Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

9 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

What's this "amazing book" about?

Also, I take it that people are going to go ahead and assume that the inclusion of a Falcon poster = UCS set confirmed? Because why else would they include a poster of the best selling set and most iconic ship?!? /s

It's like a junior-fied version of the LSW Encyclopedia.

*Snip*

The poster is of 75105.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

3 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

AgentKallus of Hydra : (Eyebrow raise) Do you mean the series 2 Sabine in the advent calendar or do you mean something new?

We're getting Quarrie in the Arrowhead (largest Freemaker set)

2ev4xdt.jpg

5 hours ago, wesker said:

We're getting Quarrie in the Arrowhead (largest Freemaker set)

*Snip*

guessing that's a nod to Ralph McQuarrie

1 hour ago, MakeNLego said:

guessing that's a nod to Ralph McQuarrie

It sure is. Its just a shame they didn't include him with a prototype B-wing from season 2 of Rebels, instead of the Freemaker set. That whole episode was a beautiful homage to Ralph McQuarrie.

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

It sure is. Its just a shame they didn't include him with a prototype B-wing from season 2 of Rebels, instead of the Freemaker set. That whole episode was a beautiful homage to Ralph McQuarrie.

To be honest I'm glad they didn't make a Rebels B-wing, I wouldn't like an orange B-wing, the grey pieces from the Arrowhead are much more usefull to me :sweet:

Each to their own I guess. I just think grey gets a bit boring after a while. And if I want specific parts I just bricklink them. 

The B-Wing prototype definitely would've been preferable over the Arrowhead. There's no way I can bring myself to spend that much money on a set thats not even a real Star Wars ship. Its like a random MOC that happened to get released as a Lego product. :sick:

2 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

If that is actually Quarrie, I am going to be gutted we didn't get that season 2 coloured B-Wing...

It is Quarrie.

Seeing Quarrie show up in a Freemaker set, Thrawn in the sole, low-end Rebels set this year, and Sabine in the Advent Calendar reminds me how TLG handled the last wave of LotR/Hobbit sets… previously-unreleased, named characters got dumped into bargain-basement sets when they easily could have been the highlight of much larger and more expensive sets… as though TLG had already given up on the line and just needed to get rid of the minifigs. 

I wonder if Thrawn was originally slated for a Rebels Star Destroyer and Quarrie for a Rebels B-Wing, and instead we’re getting them in these one-off sets to clear inventory. 

22 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

I haven't watched any of the Freemakers stuff, as it holds zero interest to me. Does Quarrie actually appear in the miniseries?

Appears in star wars rebels and in the freemaker adventure, i want this minifigure but not the set. 

3 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

I haven't watched any of the Freemakers stuff, as it holds zero interest to me. Does Quarrie actually appear in the miniseries?

Not in season 1. He must in season 2.

I'm as frustrated as everyone else about the lack of Rebels sets hitting the shelves but it comes at a time of an unprecedented amount of new SW films which will suck up the majority of TLG's resources. I know people are saying that the sets are underperforming but do we have any concrete figures to back this claim up? I agree with a lot of the comments about some ships that could have easily been made into sets but if you're in marketing at LEGO what are you more likely to want to develop? A new First order Tie, Vader's Tie or the Yellow Tie from the rebels episodes? One has obviously got to miss out and unfortunately it is pretty obvious which one that would be.

There is a heck of a lot of freemaker-bashing on here so I think people just need to bear in mind that this is a toy and the free maker series appeals to a lot of kids! As passionate as many of us are over both LEGO and Star Wars we have to remember the sets are for them, not for us. With the available resources they have I think TLG do a really good job of keeping AFOLs happy. The new Bounty Hunter pack is fantastic and the First Order pack too. My kids are massively into the Clone Wars cartoon again at the moment so the tank is a very welcome addition as I missed this first time round. Does anyone have any idea on when we might find out about the summer retailer exclusives?

Love the new banner! Looks great.

Any word on the date of the official UCS Snowspeeder reveal?  I know someone said mid-March, so I would imagine any day now!  :sweet:

i have no idea on the snowspeeder, but I am already looking forward to the summer sets. That hover tank is going to be the apple of my eye, as it not only is CW but a GUNNER PHASE II. My prayers have been officially answered.

18 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Any word on the date of the official UCS Snowspeeder reveal?  I know someone said mid-March, so I would imagine any day now!  :sweet:

If it's coming out May, then we will get a reveal before the May store calendar comes out April 1. Otherwise, no set/presumed date that I've seen on here

52 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

If it's coming out May, then we will get a reveal before the May store calendar comes out April 1. Otherwise, no set/presumed date that I've seen on here

Ah, that makes sense, thanks.  I didn't realize the store calendars came out a month in advance.  Fingers crossed for sometime in the next two weeks, then!

14 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Ah, that makes sense, thanks.  I didn't realize the store calendars came out a month in advance.  Fingers crossed for sometime in the next two weeks, then!

15 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

According to the March 2017 calendar, there is a special tag on the 17th that seems to imply an announcement. It says that VIPs get early access to exclusive sets starting March 17th (once double VIP points is over). I'm suspecting we may know something on the next couple of days! At least I hope so...

26 minutes ago, thorin said:

According to the March 2017 calendar, there is a special tag on the 17th that seems to imply an announcement. It says that VIPs get early access to exclusive sets starting March 17th (once double VIP points is over). I'm suspecting we may know something on the next couple of days! At least I hope so...

Is that not the POTC Silent Mary set?