Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

13 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

It's an OT-era character. I can't give specifics.

That's good to hear, after last years disappointment it terms of generic figure polybags, it's time to revive the likes of Yularen and Darth Revan

18 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Is it a character we've received before, or at least in a long while?

3 hours ago, nikhkin said:

I really don't think this makes it any more credible. You could ask the question "Do you think they will ever make X as a theme/set" about anything and get the response "it is possible".

I disagree. There has been a lot of attention given to this rumor in the press/blogs, not to mention the endless chatter about it in forums like this one. TLG had an opportunity to shoot that rumor down with a simple response like “great idea, but nothing planned at the moment”. (If you’ve ever watched a Q&A session with Hasbro, their reps say this 100 times an hour, and probably recite it in their sleep.) Instead, the LEGO rep gave a coy answer that only serves to feed the rumor… I seriously doubt they would do that if the Falcon weren’t coming soon.

5 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I disagree. There has been a lot of attention given to this rumor in the press/blogs, not to mention the endless chatter about it in forums like this one. TLG had an opportunity to shoot that rumor down with a simple response like “great idea, but nothing planned at the moment”. (If you’ve ever watched a Q&A session with Hasbro, their reps say this 100 times an hour, and probably recite it in their sleep.) Instead, the LEGO rep gave a coy answer that only serves to feed the rumor… I seriously doubt they would do that if the Falcon weren’t coming soon.

The rumors from good leakers here in the forum and that grin on her face says it all to me, I'm saving beastmodez now :D

5 hours ago, GallardoLU said:

that lends a significant amount of credibility to the rumor we've been hearing for a few months now, of course without providing anything certain. the simple fact that a Lego Rep said "It is possible" is actually quite telling. 1st, this means that Lego have in fact been looking into the idea of re-releasing it in some form. and 2nd, Lego feels comfortable (or at least this rep) in acknowledging this idea, meaning that their current projection is favorable for a re-release of it both in manufacturing demand and projected sales. so it can be inferred that a Licensed set of similar popularity, size, and cost is in our future. we can't know if that is a 2017 release or some other year but it is good to see that they are trying to fill a long asked for demand. so I for one count the UCS Millennium Falcon rerelease as imminent.

I don't think it lends any more credibility to the rumor at all. It's a marketing person answering the question with spin. However, in the written article the author mentions that TLG could release UCS Falcon 2.0 to combat the flood of Lepin knock-off's. This, I believe, is more likely a valid reason we'll see it released sooner rather than later. The UCS Falcon is their hero model. It's literally being stolen by a dodgy company and Lego have no current way to combat the loss of IP and potential income due to weak IP laws in certain countries. The only reason the knock-off is viable is due to the huge price differential. Even if they copied a new version the price difference would be so much smaller that it would make the clone much less appealing.  

40 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

But from A New Hope?

Practically everyone from that film has made in the last 4-5 years. Even you can still buy Luke and Han with medals. The only one I can imagine being representative of that movie and interesting is Biggs Darklighter.

There are others like Ponda Baba and Evazan, the bartender or Aunt Beru, but I can't see them coming.

Anyway, I'm quite dissapoint with this year. I really missed a Tantive IV or some other medium-big set from Episode IV.

Edited by hachiroku

51 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Mon Mothma? She's only had one figure (which is very outdated).
Given that she's central to both Rogue One and A New Hope, she's desirable to Rogue One fans and ANH Anniversary promos as well. 

23 minutes ago, Sportzjester said:

Mon Mothma? She's only had one figure (which is very outdated).
Given that she's central to both Rogue One and A New Hope, she's desirable to Rogue One fans and ANH Anniversary promos as well. 

Well, Mon Mothma is technically not in A New Hope, but I suppose you could say that she is indirectly central to the plot, via Rogue One.

If "ChristopherLee" says it's an OT-era character (italics mine), could that possibly mean Rogue One as well, since it takes place directly before?  Does RO qualify as OT-era?

