Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

52 minutes ago, thorin said:

Stash. Thank you.

If the interior is true, I will be highly interested and I think many others will be too. I passed on the original UCS for this very reason. Many others bought Ewok Village and Sandcrawler but passed on the "models" due to playability. Time will tell, but if it appeals to both collectors it will sell.

My biggest concern is that Lego will produce only a limited quantity, which would be a big bummer for the whole community. Hopefully they don't go Nintendo on us and cater to the scalpers.

The lack of the interior is one of the main reasons I've never been interested in acquiring a UCS Millenium Falcon (even back when it was released). Granted, I've never been able to afford it, and I doubt I'll be able to afford this one.

52 minutes ago, thorin said:

My biggest concern is that Lego will produce only a limited quantity, which would be a big bummer for the whole community. Hopefully they don't go Nintendo on us and cater to the scalpers.

Agreed. But Lego hasn't really done limited quantity releases in recent years, so this is unlikely. I say flood the market with those new UCS MF's, and destroy the scalpers' market!

13 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Watch these new figures still not have dual molding, even in a $600-$800 set.

Just like how we TOTALLY like it :hmpf_bad:

11 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

I say flood the market with those new UCS MF's, and destroy the scalpers' market!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I don't think LEGO would even consider a limited production run considering the demand among the AFOL community.

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You only have 15 posts, and I don't see anything in your history other than you saying it'll have an interior. I'll wait for someone who's been reliable before I believe this.

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You only have 15 posts, and I don't see anything in your history other than you saying it'll have an interior. I'll wait for someone who's been reliable before I believe this.

Nice.  Let's just remember this comment of yours in a few months time and I'd be expecting an apology.  No need for that. I am a member of a LUG and have access to certified master builders.

54 minutes ago, Lahh001 said:

Nice.  Let's just remember this comment of yours in a few months time and I'd be expecting an apology.  No need for that. I am a member of a LUG and have access to certified master builders.

Sorry if I offended you. My comment was merely pointing out that there are other people who are more reliable than you are at this point. If you are telling the truth about the interior I will happily apologize, but if you aren't I'd rather not see something like that mess with ForceGhostSolo and the episode 8 sets. If you want to discuss this further please PM me so we don't clutter this thread even more.

I don't want to doubt anyone, but surely stating whether or not we will have an interior is a 50/50 detail. It either does or doesn't. Hardly the kind of specific detail to prove yourself to the community in the same way as being able to specify the type of printing a minifigure will have etc.

Interesting to see some slightly harder evidence emerging. I have always been doubtful of the new Falcon, mostly because I've got my hopes up for sets before and this is the closest we've been to actual confirmation. Before this all we had was a few people saying "yeah, it'll probably happen". The downside being $600 is an absurdly high price that means I probably won't be able to afford it and I probably won't have space for it. 

Based on the pricing for the Death Star, it looks like this could be at least £500 in the UK. I really hope the mentioned possible price of $800 is for a market other than the US. 

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Sorry if I offended you. My comment was merely pointing out that there are other people who are more reliable than you are at this point. If you are telling the truth about the interior I will happily apologize, but if you aren't I'd rather not see something like that mess with ForceGhostSolo and the episode 8 sets. If you want to discuss this further please PM me so we don't clutter this thread even more.

Don't involve me again, what's done is done. That comment is also NOT part of the topic is it? No! So please stay on topic for everyone else! 

Ever noticed that, in the vast majority of cases, rumoured sets tend to come true? You'd think credible stuff would be drowned out by lies and nonsense. I'd say a UCS Falcon is now a certainty.

I think the Mods do an amazing job of shutting down the trolls and allow the rumour mill to be a positive experience.

I notice the UK price of the Death Star is now even higher at a mind blowing £409. The Falcon can't be less than £500-£600. Just be really really good, then I'll be able to justify the price...

