Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, Brickr said:

Simples! buy two sets = FOUR Gauvians!

But... but... but then you'd have an EXTRA rathtar!!  And still one Guavian short of a full squad. :laugh:

I do find this news irritating as it was a big pull for me to get the set and have a decent sized Guavian Death Gang out of the box. They put 3 Bith musicians in 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina so I figured we were safe from this sort of bean counting/belt tightening whatever it is... dammit.  I would not have noticed this until the box was in my hands. :cry_sad:

The original image (as far as I can tell) was a digital reconstruction of the set. So my guess is, when they were remaking the set in LDD (or whatever program they used) based of the images they had seen, they made a mistake on the number of Guavian Troopers.

22 hours ago, David Thomsen said:

Strangely, I'm more inclined to believe strong rumours than what Lego actually say about whether there are any plans...

Yep, even if there were plans they wouldn't reveal them on FB just because someone asked.

12 hours ago, darththeling said:

But... but... but then you'd have an EXTRA rathtar!!  And still one Guavian short of a full squad. :laugh:

I do find this news irritating as it was a big pull for me to get the set and have a decent sized Guavian Death Gang out of the box. They put 3 Bith musicians in 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina so I figured we were safe from this sort of bean counting/belt tightening whatever it is... dammit.  I would not have noticed this until the box was in my hands. :cry_sad:

Sorry to hear that the stretch of the Sahara you are marooned in can't receive bricklink or eBay orders BUT can get boxed 2017 Star Wars sets. I'll never understand the Saharan postal service and their quirks!

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

Did anyone ever speculate that the May the 4th minifigure would be that Bespin Lando that everyone thought was fake??

Hmm... sounds interesting. I hope it's not though, 2 Landos in one year?? (after several years without any?)

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Did anyone ever speculate that the May the 4th minifigure would be that Bespin Lando that everyone thought was fake??

Everyone thought it was fake because it was fake. And confirmed as such every which way.

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

It's not the figure is from a new hope

Just a bit of warning, prison bricks article is a bit spoiler inclined. If you want to go into the film with a clean slate I'd avoid it. 

I'm not too fussed to be fair. I read it and it was an interestingly insight "if true" but some folk would appreciate a spoiler tag.

3 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

It's not the figure is from a new hope

Given that we know the figure has been 'highly desired for a while' and from ANH, we should try to trim down the possibilities.

Who are the only characters, likely who had at least a couple spoken lines, that never have had a mini figure (and would be desirable)? I think the list is quite small.

Force Ghost Ben Kenobi and Jan Dodonna are the two most prominent characters that fit those characteristics. Who else can we add?

24 minutes ago, Sportzjester said:

Given that we know the figure has been 'highly desired for a while' and from ANH, we should try to trim down the possibilities.

Who are the only characters, likely who had at least a couple spoken lines, that never have had a mini figure (and would be desirable)? I think the list is quite small.

Force Ghost Ben Kenobi and Jan Dodonna are the two most prominent characters that fit those characteristics. Who else can we add?

Force ghost obi wan is not in a new hope

18 minutes ago, Sportzjester said:

There was no Force Ghost Kenobi from ANH but we can hope, 

We could possibly get Biggs Darklighter from that deleted scene, Wedge Antillies could be another because recently he was in Rebels, 

This is who it could be

Biggs darklighter

General dodonaa

Red leader

Biggs darklighter with his outfit in the deleted scenes

Luke Skywalker with his hat from deleted scenes

Captain antilles

Cantina bar tender

Bonda baba

Dr evazan

Updated greedo

Aunt beru

Imperial officer from board room

Just now, MakeNLego said:

There was no Force Ghost Kenobi from ANH but we can hope, 

We could possibly get Biggs Darklighter from that deleted scene, Wedge Antillies could be another because recently he was in Rebels, 

Just had wedge

Aunt Beru or Dodonna are good guesses. They're the only ones on that list that are important enough to be 'highly desired.' We just got a greedo in the cantina less than four years ago, so I doubt he's it.

7 minutes ago, Cult_Of_Skaro said:

Aunt Beru or Dodonna are good guesses. They're the only ones on that list that are important enough to be 'highly desired.' We just got a greedo in the cantina less than four years ago, so I doubt he's it.

The only reason I put greedo on the list is because maybe they could update him again and give him arm printing

I don't believe it was ever said by the original source that the May the 4th promotional was from A New Hope. Where are you guys getting this from?

12 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

I don't believe it was ever said by the original source that the May the 4th promotional was from A New Hope. Where are you guys getting this from?

I talked to Christopher Lee and he told me that it was from a new hope

Stop guessing! You'Il get the thread locked again. Be patient. 

1 hour ago, will said:

Stop guessing! You'Il get the thread locked again. Be patient. 

Seconded. Any listing would just be wild speculation with nothing to back any of it up. As much as there's a couple of people on that list I'd like it to be there's nothing to say it's going to be any of them. 

One thing is pretty much definite though and that is it's not that Lando figure which was pretty much set up to look like a leak but was quite poorly done.

I've been avoiding this thread for a while now, lurking back every once in a while, but as I can see not much has changed....:look:

Maybe it would be better to lock it until something comes along that's worth speculating about, but this continuous guessing out of thin air is ridiculous really..

Or rename it "Lego Star Wars 2017 Wild guesses and unconfirmed half-informations"  :hmpf_bad:

Are the new sets in store when the maythe4th promotion is happening? Seeing all these rumours about it being a highly anticipated anh character i need to make a plan what i want to buy (if the figs is interesting -for instance ponda baba-)

17 minutes ago, Borex said:

Are the new sets in store when the maythe4th promotion is happening? Seeing all these rumours about it being a highly anticipated anh character i need to make a plan what i want to buy (if the figs is interesting -for instance ponda baba-)

Only the Snowspeeder, I believe.  The rest are set for a June release.