Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Everyone I really don't think this $ 130 the last few toys r us sets have been $ 90 and even if this is 130 we don't even know how many pieces there are.

Found the source of the pictures for 75191 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive, the Hong Kong TRU website.

http://www.toysrus.com.hk/www.toysrus.com.hk/lego/

The price is the same as the initial price (website has it listed for a discounted price but lists the initial price) for 75156 Krennic's Shuttle from last year, which was $89,99 USD, $119.99 CAN, 84.99 Pounds, 99,99 Euros (in Germany and France). Keep in mind that price may not translate exactly the same as it did with Krennic's Shuttle but it is at least a whole lot better than $130.

Edited by LegoBari31

So...it finally reared it's lil red and white head. And, it looks good!

And, just for the record, I don't lie. My sources say something, it's legit! Any of you still not believe me?

The ring looks great, but there's something a tad off with the ship - the cockpit seems a tad too elevated, although it might just be perspective - I'll have to wait to see it in the plastic to decide.

I just finished Rogue One for the third time, only to come back and see the long-awaited pics for the Hyperdrive and Starfighter! In the words of Director Krennic,

"Oh, it's beautiful." :cry_happy:

What's not beautiful? The price. Ouch. :cry_sad: This also means we likely won't get an AOTC Slave 1 anytime soon now.

The reason the ship's cockpit looks too far up is likely because the connecting points for the hyperdrive rest underneath it, raising the whole assembly up a bit.

Edited by ChristopherLee

I like that we're getting Jango again. Don't like young Boba too much though. Could have used the new Han hairpiece and it would've been more accurate. I really like the build of the starfighter too. Looks like I'm going to get it.

Obi Wan has a new torso. It looks a little better than his last. And he has his headphones on. Is the same fast from the interceptor?

Edited by Franklinw1234

For that pricing and mini-figs line-up they could have released Jango's Slave 1. :laugh:

The set looks like on what it's based on, the ship is nailed on and the stud shooters are easily removable. I get they had to include the ring for the piece count but that doesn't look too exciting IMHO. 

Didn't Obi-wan just had a star fighter set release though? It seems a bit redudant...

Apart for the two battlepacks this summer wave is really boring. 

Am I the only one who finds that cockpit incredibly ugly? It juts out and looks terrible. Ruins an otherwise great build.

And the price and figures... ugh. No Kaminoans/Geonosians?

BTW, if it is SG180, it should be US90. 

Disappointing. The hunchbacked cockpit and undersized wings totally throw off the proportions. What's with the clear support pieces on the lower half of the ring? Did the previous hyperspace ring have those? 

Just now, jdubbs said:

What's with the clear support pieces on the lower half of the ring? Did the previous hyperspace ring have those? 

Handle/release mechanism 

Looks pretty bad. 

The design is nothing like the Ep.2 ship, this is more of the Clone Wars version. Short, stubby, disproportionate. 

The hyperspace ring is fine, but obviously nothing exciting.

The Minifigures are nothing new, no exclusives. Such a great opportunity to include a Kamonian, or some Geonosians - but nah.                                          

The price point is just disgusting, no thanks.

Easy skip for me.

Edited by JDbricks
Spelling.

16 hours ago, Markalus said:

There was talk several pages back about 2 x VIP points for the May the fourth promotional period.

Pretty sure it is single points during the campaign. Triple points available now until just before promo starts.

It looks real good. Not a fan of the price but I doubt it's that high. I don't own a single one of those figures and they are all great. The could have included someone else though maybe a Kamino alien or a Geonosian. Or just replace the Fetts. I feel like we won't get a Jango Slave 1 anytime soon. Oh well even with a high price I'll probably get this set, I have nothing to show for episode II rn. 

My son and I still looking for something from Ep2 and it wont be this. Not just because it is out of his age range, the price is ridiculous even by lego's ridiculous standards. Will pass on this one I think.

Just checked page 1 again to see updated list and noticed it states the R2-D2 promobag is 750 pieces! Lol. Surely you meant 75?

Really not liking that hyperspace ring. The fighter itself is... whatever, but the ring is such a disappointment, its not a significant improvement over the 2last one from 10 years ago! And I'd say the docking area on the 2007 one looks better. The fighter just doesn't mesh nicely with the ring, which is completely contrary to what we see in the source material. What a disappointment.

Edited by Magmafrost

The problem with the ring, as @Magmafrost said, is that it really doesn't innovate over the last one made a decade ago. It fails to mesh with the starfighter, leaving those flaps in an awkward position. The whole "thinned" and "tall" appearance of the starfighter makes it look worse than it needs to be. The framing technique is identical. This one also has some very unnecessary spring missiles. The hyperdrive rings in both legends and in canon were not armed.

On another note, I'm assuming that ugly transparent technic mass is supposed to be a grip for kids to swoosh the set around. I also wonder if by any miracle of nature the old 2002 starfighter would be compatible with this set.