Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but there are fresh pics of the new Aayla minifigure up on some of the FB news/leak pages.

Low res but still worth a look.

36 minutes ago, FishW said:

What I can tell you is that the minifig seems to be really similar to Hasbro's 2005 figure called At-te tank gunner. It was under the ROTS line, though I don't believe it was ever in the movie. Here is a link to a review of the figure which is where got most of my info(links like this are allowed I think?) http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=1034

From the images we've seen, I'm fairly certain the minifigure is based on this action figure.

Millenium Falcon UCS rumors are seriously the most interesting rumor that has been going on for a while - all because of what could possibly be one one of the most anticipated UCS sets ever. Can we talk more about that please?

Full interior this time would be fantastic - given the previous falcon being from a time where interior weren't a thing (café corner) i think the remake this time around makes so much sense, a lot more than say, the Death Star (Which unarguably is an ugly model, but with great play value) 

The only thing that could go wrong would be if Lego decided to do a smaller model for keeping the costs down.. 

Literally holding my breath. 

1 hour ago, Matti said:

Millenium Falcon UCS rumors are seriously the most interesting rumor that has been going on for a while - all because of what could possibly be one one of the most anticipated UCS sets ever. Can we talk more about that please?

Full interior this time would be fantastic - given the previous falcon being from a time where interior weren't a thing (café corner) i think the remake this time around makes so much sense, a lot more than say, the Death Star (Which unarguably is an ugly model, but with great play value) 

The only thing that could go wrong would be if Lego decided to do a smaller model for keeping the costs down.. 

Literally holding my breath. 

What you request to be done belongs in the future star wars thread (what you want/hope for)... This thread already has enough clutter of non actual rumour stuff... 

Actually I've been tracking the rumour list here and someone mentioned there is an interior for the alleged UCS MF. Allegedly.

Rumour

"an unofficial interesting story or piece of news that might be true or invented, and quickly spreads from person to person"

So imho everything from UCS Millenium Falcon over B-Wing to maybe a life-sized Jabba the hut bust belongs in here, no matter the source.

21 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Have we had any more news on that Jedi Starfighter that was rumoured to be a store exclusive for this Summer? Or should we just discard that?

If it's still on the list, it still has good chances of being real.

It's very likely not the exclusive, though. The exclusive always gets leaked/announced much, much later while the rumor for the JSF has been around for ages. (Last year the Rebel Frigate wasn't known until mid May.) A JSF also seems small for a summer exclusive set given that those are usually $100+.

48 minutes ago, Criss said:

Rumour

"an unofficial interesting story or piece of news that might be true or invented, and quickly spreads from person to person"

So imho everything from UCS Millenium Falcon over B-Wing to maybe a life-sized Jabba the hut bust belongs in here, no matter the source.

I was talking of him wanting to discuss what he wanted to see in it, NOT whether the UCS mf rumour was true or not. There are no further details of rumours of the UCS mf, therefore there is no need to bring it up just for the sake of wanting to talk about how one hopes it to be. 

'might be true or invented'

And that right there is where this thread slightly differs. There has to be some weight to it or everyone could happily invent whatever they wanted and this thread would be pointless. 

Pm me if you wish to continue this as I don't want to clog this thread more than it is.

I noticed something curious: In the last couple of years we got a few "inconnected" sets, like the Turbo Tank or the Duel on Naboo. And, after them, we had something related in the movies or Rebels.

For example, we saw a Turbo Tank in Rogue One, and we had the duel between Kenobi and Maul. We had this year another A-Wing (the red/white from RotJ) and it was leaked an A-Wing for the Epsiode VIII. Or the Luke's landspeeder, we will see a similar one in TLJ too.

I just wonder now if the Yoda's Starfighter set points to see Yoda in TLJ.

Edited by hachiroku

5 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

I noticed something curious: In the last couple of years we got a few "inconnected" sets, like the Turbo Tank or the Duel on Naboo. And, after them, we had something related in the movies or Rebels.

For example, we saw a Turbo Tank in Rogue One, and we had the duel between Kenobi and Maul. We had this year another A-Wing (the red/white from RotJ) and it was leaked an A-Wing for the Epsiode VIII. Or the Luke's landspeeder, we will see a similar one in TLJ too.

I just wonder now if the Yoda's Starfighter set points to see Yoda in TLJ.

You are reading way into it. 

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

If it's still on the list, it still has good chances of being real.

It's very likely not the exclusive, though. The exclusive always gets leaked/announced much, much later while the rumor for the JSF has been around for ages. (Last year the Rebel Frigate wasn't known until mid May.) A JSF also seems small for a summer exclusive set given that those are usually $100+.

Well the rumor has been it includes the Hyperdrive Docking Ring, which would bump up the price significantly. Also, if it comes with young Boba Fett it could potentially have a part of Kamino such as one of the landing pad lights.