This news is rather staggering.  Given the price inflation of recent years, I fully expected Lego to come out with a 4,000 piece $500 UCS version, if they even did one at all.  Predictably, a set of similar piece count and size to the original would be $600+.  I honestly didn't think they would try to sell a set for that kind of money.

But $800?  A 7,500 piece UCS falcon with an interior is literally the star wars eurobricks poster child for a wishlist set.  How many times on this forum have people wished for such a thing, and now for it to happen is almost incomprehensible.  That said, $800 puts this set wildly out of range for the vast, vast majority of consumers and they are going to have to do something truly special with it to command that kind price.

I certainly hope they do!

33 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

I notice the UK price of the Death Star is now even higher at a mind blowing £409. The Falcon can't be less than £500-£600. Just be really really good, then I'll be able to justify the price...

All our prices increased in January. For most it wasn't that noticeable, with a lot of big sets only going up by £10 at most. Obviously with a set that was nearly £400 it was a more significant increase

37 minutes ago, Schneeds said:

$800 puts this set wildly out of range for the vast, vast majority of consumers and they are going to have to do something truly special with it to command that kind price.

If LEGO can successfully sell 10188 in New Zeland for $800 for 7 1/2 years I think they'll be able to sell a Falcon easy.

I don't see LEGO changing it much from the previous version, but hopefully I'm proven wrong. If it doesn't change much, a $600 USD price tag is good. If it has changes that warrant $800 USD, my guess is that we're easily looking at a 6,000 piece set.

Either way, the original was $970 in Australia and I'm confident we're not getting it for less than $1200 if we're lucky. Most likely somewhere around $1400. Which, honestly, I'm happy to pay. The falcon has been my white whale since I got the Death Star and there's no way I'd pay $4000 for the old one.

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

All our prices increased in January. For most it wasn't that noticeable, with a lot of big sets only going up by £10 at most. Obviously with a set that was nearly £400 it was a more significant increase

Luckily can be had from Smyths for £400 so when they next do their 20% off promo anyone wanting a Death Star should be able to get one for £320

If it has an interior and it looks like they tried to make the exterior different, I will happily buy it on day 1!! 

If it is a rehash of 10179 with a new set number and limited details inside, I will have to wait and see. Still not sure about the new Death Star?!

But, a set costing $800, with a PPP ratio of .12¢ comes out to about 6667 pieces. So, this could be, not only the most expensive set Lego has produced. But, the largest! If the 6667 piece count is anywhere close to the real set. Minus the 5179 pieces in the original, that still leaves 1488 pieces for an interior. 

Here hoping!!

Jamie

Just now, jamie75 said:

If it has an interior and it looks like they tried to make the exterior different, I will happily buy it on day 1!! 

If it is a rehash of 10179 with a new set number and limited details inside, I will have to wait and see. Still not sure about the new Death Star?!

But, a set costing $800, with a PPP ratio of .12¢ comes out to about 6667 pieces. So, this could be, not only the most expensive set Lego has produced. But, the largest! If the 6667 piece count is anywhere close to the real set. Minus the 5179 pieces in the original, that still leaves 1488 pieces for an interior. 

Here hoping!!

Jamie

Keep in mind that 10179 couldn't support an interior without massive structural changes.  The model is simply too big to support itself without significant internal framework, which makes an interior difficult at best.  I don't think there's anyway they can pull off a decent interior with 6,667 pieces at the scale of 10179.

It seems that not many people are considering the possibility of the new model being smaller. The old one is known to have not sold overly well (part of why it now costs so much). Part of that is likely the scale: not many people had space for it. 

The new version could well be larger than the standard "playset" versions, but smaller than the old UCS. Being smaller would allow it to better hold itself together, as well as allowing an interior without necessarily adding a substantially greater piece count. 

I don't really care for an interior although it would be cool. I would like to have the set be the same size as the previous UCS Falcon, but it could be smaller. I am ok with it being a bit smaller, but I prefer it to be minifigure scale. It would be extremely difficult to put in an interior at a scale like that though.

