Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Looks great from different angles. This is far better than 10129.

Looks like there are lots of stickers..

10 minutes ago, jhoya said:

LOL. The worst UCS release to date? Assault on Hoth, anyone? It has been 14 years since the original. Lego showed with 10240 they will remake UCS sets. Here's hoping there is another remake in September.

I don't mind the Assault on Hoth. It had pretty good figures, and it was a pretty good playset overall and it's target consumer is more than just Star Wars AFOL's. I think everyone just over hyped it and was disappointed when it came out and just went a long with what everyone else was saying. 

That being said, I have nothing against the design of the ship. But in terms of scale of other ships it doesn't fit, and I just don't see the appeal. But good on you guys who are excited for it :thumbup:

Ucs Snowspeeder is meh to me: too many stickers (albeit useful ones), not that interesting design. Minifigures are whole other problem! They are very detailed which is nice, but the faces are still horrible smiley faces for both of pilots. Why can't Lego make new faces for pilots especially in 200$ set that would look more appropriate? Overall this set has no appeal for me, and is another dissapointment after Insult on Hoth from last year.

They need to megablucking change that Rebel pilot head. It's so annoying.

The Snowspeeder looks good but seems a bit too clean. It almost looks like a MOC.

Really nice that the guns actually angle inward slightly. The mechanism for the top air breaks seems fun too, but not too complicated or special of course. I love the overall shaping, the cockpit interior, the lower air breaks and the back section.

Edited by JekPorkchops

I don't know if TLG is trolling us. Just like the angry clone trooper head on every clone trooper/Stormtroopers, it seems like generic scared pilot faces on every rebel pilot is becoming a thing now.

The new windshield and angled guns are quite neat. They really go for the accuracy of the model this time around.

The moving features are really cool, I'll give it that. Looks really wobbly to me though :sceptic:

Edited by Ashnflash

It is quite a good model. :)

I like the technic functions, even though they are quite simple. The underside seems to have a lot of details as well (or at least more than what we have on so many sets...).
Stickers are a bad news, especially on the windscreen.

2 things that I don't like much :

- I wish the cooling system at the back were black, not dark bluish gray

- the tilt canons. with the offset, the model seems rather missbuilt than realistic.

1 minute ago, Anio said:

It is quite a good model. :)

I like the technic functions, even though they are quite simple. The underside seems to have a lot of details as well (or at least more than what we have on so many sets...).
Stickers are a bad news, especially on the windscreen.

2 things that I don't like much :

- I wish the cooling system at the back were black, not dark bluis gray

- the tilt canons. with the offset, the model seems rather missbuilt than realistic.

windscreen stickers <shudder> I have bad memories of the UCS X-Wings cockpit stickers...

This looks soooo much better than the previous UCS Snowspeeder. It has a nifty landing gear! So much interior detailing! And the action on the top flaps looks really nice. I do wish TLG would re-introduce a lighter gray color that splits the difference between white and Light Bluish Gray... this set would have benefited from it. Stickers aren't ideal, but you know you don't have to apply them if you don't want to...

This Lego fan is definitely going to buy the new UCS Snowspeeder.  I do not own the previous version, but based on the pictures, the new version is an upgrade.  The top air flaps and the rear gun/harpoon movement features are cool.  I also like the ability to tilt the display stand.

The stickers do not bother me since in my opinion they do not add much to the model.  I do not plan on applying them, other than the plaque sticker.

I doubt that one of the pilots is Zev Senesca.  Zev is named in set 8083 and his helmet in set 8083 is significantly different than either pilots helmet in the new UCS Snowspeeder.

I think its nice but I doubt I will get one

hoping for the falcon rumours to be true and it will have an interior

to be honest the recent announcements have left me a bit cold which will be good for my bank balance

1 hour ago, makoy said:

I don't know if TLG is trolling us. Just like the angry clone trooper head on every clone trooper/Stormtroopers, it seems like generic scared pilot faces on every rebel pilot is becoming a thing now.

Especially since it's such a bad head! Both sides look comically overexpressive. UCS models are meant for display, not playing - even the old Zev Senesca head would fit better.

Model looks really good though. The features are beautifully done, cockpit looks appropriately cluttered.

I'm excited, it's a very iconic star wars ship and nice for those of us that missed out on the first UCS version, and is a very nice display piece. As some have said, the  The excessive amount of stickers don't really bother me.. it's been the norm for a decade now. Printed would be nice, but it's hard to justify making so many exclusive printed pieces just for one set if you're a Lego executive, I'd imagine.

I'll be calling my local Lego store every day the week before launch, as they typically get these sets in early :)

That looks beautiful! :wub:

Well done, TLG!  My faith in UCS has been restored in a single move; definitely a purchase for me on May 4th.  Hopefully they'll do something equally impressive for the promo; I'll be interested to see what's on offer.  According to the press release on Brickset the UK RRP is £169.99, which is £10 less than both the TIE Fighter and Slave 1 (following the post-new year/pre-Brexit price-hike).  I guess it could be an error, but perhaps TLG have realised that the price adjustments hadn't been that well received by UK AFOLS!

Finally a set that I'm actually looking forward to buying, and building!

Second that Lobot, yes less stickers would have been ideal, but it has some nice features and updates since the original and looks fantastic - defo a day 1 buy for me....

£169.99 sounds a very good price for that set. The cockpit is nicely detailed. And I like that they've included two pilots as well.

It's a solid model, but it's a re-make, and the Snowspeeder has never really interested me. The figs aren't really desirable, and, as with all UCS sets, it'll be insanely expensive. Easy pass on this one.