated note, it appears Kylo's TIE has been leaked (not the lego version, just the thing from the movie. I won't post it here though, just to be safe). It looks a bit like a TIE Interceptor, and I'm looking forward to seeing what LEGO do with this one, assuming the rumour about getting this fighter is true.

I think it's a decent enough wave for the summer with some variety. I missed out on the old Republic Fighter Tank so the new one is a must have for me and I think it looks great. Vader's Transformation is also a good set and of course the 2 battle packs will be must haves for sure. While I have no interest in Freemakers, it's cool that we are getting a legends vehicle as the Tracker 1 is obviously inspired by the TIE Phantom in the same way that Jek-14's Starfighter was heavily inspired by the E-Wing Starfighter so I can see people getting it for that reason alone. Plus the MOC Hunter minifig is cool. The Quadjumper still seems like a complete waste of a slot but it looks good. The 2 buildable figures are really nice too and I love that the Stormtrooper Officer is intended to also double as a standard Stormtrooper, which I'm sure most people would do anyway, it's just nice to see LEGO recognize that and essentially give you 2 possible figures in one for army building. The swoop bike still looks awesome and is certainly on my list.

Once again people forget that the core audience for Lego is kids, and my kids certainly like the Freemakers. Not sure if making the largest sets Freemakers' ones is a great idea though as that's would seem to be restricting sales to birthday/Christmas presents rather than pocket money purchases as their appeal to AFOLs is limited.

Edited by TeufelHund

Thanks for the pics, guys. I forgot about the tank! Looking forward to a few of these new sets. The quadjumper looks better than I thought it would, but still a pass for me. I have all of those minifigs already, perhaps I might get the ship separate on BL?

I got the R3 polybag from S@H with a keyring:blush: (and GOTG sets - already have everything SW I want that's out) so I'm happy with that.

The First Order battle back is real nice. I love how they included the First Order Major/Colonel in it. Though, his dark blue uniform should be more of a teal colour, i think it blends in well with the other darker coloured uniforms of the First Order.

Ok, IF the rumors are true (you bet they are since people who have seen the sets told me) and we'll get a Kylo Ren ship in the TLJ wave... then this is how it will look.

I'm kind of getting sick of the endless variations of tie fighter. How many different wing shapes will they do before they've done them all? Not to mention outside of a select few like the Tie-Bomber a lot don't even look like they have a unique function. 

1 hour ago, BrickG said:

I'm kind of getting sick of the endless variations of tie fighter. How many different wing shapes will they do before they've done them all? Not to mention outside of a select few like the Tie-Bomber a lot don't even look like they have a unique function. 

I 100 % concur!

1 hour ago, BrickG said:

Well, this is the perfect example of how films can NEVER please everyone.

Group of fans: "Why are all these ship designs being re-used?! Come ON, start thinking of new designs and start being original!"

*New designs*

Other group of fans: "I'm so sick of all these new designs! You've used up your creativity, stop being so retro!"

....anyway....I'd say that ship is pretty much guaranteed to be a set in this first wave now if other toy companies are making products from it; looks pretty cool.

7 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Ok, IF the rumors are true (you bet they are since people who have seen the sets told me) and we'll get a Kylo Ren ship in the TLJ wave... then this is how it will look.

Looks like a TIE Avenger to me.
But I like to see more TIE versions !

Ramses25

37 minutes ago, Ramses25 said:

Looks like a TIE Avenger to me.
But I like to see more TIE versions !

Ramses25

well, it looks like there's only so much you can do with the basic TIE design...God I wish they went a bit more crazy with the new designs...

3 hours ago, brobert said:

well, it looks like there's only so much you can do with the basic TIE design...God I wish they went a bit more crazy with the new designs...

What are you complaining about? Where were you when they rehashed X-wings or A-wings? At least this TIE looks fairly unique. Furthermore, each rendition of the TIE is unique in it's own way. Whether that be life-support systems, shielding, co-pilots, immense speed, or just the devastating firepower we're used to. 

Just got back from the Lego store in Liverpool and the R3-M2 promo doesn't include keyrings. Anything Star Wars other than a keyring gets you the polybag.

7 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Just got back from the Lego store in Liverpool and the R3-M2 promo doesn't include keyrings. Anything Star Wars other than a keyring gets you the polybag.

I haven't got a Lego Store anywhere near me, but I ordered my polybag by just buying a Hoth Leia keying as soon as the deal was available. And this still works online - seems a bit unfair that you can't get it in store, but then I did also have to pay for delivery as under £50 spent so you could just buy a Microfighter in store to get the poly for almost the same amount.