Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

My guess is they do a much larger minifigure batch. The old Falcon only had a few easy to get figs aside from Princess Leia. If they go with both original trilogy and new saga film figures there is a jump in price right there.

Price-per-piece on the larger Star Wars sets (including UCS) from 2016 and 2017 has been consistently 11-12¢. Unless it deviates substantially from this pricing, a $799 UCS Falcon would have in the neighborhood of 6500-7000 pieces. By comparison, the 2007 UCS Falcon had 5197 pieces (at just under 10¢ per piece).

But then again, the $799 price could be complete fiction. As could be the entire set.

An $800  Falcon would be terrible. I don't think LEGO would do that though. Then again they pulled that $500 crap with the Death Star that was identical to one that was something like $350. I would want to see a UCS Falcon with a complete interior and plenty of detail. Minifigures could include: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke, Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, and maybe Obi Wan. It could be around the price range of $250- $300.

18 minutes ago, TyGl200 said:

An $800  Falcon would be terrible. I don't think LEGO would do that though. Then again they pulled that $500 crap with the Death Star that was identical to one that was something like $350. I would want to see a UCS Falcon with a complete interior and plenty of detail. Minifigures could include: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke, Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, and maybe Obi Wan. It could be around the price range of $250- $300.

They future proofed a re-release of a set that was originally released in 2007 for $400. The death star had been out for 9 yeas when they took it off the market and re-released it with updated figures and some added stuff, was that stuff worth the extra $100? no it wasnt, but the extra hundred not only accounts for inflation from 2007 to 2016 but also accounts for future inflation so they don't have to pull it off the market again in ten years.

Also do you really think that a UCS falcon with full interior and a fully detailed exterior could be pulled off at $300?

The rumor is that the high price is because the new falcon will have a detailed, if not complete interior. (again rumor, not fact, the falcon inst even confirmed)

27 minutes ago, TyGl200 said:

Lol

(In response to the 'bigger price means more pieces')

Or more figs, or simply more unique (printed) pieces.  Who knows that will share?

Edited by KevinMD
Missed quoting

Rumors or info on new sets for 2017 please.  Not a place to argue about what UCS sets go up over XX years.  And not a place for price argument.

Those of you that do not believe in the new Falcon, please, just stop.  Don't believe it, believe it.  You are adding nothing to the conversation.

Hi Fans,

I have found this link from FB Lego AFOL.

https://www.bouwsteentjes.info/geruchtenmolen-lego-star-wars-75192-ucs-millennium-falcon/

I am not sure whether this source is reliable or not but...

I used Google translator and it says:

What we can tell you is that the set will indeed cost around $ 799 and have a release for October 2017. The screenshot shows that it's about 75192 CONFIDENTIAL_Direct 6175770 $ 799

The information / rumors we've seen over the last few months are as follows:

• Two radar dishes so you can switch between the OT falcon and the ST Falcon
  • 5 Minifigs with Hoth print
  • Full interior
  • Durable LEGO set ever
  • Largest LEGO set ever (in the form of quantity of parts)

So 799$USD is confirmed then? but what excites me most is "Full interior"

I hope this rumor about the interior is true. Let's wait and see!

Got to love it... 'we don't want to show you the picture so we don't get the employee in trouble, but here's a link which states what store it was taken from essentially narrowing it down to just a handful of people...'

I think the comment about full interior has been taken from here from the guy that said he saw a picture of part of the interior/knows a guy that saw a picture of part of the interior (can't remember which it was), and have just taken it out of context and Chinese whispered it to claim a full interior...

Literally any information or rumours typically comes from here or reddit and other sites just amalgamate to compose lists of what is already listed here, albeit spread through a multitude of pages. 

Can't say I've seen anywhere that states 'the most durable set ever' though... 

Pretty sure the wings on the 10212 shuttle put that comment to rest though! 

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:54 AM, Stash2Sixx said:

Nope, that's legit.  That is an internal email powerpoint that LEGO uses.  Notice the end date so this thing will be somewhat limited.  Thanks for adding that link!

Dates show a 14 month range, but nothing about a limited quantity. I would hope that they'd increase production during those 14 months if demand was high... Any idea as to whether they'll be super limited or not??

