Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

27 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

I know, what I meant was that it isn't an exact science. We need to try a look at how pricing has worked before. It gets even more complex when you try to work out the randomly assigned prices in GBP, they never follow any patterns. 

Life would be so much easier if we could just directly convert the prices. Still, nice to know I'll need to find a lot of money by September. 

Completely agree with you on the GBP, so hard to translate set prices nowadays. This wave does seem very expensive, but hopefully I'll have some money around September.

Just now, Richpepperell said:

Wait - were there actually set box images up on here before they got removed??? If so did anyone save them?

No, they had set numbers and the various sized black boxes with "confidential" print on them. No actual details beyond set numbers and costs. 

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

This is adjusted by comparing DKK retail prices with US$. Take this with a margin of error of 10$. 

75176 - 40$

75177 - 50$

75179 - 80$

75187 - 90$

75188 - 100$

75189 - 110$

75190 - 140$

This looks like one heck of an expesinve wave, similar to TFA. 

Strangely one of the constraction figure is going to be priced 5$ than the rest. 

As expensive as this wave seems, to put it into perspective, you could buy every single set mentioned above and the combined amount would still be about $90-$190 less expensive then the rumored UCS millennium falcon set(assuming the rumors are true and it ends up being $700-$800)

Here is what I think:

75176, the $30 USD set is potentially a Crait Speeder. Or maybe it is a mini playset since it comes with Finn and BB-8 and ?. We know Rose is going to be hanging out with Finn in this movie, so she could potentially be the third minifigure in this set. 3 minifigures makes sense since the Hovertank and the Phantom II both had 3 figures.

75177: we have no info other than a guess on the price.

75178: It comes with Kylo Ren and 2-3 more guys, so I think this is Kylo's TIE. If true, it would be very pricey at the U-wing's price point. IMO this could either be the U-wing's price or the TIE Striker's price. TIE Striker would seem more reasonable, but we have to wait and see.

75187: BB-8. Interesting it is the same price as Krennic's Shuttle. Based on what @Sir von Lego said previously, this fits as BB-8 is a >100 EUR set.

75188: Poe? Pilot? Officer? At Kylo's Shuttle's price, I wonder what this set is. Maybe it is the Nebulon-B style ships we saw in the TLJ trailer?

75189: This is the second biggest set of the wave, at the same price as Captain Rex's AT-TE. Based on what @Sir von Lego said, the second biggest set of the line is the Gorilla Walker. But @Stash2Sixx's source says it has 2 Stormtroopers? Rey? and Luke?, which seems to contradict. Unless, of course, the First Order deploys walkers to Ahch'to. :wink:

75190: This is the same price as the Millennium Falcon, so I believe this could be the Finalizer. It's big enough.

But does this mean that 75191 (JSF with Hyperdrive Booster Ring) will be more expensive than the Finalizer? :look:

15 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

But does this mean that 75191 (JSF with Hyperdrive Booster Ring) will be more expensive than the Finalizer? :look:

Hopefully not. That would be a pretty expensive Jedi starfighter. If it is that expensive, it should have more than Obi Wan, Boba, and R4.

44 minutes ago, Hero Bricks said:

If the sets come out September 1st could we expect leaks soon? Maybe official pictures in June or July?

I would presume so. My guess is that we will hear about official set descriptions late May to all of June, then probably pictures will follow around late July through August. :wink:

It is crazy for me to hear that Kylo Ren's Star fighter might be more expensive than the First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter. My prediction though for the minifigures would be Kylo Ren with an updated face print to match his scare in the movie and he would have the original style of cape according to some of the rumors on the film set (apparently he wears one of Darth Vader's old capes?), then Captain Phasma would have to come in this one or the Gorilla Walker and with that set already having two exclusive minifigures it would make since to separate the main characters out, then the last minifigure would have to either just be a normal FO Stormtrooper or a TIE Fighter pilot as we have seen lego put extra pilots in most star fighters in the past. If I am correct here I would presume that this set and the Gorilla Walker will be the most bought sets of the wave because of the minifigures.        

Not sure if anyone saw this, but brickfanatics is saying that select sets will be 40% off each day of the May the 4th promotion period...

http://www.brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-star-wars-may-the-fourth-promotions-announced/

I don't think I saw that previously on the Shop@Home May Calendar... but I may be wrong! It probably will be the slow-selling sets, but maybe there will be a good one scattered in there.

