Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, Kez said:

UCS Lego BB-8 - It would be cool if it was similar in scale to this guy (posted on Lego's Instagram) :classic:

Yeah thats not going to happen. 

11 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

BB-8 will arrive in October, I think. It will include an UCS-Stand.

sonit definitely is a product of UCS line.

I talked to the LEGO customer service today, and they kind of reveal the 75192 as a "well-known" UCS. Big and nice.

more information to come late June/ July, seems legit to be an October release then ..

Appreciate the confirmation. I've always figured both BB and the falcon were coming in October so we'll have to wait and see!

I'm a little confused by the wording from Sir Von Lego so I want to be clear. Is the implication that we're getting both BB-8 and the Falcon this year?

If we do get both, I'd have a hard time imagining the release schedule for each one. The Snowspeeder is coming in May, and I don't know if LEGO would want to release the Falcon that soon after. If BB8 were to come this year, he'd likely be released alongside the TLJ wave in September. Where would the Falcon come in?

Snowspeeder = UCS Confirmed

bb-8 = NOT UCS (Almost Confirmed)

Aluminum Falcon = UCS (Really damn sure, but not 100%)

Sources are quoting some interesting info with prices.  Rumors are it may be closer to 8 bills (USD) than the 6; nothing confirmed as of yet, but educated guesses.  We knew it would be the biggest LEGO set yet (size, pieces, and price), but I don't think we were expecting this.  Either way, I've already started my savings jar.  $50 every two weeks puts me at about $600 by the end of September.  Coming up with $200 is easier than coming up with $800 out of thin air, right?  Did the same thing years ago for the first one, no problem with doing it again!  Again, planned for October, but that could be changed at anytime.  They've done it before and I'm sure they will do it again!

2 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Aluminum Falcon

Lol. I'm half expecting this to be the name of the inevitable Lepin cheap knock-off!

15 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

BB-8 will arrive in October, I think. It will include an UCS-Stand.

sonit definitely is a product of UCS line.

Just because it has a stand doesn't mean it's UCS. What I've heard is in line with what Stash2Sixx said, so I don't think it is a UCS set. I think it's a part of the The Last Jedi wave, but don't quote me on that. 

Just a thought, but if what I've heard is true shouldn't that make it a September 1st release and not an October release? 

Edited by Delta Customs

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Snowspeeder = UCS Confirmed

bb-8 = NOT UCS (Almost Confirmed)

Aluminum Falcon = UCS (Really damn sure, but not 100%)

Sources are quoting some interesting info with prices.  Rumors are it may be closer to 8 bills (USD) than the 6; nothing confirmed as of yet, but educated guesses.  We knew it would be the biggest LEGO set yet (size, pieces, and price), but I don't think we were expecting this.  Either way, I've already started my savings jar.  $50 every two weeks puts me at about $600 by the end of September.  Coming up with $200 is easier than coming up with $800 out of thin air, right?  Did the same thing years ago for the first one, no problem with doing it again!  Again, planned for October, but that could be changed at anytime.  They've done it before and I'm sure they will do it again!

Yipes. That's gonna cost a bomb over here in my country... Still figuring out if I even have the space for it. But thanks for the info!

4 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

Just a thought, but if what I've heard is true shouldn't that make it a September 1st release and not an October release?

I'm very curious on the timing of both releases... the dates could get slid back. It seems like releasing BB8 with the rest of TLJ sets on Force Friday would be a possibility. Then they could release the MF around the same time tickets are going on sale or when the movie is released. Spaced correctly, there's possibly 3 months of gap.

The downside... I can see a lot of non-Lego Star Wars collectors buying this MF (AF for stash :blush: - please don't ban me) and gobbling up the inventory. SW fans will be in "nostalgia collector" mode. Tried and true AFOLS could be struggling to get their hands on one...