I'm really hoping we get some meaningful information on the 4th of May... at the moment it just seems like a feedback loop of people sourcing people who sources this very forum... the only thing I really trust at the moment is that 'several trustworthy people have suggested there will be a new UCS Millennium Falcon later in the year'.

2 hours ago, jaesroe said:

Hi Fans,

I have found this link from FB Lego AFOL.

https://www.bouwsteentjes.info/geruchtenmolen-lego-star-wars-75192-ucs-millennium-falcon/

I am not sure whether this source is reliable or not but...

I used Google translator and it says:

What we can tell you is that the set will indeed cost around $ 799 and have a release for October 2017. The screenshot shows that it's about 75192 CONFIDENTIAL_Direct 6175770 $ 799

The information / rumors we've seen over the last few months are as follows:

• Two radar dishes so you can switch between the OT falcon and the ST Falcon
  • 5 Minifigs with Hoth print
  • Full interior
  • Durable LEGO set ever
  • Largest LEGO set ever (in the form of quantity of parts)

So 799$USD is confirmed then? but what excites me most is "Full interior"

I hope this rumor about the interior is true. Let's wait and see!

It's a summary of all the rumours, nothing more.

Hi guys, been following this thread for quite a while now without replying. I bougth the ucs snowspeeder today and got the r2d2 polybag and my local lego store seller told me: "we have the confirmation from the TLG that the next UCS is coming in August". However, He doesn't know which one.

6 hours ago, thorin said:

Dates show a 14 month range, but nothing about a limited quantity. I would hope that they'd increase production during those 14 months if demand was high... Any idea as to whether they'll be super limited or not??

That is fake.

Delta_customs on instagram posted a similar photo, showing the price to be $800.  

4 hours ago, G59 said:

Hi guys, been following this thread for quite a while now without replying. I bougth the ucs snowspeeder today and got the r2d2 polybag and my local lego store seller told me: "we have the confirmation from the TLG that the next UCS is coming in August". However, He doesn't know which one.

I thought that the polybag was only available from the 4th-7th... Is this in UK?

An August release doesn't seem to pair up with any of the other rumors. Most of them have insinuated a late September / early October release...

Just now, thorin said:

I thought that the polybag was only available from the 4th-7th... Is this in UK?

An August release doesn't seem to pair up with any of the other rumors. Most of them have insinuated a late September / early October release...

Got it in France with the snowspeeder (vip). I'm not here to give false/good rumors, just quoting what a seller in an official lego store told me.

Polybag available now (uk). Have Slave 1 in my checkout and the R2 bag was added automatically.

When was A New Hope released in the cinema in 1977? If it was August, perhaps the UCS MF is getting released then to tie-in with 40yr Anniversary.

Edited by Brickdad

22 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

Polybag available now (uk). Have Slave 1 in my checkout and the R2 bag was added automatically.

When was A New Hope released in the cinema in 1977? If it was August, perhaps the UCS MF is getting released then to tie-in with 40yr Anniversary.

It was on May 25th, 1977.

10 hours ago, Johnmeel said:

Most durable is a mistranslation of "duurste" which means most expensive

Thanks for making sense on that mistranslation because I don't believe TLG has a scale for set durability. I'm sure any UCS can be smashed into multiple pieces however durable it is.

The MF hype is just getting bigger and bigger!

19 hours ago, Forest westly said:

They future proofed a re-release of a set that was originally released in 2007 for $400. The death star had been out for 9 yeas when they took it off the market and re-released it with updated figures and some added stuff, was that stuff worth the extra $100? no it wasnt, but the extra hundred not only accounts for inflation from 2007 to 2016 but also accounts for future inflation so they don't have to pull it off the market again in ten years.

Also do you really think that a UCS falcon with full interior and a fully detailed exterior could be pulled off at $300?

The rumor is that the high price is because the new falcon will have a detailed, if not complete interior. (again rumor, not fact, the falcon inst even confirmed)

They did it with the Helicarrier, I'm not saying anything to be sure yet though. I do agree with you that anything is possible with a good UCS Falcon...

5 hours ago, TyGl200 said:

They did it with the Helicarrier, I'm not saying anything to be sure yet though. I do agree with you that anything is possible with a good UCS Falcon...

The helicarrier is not the MF though, and it also doesn't have anything to live up to. The MF does, and will definitely be at least double your $300 hope, if not the $800 as shown in the picture.