Why on topic: analysis of the rumor of prices compared to past waves

I would be shocked if the cheapest set is not less than $30. From a business point of view, it makes little sense. There will be many parents who will want to purchase a Lego product but can't afford that high of an amount. There's a reason polybags, minifig blind bags, etc. are hot sellers (less than $5) and each theme has a small, less than $10 set (city is most famous for this, but even ninjago, Marvel, and even Star Wars micro fighters exist) in order to capture this market. 

$40.00 is often a post-tax, full-work day's salary for a minimum wage parent. I couldn't imagine that price to be the lowest Lego offers. 

We've always seemed to have at least one such set in a wave (microfighter, battle packs, Rey's speeder, etc.) so even with the inflation bump, I'd be shocked to see the lowest priced set to be more than $30.

Edited by Sportzjester

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Here is what I think:

75176, the $30 USD set is potentially a Crait Speeder. Or maybe it is a mini playset since it comes with Finn and BB-8 and ?. We know Rose is going to be hanging out with Finn in this movie, so she could potentially be the third minifigure in this set. 3 minifigures makes sense since the Hovertank and the Phantom II both had 3 figures.

75177: we have no info other than a guess on the price.

75178: It comes with Kylo Ren and 2-3 more guys, so I think this is Kylo's TIE. If true, it would be very pricey at the U-wing's price point. IMO this could either be the U-wing's price or the TIE Striker's price. TIE Striker would seem more reasonable, but we have to wait and see.

75187: BB-8. Interesting it is the same price as Krennic's Shuttle. Based on what @Sir von Lego said previously, this fits as BB-8 is a >100 EUR set.

75188: Poe? Pilot? Officer? At Kylo's Shuttle's price, I wonder what this set is. Maybe it is the Nebulon-B style ships we saw in the TLJ trailer?

75189: This is the second biggest set of the wave, at the same price as Captain Rex's AT-TE. Based on what @Sir von Lego said, the second biggest set of the line is the Gorilla Walker. But @Stash2Sixx's source says it has 2 Stormtroopers? Rey? and Luke?, which seems to contradict. Unless, of course, the First Order deploys walkers to Ahch'to. :wink:

75190: This is the same price as the Millennium Falcon, so I believe this could be the Finalizer. It's big enough.

Does this mean -77 is Jedda then? 

And I doubt -91 is more than -90, just separated due to exclusive and not being E8 related.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

Does this mean -77 is Jedda then? 

And I doubt -91 is more than -90, just separated due to exclusive and not being E8 related.

Jedda?  Do you mean Jedha from Rogue One?  I'm confused.
And yeah, sets are out of sequence all the time, due to retail exclusives, release delays, etc.  There's no reason to believe that the Jedi Starfighter will be more expensive than the largest TLJ set.

6 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Here is what I think:

[...]

But 75178 is the Jakku Quadjumper.  :wink:  Did you mean 75179?  For what it's worth, that was the set that was originally rumored to be the "Rebel Hangar" set.  But I guess the rumored minifigures kind of rule out Yavin IV!

Edited by RogueTwo

Pricing discussion does not belong in here, that goes for random guesses as well as speculation and creative assumptions based on past releases. I don't think anyone here works for LEGO anymore so...

The speeder set isn't from Crait, I'm pretty sure it will be one of

Spoiler

the expensive looking speeders seen during the shooting of the Dubrovnik exteriors.

5 hours ago, Hero Bricks said:

If the sets come out September 1st could we expect leaks soon? Maybe official pictures in June or July?

Official pictures will arrive late August or September 1st.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Official pictures will arrive late August or September 1st.

Yes, official pictures can be found on the shelf of your local toy store September 1. :laugh:

18 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Wait - were there actually set box images up on here before they got removed??? If so did anyone save them?

Here you go 

26 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Here you go 

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Tidy

1 minute ago, ChristopherLee said:

Probably shouldn't have those up as they're marked confidential. Doesn't EB have a rule against that?:look:

Yeah. I think it's you can't link or post confidential pictures. You can tell people where to find them, so in this case Imgur.

So $149 for the most expensive set.... Which means it'll be $179 for me... If it has a bunch of main characters I think I'll pick it up :sweet: