Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

We are just a few days ahead of getting to know which figure it will be, do people really need to write a thesis in speculation... just wait and see, you have some extra time, clean your toilet!

Edited by Sneakguest

This has officially gone from rumor to speculation. Please stop speculating about the May the 4th promo fig. Wait for more facts.

Speculating is more on topic than mini-modding.

Are the TLJ sets are out in september or later?
Also is there an as of yet unrevealed summer exclusive or have we seen them all?
( If there is one I hope its rebels themed)

41 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

This has officially gone from rumor to speculation. Please stop speculating about the May the 4th promo fig. Wait for more facts.

Can we get an official statement of what this thread is supposed to be from your perspective?

Using logic and analysis to bring clarity to cryptic and ambiguous statements by 'people in the know' would seem to be clearly within the spirit of a discussion board on rumors.  Wildly speculating without justification and proposing analysis from limited information seem to be clearly different things; one being well within the purview of this forum while the other isn't.

2 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Speculating is more on topic than mini-modding.

Are the TLJ sets are out in september or later?
Also is there an as of yet unrevealed summer exclusive or have we seen them all?
( If there is one I hope its rebels themed)

TLJ sets are coming out September 1st during Force Friday.

The rumored summer exclusive set is Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter with booster ring from Ep II, but nothing is confirmed as of now.

1 hour ago, Sportzjester said:

Can we get an official statement of what this thread is supposed to be from your perspective?

Using logic and analysis to bring clarity to cryptic and ambiguous statements by 'people in the know' would seem to be clearly within the spirit of a discussion board on rumors.  Wildly speculating without justification and proposing analysis from limited information seem to be clearly different things; one being well within the purview of this forum while the other isn't.

Right now, there's no way to lay out a black and white rule for what is a rumor and what is speculation. The first is allowed in this topic, the 2nd is frowned upon or not allowed depending on the severity. Talking about official information or well supported rumors is what this thread is for. When the discussion moves down the road of talking about someone's ideas about someone else's theories about a supposed rumor is where we start to get into that no-fly zone.

You claim that logic and analysis is being used in the lists being created for what characters could be used for May the 4th, but really it's just wish lists of non-represented characters.

5 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Right now, there's no way to lay out a black and white rule for what is a rumor and what is speculation. The first is allowed in this topic, the 2nd is frowned upon or not allowed depending on the severity. Talking about official information or well supported rumors is what this thread is for. When the discussion moves down the road of talking about someone's ideas about someone else's theories about a supposed rumor is where we start to get into that no-fly zone.

You claim that logic and analysis is being used in the lists being created for what characters could be used for May the 4th, but really it's just wish lists of non-represented characters.

My list had 15ish figures all from a new hope  it will most likely be 1 of them on my list

But just listing figures from ANH and saying it's probably one of them is almost pointless. It just feels like posting something for the sake of it. Nobody is confirming or denying anything.

If there's no news then the thread should go quiet. 

Where did this 'it's an ANH figure' thing come from anyway? Yes, I guess it aligns well with the fact it's the 40th anniversary of ANH this year, but I can't even remember where this rumour has come from, and none of the pretty reliable sources like CM4Sci or Stash have spoke a word about this, as far as I can recall.

16 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

This is who it could be

Biggs darklighter

General dodonaa

Red leader

Biggs darklighter with his outfit in the deleted scenes

Luke Skywalker with his hat from deleted scenes

Captain antilles

Cantina bar tender

Bonda baba

Dr evazan

Updated greedo

Aunt beru

Imperial officer from board room

Just had wedge

Well of the figures on this list I know that greedo is not coming which I'm not surprised about but there is one more figure it could be 

Hologram leia

You forgot the guy in the cantina scene who held the boom mic! *Rolls eyes*

Hey, let's list ALL Star Wars characters ever and call it a day - one or more of them will eventually be a minifig in a set, a promotional item or whatever.

Neat! :sceptic::laugh:

Just now, BrickHat said:

According to The Brick Fan, the May the 4th promo will be the R2 polybag:

Not necessarily. @ChristopherLee said he knows the figure (and while he's not a leaker I trust him)

Besides, the article says

A reader has emailed in details and they were told that it will be the brick-built LEGO Star Wars R2-D2 (30611) polybag.

It could be a misinformed reader for all we know.

9 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Which narrows my list to

• Luke
  • Leia
  • Beru
  • Dodonna
  • Wedge
  • Biggs
  • Vader
  • Tarkin
  • Motti
  • Tagge

@ChristopherLee seeking confirmation that at least one of these is right?

I don't think the figure is Vader or tarkin since there is nothing to change

Regardless of which figure it is.....every year it frustrates me that the fig is given away before the new sets are released.

Rogue One sets? Got 'em when they were released last year. Winter wave? the ones I wanted were first day purchases in the Lego store.

I'm waiting and saving for the summer wave (Quadjumper, Rathtar etc) and the TLJ sets....and (just like always) will get them when they're released.

'First day buyers' (or people who buy sets shortly after they're released) are 'punished' for getting sets early....Just like with Revan, Yularen etc I'll have to get sets I don't want or pay big $$$$ on Bricklink. Lego should reward folks who get sets early instead of this.  just my 2 cents.

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

4 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

If it is the R2-D2 build then the figure I saw must be for some other upcoming promo. He'll be released sometime this year nonetheless.

Can you please tell us who the figure is?

23 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

If it is the R2-D2 build then the figure I saw must be for some other upcoming promo. He'll be released sometime this year nonetheless.

So we now know that the figure is not aunt beru of Leia 

24 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Lego should reward folks who get sets early instead of this.  just my 2 cents.

Because you naturally would want to get your favorite sets early, but many would need motivation to get sets between January & July. I guess that's why LEGO does promos around May. (Plus it is Star Wars day…)

3 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

So we now know that the figure is not aunt beru of Leia 

True ;)

Just now, LOBOT-OMY said:

Christ this is tedious !!!  it's gonna be a Bantha.  :laugh:

If it is a big fig bantha that would be so awesome

NO! NO! NO!

Nobody had confirmed A New Hope Promo Minifigure for May 4th at all. Someone said a few pages back "an OT- era" character. That is not even confirming A New Hope.

This could easily be RO, ANH, TESB or TROTJ. Just because of 40 years since ANH this May does not mean it is ANH. This load of bricks better stop here!