I think we're just guessing now but logically its most likely gonna be from ANH or multiple films and hopefully someone not made before (at least not this variation of them) and not likely to be in a set, the best possibility would be medal chewbacca :laugh: or how about an extra pouch sandtrooper?

Though in all seriousness I'd hope for Dodonna, but a special edition version of one of the core characters seems most likely to me.

And this is the problem with this thread.  It has turned into a page of wild speculation about who might be the May the 4th figure.

Yes, you guys are guessing.  No confirmation on anything yet.

First page updated.

53 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

First page updated.

Alright! So BB8 confirmed, UCS Falcon looking good and minifig lineups of TLJ sets partially known:

75189 - 2 Stormtroopers? Rey?, ?, Luke?

75188 - Poe?, Pilot, Officer?

75179 - Kylo Ren, ?, ?, maybe 1 more?

75176 - BB8, Finn, ?

75177 - 2 ?, ?, ?

Interesting stuff. The big four get split across four different sets as expected. Last one is probably the TIE Striker/FO Snowspeeder of the wave, i.e. a military vehicle with no named characters.

Wait a minute, why is UCS BB-8 confirmed all of a sudden? Where's the source? All I can find is the several pages of this thread rambling about it because someone took a wild guess and suggested it.

9 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Wait a minute, why is UCS BB-8 confirmed all of a sudden? Where's the source? All I can find is the several pages of this thread rambling about it because someone took a wild guess and suggested it.

Who says it's confirmed ?

EDIT: oh okay just saw this in the OP.. well yes this is weird nobody really confirmed we'd be getting it.. it's all speculation. But if it is true BB-8 is the third UCS this year, that's fine with me, that's one more set I'm not interested in !

Edited by Martinouchou

So the rumoured last jedi set with bb8 and finn has the lowest number, does this mean i can finally get bb8 at a reasonable price....

I didn't get either xwing because i already have the last one, and the falcon is out of my budget still, and the jakku, quadjumper, and advent sets just don't have value to me, but hopefully the time has come

I am still waiting for a lego big-fig Bantha, but I doubt it will ever happen.

P.S, was Saw Gerrera released in any of the R1 sets?  I am sure he was in one of the sets, but maybe not?  :sceptic:

Edited by LOBOT-OMY
context

2 hours ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

I am still waiting for a lego big-fig Bantha, but I doubt it will ever happen.

P.S, was Saw Gerrera released in any of the R1 sets?  I am sure he was in one of the sets, but maybe not?  :sceptic:

I'm sure we'd all love a Bantha polybag...:tongue:

Nope, Saw Gerrera was a glaring omission from the Rogue One lineup.

Force Ghost Obi-Wan would be cool.

Also, the first post is updated with new sets, but still missing all of the information we've gotten about the Summer sets. :sceptic:

19 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

The May 4 figure is not R2, instead it will be another character made in celebration of the 40th anniversary. Much better than 2016. Many people will be happy with it.  

:wink:

I think its a pretty reasonable assumption that the R2 polybag will coincide as a promotion with the impending UCS Snowspeeder, given its scale. Obviously, I have only my opinion to back that logic up, but still. 

6 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

So the rumoured last jedi set with bb8 and finn has the lowest number, does this mean i can finally get bb8 at a reasonable price....

Yes! I don't have one either :laugh:

2 hours ago, Chewk said:

I think its a pretty reasonable assumption that the R2 polybag will coincide as a promotion with the impending UCS Snowspeeder, given its scale. Obviously, I have only my opinion to back that logic up, but still. 

Hmm… seems likely, only thing is that the snowspeeder has no astromech socket.

8 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

I didn't get either xwing because i already have the last one, and the falcon is out of my budget still, and the jakku, quadjumper, and advent sets just don't have value to me, but hopefully the time has come

You can get it for around 4-5 euros from BL, then probably 1-2 euros extra with shipping.. that's pretty reasonable

29 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

You can get it for around 4-5 euros from BL, then probably 1-2 euros extra with shipping.. that's pretty reasonable

I dont do a lot of shopping online but thanks anyways