Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

That's a bit different from the usual May 4th minifig offering, but I do like it.

That pretty much confirms the may the fourth promo. I don't know how to feel about it; it's a nice build and it's different, but I would have liked either Saw or Galen better. 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

that lends a significant amount of credibility to the rumor we've been hearing for a few months now, of course without providing anything certain. the simple fact that a Lego Rep said "It is possible" is actually quite telling. 1st, this means that Lego have in fact been looking into the idea of re-releasing it in some form. and 2nd, Lego feels comfortable (or at least this rep) in acknowledging this idea, meaning that their current projection is favorable for a re-release of it both in manufacturing demand and projected sales. so it can be inferred that a Licensed set of similar popularity, size, and cost is in our future. we can't know if that is a 2017 release or some other year but it is good to see that they are trying to fill a long asked for demand. so I for one count the UCS Millennium Falcon rerelease as imminent.

At this point TLG has to be aware of the rumors swirling around a UCS Falcon... I think if it weren't coming in the next year, the rep would have taken the opportunity to say something very different, to lower expectations and throw some cold water on the rumors. 

It's not a bad promo, I guess, but there are certainly more desirable characters, especially from Rogue One, that could've been the promo instead.

7 hours ago, Lego_Talk said:

Official R2-D2 (30611) Polybag image.

If it really is May 4th promo, I'm really disappointed! We could have gotten Saw Gererra from Rogue One who was notoriously absent from initial 5 sets! Hope this R2 is China only promo and May 4th giveaway will be an actual minifigure. We had enough disappointment with 2016 "unique" FO Stormtrooper!

2 hours ago, GallardoLU said:

that lends a significant amount of credibility to the rumor we've been hearing for a few months now, of course without providing anything certain. 

I really don't think this makes it any more credible. You could ask the question "Do you think they will ever make X as a theme/set" about anything and get the response "it is possible".

The promo could obviously have been much worse, but it's good, it's something new and different and not something we'll be seeing in any sets any time soon. 

3 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Did just2good get back to us about the Zuckuss issue?  Also, that R2 polybag is a must get.:wub:

No, but it's obvious we won't get him in Bounty Hunter Battlepack. We all saw that unfinished boxart with Dengar, Bossk, IG-88 and 4-Lom. No Zuckuss!

37 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

No, but it's obvious we won't get him in Bounty Hunter Battlepack. We all saw that unfinished boxart with Dengar, Bossk, IG-88 and 4-Lom. No Zuckuss!

Well he said he thought it was just a stand in minifigure. :look:

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

I think he just messed up.

Ahh, okay.  Well it's still an awesome BP either way.:tongue:

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

The May 4 figure is not R2, however it will be another character made in celebration of the 40th anniversary. Much better than 2016. Many people will be happy with it.  

:wink:

How do you know this, then.

1 minute ago, ChristopherLee said:

The May 4 figure is not R2, however it will be another character made in celebration of the 40th anniversary. Much better than 2016. Many people will be happy with it.  

Ooh… since when did you become a leaker :tongue:

GALEN? SAW?

Fingers crossed it is something I don't want, I never get these polybags :hmpf_bad:

Edited by VaderFan2187

11 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Ooh… since when did you become a leaker :tongue:

GALEN? SAW?

Fingers crossed it is something I don't want, I never get these polybags :hmpf_bad:

A Rogue One character as celebration of the 40th anniversary? Seems very unlikely, unless it's someone who appeared in ANH and RO both (i.e. Tarkin, Leia, Dodonna...).

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

A Rogue One character as celebration of the 40th anniversary? Seems very unlikely, unless it's someone who appeared in ANH and RO both (i.e. Tarkin, Leia, Dodonna...).

Bail Organa would not be surprising.

18 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

The May 4 figure is not R2, instead it will be another character made in celebration of the 40th anniversary. Much better than 2016. Many people will be happy with it.  

That's great news! But who can it be? 40 anniversary means a lot, so maybe minifigure of the Creator himself George Lucas?!