Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

On 4/5/2017 at 10:14 AM, Franklinw1234 said:

If they sold it for $100 barely anyone would buy it.

There's hardly any shortage of scalpers at these events. Probably most of them are picked up by those scum anyway.

10 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

There's hardly any shortage of scalpers at these events. Probably most of them are picked up by those scum anyway.

^This. There's already Evilbay listings "pre-selling" the celebration exclusive detention cell block set for hundreds of dollars. 

9 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I didn't say that it's because of the pieces involved. I said there are other costs involved.

The artwork design and planning costs of the box,  the time taken to design and  perfect the set itself and other hidden costs that we don't know about. They don't produce this for free with just the cost of the ink used to print the box and the pieces by themselves... Or do you actually seriously believe that?

As well as the fact I also agreed about the fact it is an exclusive, and the location of where to obtain it. But it is not simply JUST because it is an exclusive...

Planning costs of the box...OK then. I think you're stretching to defend the price at this point. People are already reverse engineering it, so it can't have taken that much time or money to design.

1 hour ago, bootz said:

Planning costs of the box...OK then. I think you're stretching to defend the price at this point. People are already reverse engineering it, so it can't have taken that much time or money to design.

So, because it can be reverse engineered in minutes from an image of something that already exists means it would take pretty much the same time to design? You believe the released design was the first,  last and only design? I can't say it was or wasn't, but it's a bit ignorant for the above statement of reverse engineering to be the only time and cost involved.

You seem to be completely ignoring the fact I have already agreed that the location of the sale and the exclusivity of the set will have raised the price as well, especially as TLG know that every single one of them will be sold so they are pretty much in a free market for what they can charge  within reason. I'm just saying that there are other costs and involved. 

Its not stretching either, it's a simple fact, there are other costs involved whether you choose to believe it or not. 

2 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

So, because it can be reverse engineered in minutes from an image of something that already exists means it would take pretty much the same time to design? You believe the released design was the first,  last and only design? I can't say it was or wasn't, but it's a bit ignorant for the above statement of reverse engineering to be the only time and cost involved.

You seem to be completely ignoring the fact I have already agreed that the location of the sale and the exclusivity of the set will have raised the price as well, especially as TLG know that every single one of them will be sold so they are pretty much in a free market for what they can charge  within reason. I'm just saying that there are other costs and involved. 

Its not stretching either, it's a simple fact, there are other costs involved whether you choose to believe it or not. 

If it were sold in stores it would be a $20-$25 set. You meant to tell me that the design process is what doubles the price of this set over that of a non-exclusive with a similar piece count?

Now, if you wanted to frame your argument as them recouping costs over a much smaller production run than a comparably sized non-exclusive, I could absolutely see that, but that would still mean the price is based on the set's exclusivity.

11 minutes ago, bootz said:

If it were sold in stores it would be a $20-$25 set. You meant to tell me that the design process is what doubles the price of this set over that of a non-exclusive with a similar piece count?

Now, if you wanted to frame your argument as them recouping costs over a much smaller production run than a comparably sized non-exclusive, I could absolutely see that, but that would still mean the price is based on the set's exclusivity.

You literally aren't reading any of my posts are you?! 

I refer to my very first post to which you responded to, to which you uave now just made the very same point that I initially made:

*that it is such a low run production set that they wouldn't be selling thousands upon thousands to recoup costs and make a decent profit.*

Nor did I ever  state that the design process is what exclusively doubles the price, I stated it as an added *factor* to be considered amongst other things, which I have also stated in my posts to which again, you responded to.

If you want to carry on this discussion, feel free to pm me as I've  repeated myself enough times now...

3 hours ago, talon_karrde said:

I hope to see a full Chrome plated C-3PO again. The 40th anniversary and the 4th of May need something special

There are no rumors of this...

But is that the Scout Trooper CCBS in your profile photo? How?

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

That's just a Scout Trooper costume. It's not LEGO anything.

On another note, here's May's mini model in the next magazine.

lego-star-wars-magazine-may-2017-vulture

Looks a little bulky.