Or, the Jedi Starfighter could be a codename or some cover for something else entirely. Last year, rumor lists had Anakin's Podracer for a Winter 2016 release which ended up being 75135 Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor. This went as far to the point where on barcodes at Target had the name "Anakin's Podracer" as well. Right now Target has barcodes for Guardians of the Galaxy sets that say something along the lines of "Confidential 1" instead of the actual name of the set. So, since we haven't heard anything about this set since it was first rumored, I think there is still a chance that it could be something entirely different, although I hope not.

Why is there still no reveal on the ucs snow speeder and may the Fourth figure because didn't cm4sci say the reveal was coming in the middle of March?

59 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Why is there still no reveal on the ucs snow speeder and may the Fourth figure because didn't cm4sci say the reveal was coming in the middle of March?

My guess is that they're trying to delay the reveal of the UCS Snowspeeder until the last moment, to minimise the chances of it being 'cloned' even before it's released!  Earlier this month a fake version of the new POTC Silent Mary appeared, and that was within 24 hours of the first images of the official LEGO set!  It's pretty shocking to be honest, and I can see why TLG are being so cautious about leaks at the moment - hopefully the lawyers will eventually fix the problem :look: 

Just now, Lobot said:

My guess is that they're trying to delay the reveal of the UCS Snowspeeder until the last moment, to minimise the chances of it being 'cloned' even before it's released!  Earlier this month a fake version of the new POTC Silent Mary appeared, and that was within 24 hours of the first images of the official LEGO set!  It's pretty shocking to be honest, and I can see why TLG are being so cautious about leaks at the moment - hopefully the lawyers will eventually fix the problem :look: 

That's crazy because how do the knock off brands make these sets so quickly?

8 hours ago, Matti said:

3 hours ago, Criss said:

Rumour

Maybe you should both read the past few pages and the first page before getting yourselves chambered. Source does matter for our rumors and helps dictate what we should be talking about.

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They just revealed the snow speeder on Legos facebook

Yes I just saw it. Looks good! Pity I don't have money to burn on it right now though. Who are the pilots included? That black helmet looks really cool.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LEGO/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10154538357673403

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They just revealed the snow speeder on Legos facebook

Man, you are fast! Beat me to it. "Collect a true Star Wars classic. The LEGO Star Wars Snowspeeder will be taking off into flight this May!"

For what it's worth, I think they were holding out the Snowspeeder UCS announcement for this weeks' The Star Wars Show, which I haven't watched yet but they've included the reveal as part of the video.

Edited by darththeling

Seeing the official images now, to me this is the worst Star Wars UCS released to date. I don't see the appeal at all. The only people this set is really marketed to is UCS Star Wars, and they've already released one... So this does not make sense to me, probably should've been a UCS relating to Rogue One. 

3 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Seeing the official images now, to me this is the worst Star Wars UCS released to date. I don't see the appeal at all. The only people this set is really marketed to is UCS Star Wars, and they've already released one... So this does not make sense to me, probably should've been a UCS relating to Rogue One. 

LOL. The worst UCS release to date? Assault on Hoth, anyone? It has been 14 years since the original. Lego showed with 10240 they will remake UCS sets. Here's hoping there is another remake in September.

Edited by jhoya

Just as we were talking about how they revealed it so late, LEGO decided to reveal it.

Eh. It's ok I guess, but not too attractive either.

17362795_10154538358293403_3058379964856

17457695_10154538357968403_3134724808234

17458277_10154538357958403_7005323937983

17426226_10154538358438403_4619814802996

17426057_10154538358148403_1649739422371

17457531_10154538358128403_7005149786157

17458067_10154538358503403_1204644306811

17425176_10154538358383403_2270683748902

17426077_10154538357743403_2674209197235

17362914_10154538358313403_3554269762407

17362733_10154538357733403_7545768204360

17426175_10154538358278403_3599650752326

17424661_10154538357848403_6103044347666

17458166_10154538358158403_6210935536977

17424913_10154538358408403_6592887419484

17362804_10154538357843403_7270966312990

17458048_10154538357738403_7172407710755

That face is annoying.

17458069_10154538357858403_1531130710559

Edited by VaderFan2187

The design itself is not bad but there are several issues with it:

- Lego fed us up with snowspeeder throughout the years ( one in 2014, yet another in 2016 and a UCS in 2017 ). 

- This is a remake of an existing UCS set.

- I don't usually mind stickers, but that many on a UCS set is a let down. 

- Sick and tired of named pilots using the same face print. In a UCS set of all things.

I'm eagerly awaiting what kind of May of the 4th fig we are gonna get...

As I predicted. No dual molding on Bossk, thus making the figure look unnecessarily outdated in this day and age.
The norm for Star Wars minifigures, it seems, even though dual molding happens on some other (smaller) themes in abundance...

And of course! Extra detailed Star Wars minifigures with arm printing... only available in overly expensive UCS sets that, once bought, render the rest of your pilots incompatible.
I'm finding these money-raking tricks a bit dirty. Plenty of other themes get arm printing and even dual molding all around even in small sets, but for Star Wars, it's made exclusive to only the most expensive sets...

Edited by General Magma