The original 10179 was very heavy and has a substantial frame, so it could be difficult for TLG to create something of a similar size with a full interior.  I'd expect that the new set would be fractionally smaller overall, but with a partial interior (possibly the walkway from the cockpit, a central section, plus the hyperdrive).  If they used small removable panels for each area it shouldn't create too many stability issues.  Time will tell, but unless it exceeds £750 it will be a day 1 purchase for me :wub:

10 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

When I warn others not to argue or make off topic comments, that kind of goes for everyone in this thread.  I think adults should be able to figure this out but apparently not.  If you would like to have an off topic discussion, let me know.  This thread is not for calling out fakes, liars, or bullshit.  There is a private forum for that...

So please, be nice all!

Since some people have seen photos: is the Mynock brickbuilt or a new mold?

Also; fantastic news. All scalpers of the 2007 version are sweating right now. I hope Lego will flood the market with this set.

50 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Since some people have seen photos: is the Mynock brickbuilt or a new mold?

Also; fantastic news. All scalpers of the 2007 version are sweating right now. I hope Lego will flood the market with this set.

I think this is a common misconception. Realistically, how many 'scalpers' were there buying up this set 10 years ago? It didn't even sell that well. The reason it's so expensive now is partially for the exact opposite of that, nobody or very few people were stockpiling stuff back then and those sets are far more limited in number. 

For recent examples of LEGO 'scalping', look at the last few retired UCS. Ewok Village, Tumbler, Red 5. They're hardly above rrp because there are so many of them around. 

I've been of the opinion for a while that a new Falcon will be smaller but with a full interior. It would retain a high part count but not be as expensive to produce as smaller parts are used for interiors. 

Edited by NorvernRob

Regarding the new UCS MF:

Spoiler

6Tt8l8N.gif

Awesome news, can't wait to see pics! :excited:

Edited by BrickShady

16 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I don't think LEGO would even consider a limited production run considering the demand among the AFOL community.

I think we need to bear in mind that statements like these are based on assumption rather than actual numbers from research. :classic:

8 hours ago, Schneeds said:

This news is rather staggering.  Given the price inflation of recent years, I fully expected Lego to come out with a 4,000 piece $500 UCS version, if they even did one at all.  Predictably, a set of similar piece count and size to the original would be $600+.  I honestly didn't think they would try to sell a set for that kind of money.

But $800?  A 7,500 piece UCS falcon with an interior is literally the star wars eurobricks poster child for a wishlist set.  How many times on this forum have people wished for such a thing, and now for it to happen is almost incomprehensible.  That said, $800 puts this set wildly out of range for the vast, vast majority of consumers and they are going to have to do something truly special with it to command that kind price.

I certainly hope they do!

A set like this is not meant for the "vast, vast majority of consumers". At all. This is 100% a collector's set and rightfully so. As such Lego don't have to do anything at all special. In fact they dont even have to build an intricated interior. Most of the buyers would be happy for this set to include just the famous room where the characters were playing dejarik. As well as the cockpit. And that's it. Absolutely nothing else. Zilch. Nada. That's all the collectors would need. and it would sell like hotcakes even at $800. This set should not be made for playing. It should be made for displaying. And very likely under custom made perspex or glass dome. :wink:

I for one wish this set is designed with the collectors in mind and comes with a matching price tag.

You want it? Can you afford it? Do you realise its artistic value? Then buy it.

Otherwise, sorry but tough luck. You can't please them all. Even if Lego tried. All you have to do is look at this thread. There's always someone here that will whine and whinge for every set Lego has made. Sorry to sound so tough:grin::classic:

I'm simply speechless... a price point of $600 is just mind-boggling. Here in our country where AFOLs bear the burden of additional taxes on LEGO sets means the overall value of the UCS Falcon can shoot up to $900 USD... crazy, absolutely crazy... :( 

Edited by albertbalanza