Edited by ChristopherLee

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

That's a Scout Trooper from the movie :laugh:

15 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

It's something that I hear from a Lego worker some time ago
The scout trooper it's me and one of my costumes :sweet:

Posting this from what I know so far; ask me questions and I'll throw you in the chamber.  PM me questions and I'll throw you in the chamber.  Again, I'm telling you what I know and will add more as it comes to me...No, I will not reveal my sources.

Start saving your $$$ people, because it looks like there may be a $600 (at least?) UCS set coming out in October (unless LEGO bumps the date which they did with Salve I).  This "rumored' set will most likely contain Hoth Leia, Hoth Han, Chewbacca, Finn, Rey, BB8, Old Man Han...and maybe a Mynock.  No clue on radar at the moment, no clue on interior.

And that's what I got, for now.

9 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Posting this from what I know so far; ask me questions and I'll throw you in the chamber.  PM me questions and I'll throw you in the chamber.  Again, I'm telling you what I know and will add more as it comes to me...No, I will not reveal my sources.

Start saving your $$$ people, because it looks like there may be a $600 (at least?) UCS set coming out in October (unless LEGO bumps the date which they did with Salve I).  This "rumored' set will most likely contain Hoth Leia, Hoth Han, Chewbacca, Finn, Rey, BB8, Old Man Han...and maybe a Mynock.  No clue on radar at the moment, no clue on interior.

It's cool that it has two generations!

So for the 40th anniversary of ANH we get two Hoth themed UCS, hot on the heels of the Insult on Hoth? Granted, the Falcon can be used for any OT/ST setting, but come on. That being said, I guess that is where our missing Hoth Leia went. Now Insult on Hoth is complete.

30 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Thanks @Stash2Sixx - I can't wait :wub: 

If it's of a similar quality to the UCS Snowspeeder remake, I'll be a happy bunny!  Hopefully Chewie will have a Mig welder and mask - and, yes, I've watched that scene far too many times.....  I'm not sure how I'm going to get another UCS set past Mrs Lobot, but at least I've got 6 months to formulate a cunning plan!

16 minutes ago, bootz said:

So for the 40th anniversary of ANH we get two Hoth themed UCS, hot on the heels of the Insult on Hoth? Granted, the Falcon can be used for any OT/ST setting, but come on. That being said, I guess that is where our missing Hoth Leia went. Now Insult on Hoth is complete.

It's an odd figure line up and not that imaginative but let's face it this is a release where the set is the main selling point and not the figures. I need to get a saving jar on the go.

52 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

there is an interior.  Seen a pic of it on someone's phone who works in Billund.  

12 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Finally Lego is giving us what we want. 

Mynock.

All they need to do is create a hybrid between an Ewok Glider and a Rathtar, it shouldn't be too difficult!  And, there's also the potential for an extra selling point for the set - they could also include respirators for Han, Chewie & Leia :wink:

Stash... no questions... just thanks. Big bags of thanks. 

Sounds like an absolute blinder!

1 hour ago, bootz said:

I was thinking just the same. Its very strange that the 40th anniversary of ANH really doesent have any ANH sets (except the Landspeeder set, witch is an exclusive..).

The again : TLC's realeases have NEVER followed any logic. 

52 minutes ago, Lahh001 said:

there is an interior.  Seen a pic of it on someone's phone who works in Billund.  

Please, could you elaborate... What are we talking about... a full interior, or just partial...

Like a play-set, that opens up... or something else?

10 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Please, could you elaborate... What are we talking about... a full interior, or just partial...

Like a play-set, that opens up... or something else?

I will laugh so hard if it's just a playset of the interior, with no outer shell :pir_laugh2:

12 minutes ago, David Thomsen said:

I will laugh so hard if it's just a playset of the interior, with no outer shell :pir_laugh2:

Hehe, If the price is above $600, then it's not gonna be just a play set of the interior.

I was thinking Sandcrawler-type playset - i.e. a full exterior, that opens up to reveal rooms inside.