Edited by thorin

6 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Thanks @Stash2Sixx, if the Falcon is $800 that will put it in £650 territory for the UK.  I paid £750 for my last MISB 10179 just before the price exploded, so it will just be a replacement for it.  I'm expecting something really stunning for that sort of price-point; they might do a limited initial run of 20,000 to add to the 'desirability', otherwise some potential buyers might opt to wait for a sale, or triple VIP points etc.  I'm hoping that they'll illuminate the Hyperdrive with LEDs, but perhaps that's being a little too optimistic.  I'm definitely going to do that for mine, although if I use PFs it will add another £100+. 

28 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

BB-8 does have an UCS Sticker, so I really don't know why everyone thinks that it won't be an UCS?

could be September as well, together with the E VIII sets.

for your info,...   helicarrier has a "ucs" sticker,....    but on the box there is no UCS logo,.....   thats why we do not call it a UCS model,,...  but we think it is UCS...

Confusing AF  but thats how it is!!

14 minutes ago, allstyles said:

for your info,...   helicarrier has a "ucs" sticker,....    but on the box there is no UCS logo,.....   thats why we do not call it a UCS model,,...  but we think it is UCS...

Aha, ok.

so for me it is an UCS...?

the Celebration exclusive is already on evilbay.....for way over € 200.

Won't post what I think of those sellers to avoid a ban because of foul language.

6 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Aha, ok.

so for me it is an UCS...?

Do you know, or are you allowed to confirm, whether it has a "UCS price tag"?  Meaning, I don't know, 180 USD or above?  Thanks so much for all the information!  (And that goes for Stash and DeltaCustoms as well!)

12 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

I think it's a part of the The Last Jedi wave, but don't quote me on that. 

Do you mean it's a regular retail set in the September wave, that just happens to be UCS-ish?  Or do you mean that it will just be released concurrently with the Last Jedi wave?

6 hours ago, allstyles said:

This argument doesn't hold. 10129, 10134, 10175, 10212, 10215, 10221.. none have UCS logo on box.

1 minute ago, KevinMD said:

This argument doesn't hold. 10129, 10134, 10175, 10212, 10215, 10221.. none have UCS logo on box.

Isn't the UCS logo a fairly recent addition?

3 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Isn't the UCS logo a fairly recent addition?

The logo itself is, but I didn't include other sets that actually say "ultimate collectors.." as it appears lego even in the beginning (7181/7191) were labeling them as such. I think the helicarrier and tumbler are indeed UCS-styled but that UCS is reserved for Star Wars. 

With that said, we'll see on the BBQ ball. If it has a plaque it will likely get classified as UCS. 

Anyway, getting excited for 2017. Just when I thought my wallet would catch a break.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

Yes, actually it does :wink: 

The current 'Gold' UCS logo first appeared on a Star Wars set in around 2014 (75059 - Sandcrawler); all of the sets you mention were available before then, hence why they didn't include it.  Brickset have a full inventory of all UCS sets (here) if you're interested.  Without getting into the whole 'UCS debate' TLG seem to apply it to all high-end sets at the moment regardless of the quality or target-audience, which makes it fairly pointless as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, Lobot said:

Yes, actually it does :wink: 

The current 'Gold' UCS logo first appeared on a Star Wars set in around 2014 (75059 - Sandcrawler); all of the sets you mention were available before then, hence why they didn't include it.  Brickset have a full inventory of all UCS sets (here) if you're interested.  Without getting into the whole 'UCS debate' TLG seem to apply it to all high-end sets at the moment regardless of the quality or target-audience, which makes it fairly pointless as far as I'm concerned.

My last post on this, I promise.

brickset's list is based on that bs poster that half the population holds dear as to what constitutes UCS and what doesn't, while the other half looks at it as a poorly done marketing scheme, but I'm sure you knew that.

edit- actually I'm kind of happy to see on second glance only the og DS and EV included on BS, though I still ignore both as UCS.

Regarding your last point, I'm 100% there with you. But they're making up for it in 2017 it seems!

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

thats why those are not UCS 's    

We think they are USC's because they have a fact plate,,...  we sometimes call them UCS's,....    but nothing tells us that they are UCS's

We just name it because most of the time it is a awesome model and deserves the UCS logo on the box!

Even the Lego company itself does not have a straight policy for it,,,.... thats why it is such a hassle :pir-oh: