Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

48 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Yes, but the thread name is "LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors"… :look:

Yes, but don't forget how much I love to deal with lil' smart asses!

20 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Yes, but don't forget how much I love to deal with lil' smart megablocks!

You yourself said before that tone can come off differently in text than in spoken language… I don't want to get myself banned or anything but I didn't mean it as a smartass comment, it's just I didn't really understand what the point of your earlier comment was. Pointless speculation is very annoying, but it seemed like you were discouraging rumors in a rumor thread, hence I posted that.

4 hours ago, SPACIBA said:

I have seen new pics from the snowspeeder pilot with the dark helmet on facebook with more detail and it have printed arms and a lot of details in the helmet

What do I have to look up to find it? I only ever saw the generic pilot on Ebay, would love to see Zev.

Here's the other snowspeeder fig. Not my picture, I just found it.

Click me

Edited by will

31 minutes ago, will said:

Here's the other snowspeeder fig. Not my picture, I just found it.

That arm printing looks far better than I was expecting, and the helmet isn't bad at all. :thumbup: Nice find.

They really are going all-in with the generic rebel pilot face print aren't they?

It's infurating they can't be bothered slighlty altering a named character's face in a UCS set of all thing. 

Thanks for the link but I don't think it's allowed. 

hmmm... Snowspeeder pilot... It's a good fig... but I'm not liking the side printing. The lines are just too dark. I think it would look better if the creases are dark orange, not black.

Anyway, in the annual results press conference - fast forward to 19:37 - and you'll notice that Millenium Falcon was mentioned several times and it was highlighted that the launch of the new MF last year was a big event not only for new fans but also for AFOLs and collectors. Is this some kind of a hint?

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news-room/2017/march/annual-results-2016-od-video/

Edited by makoy

Well it looks as though they fixed the semi transparent white vests, in that picture at least.

The arm printing looks good to me but side printing on the legs would have made this a far more desirable UCS exclusive. Along with a less generic face obviously.

Printing on Boba Fett for the UCS Slave I was a win, here the extra printing is not so much. 

4 hours ago, HawkLord said:

Printing on Boba Fett for the UCS Slave I was a win, here the extra printing is not so much. 

Agreed. Its nice but not earth shatteringly important.

5 hours ago, makoy said:

Anyway, in the annual results press conference - fast forward to 19:37 - and you'll notice that Millenium Falcon was mentioned several times and it was highlighted that the launch of the new MF last year was a big event not only for new fans but also for AFOLs and collectors. Is this some kind of a hint?

The optimist in me agrees. The other thing I was thinking is that the Episode 7 Falcon has got to be retiring soon, right? Released in Sept 2015 then we are coming to that two year mark that most major kits are on clearance and then gone. Unless they produced more of those Falcons than usual. Anyway - my point is, it would be a perfect time to relaunch a UCS Falcon just as the System scale version gets phased out. 

On 3/7/2017 at 8:24 PM, EbTheGuy said:

Bossk is outdated, IG-88 if unchanged would be fine, however its been a while. 4-LOM and Zuckuss currently don't exist in physical form. Dengar was just updated and released last year. I'd really hope Dengar is the placeholder.

You're right that Bossk is outdated (SSD was 2011) however he was never in a cheap set. This bounty hunter battle kit is a dream come true in the likes of a full Rebo band. Just double checked the front page and the lineup sounds unconfirmed. That was the only Star Wars kit to have placeholders at the recent toy fair, right?

They set the bar pretty low for last year's May The Fourth Figure. No where to go up from here. Remember Admiral Yularen? Revan? Those were awesome choices. Imagine if it was Snoke himself? The fandom would convulse into a nerdgasm the likes of which we've never seen.

The arm printing of that 75114 Snowspeeder pilot (dark helmet) is :wub: 

Held the Phantom II in my hands today for the first time when I realized - maybe it wasn't Lego's fault they got the rank and title of Thrawn wrong. If this kit was designed and developed 2 years ago, doesn't it stand to reason that Disney changed their mind about Thrawn, story-wise? We could have seen his promotion to Grand Admiral in the show. I try to keep up with this thread but haven't seen any discussion of that. Wouldn't hold my breath for an updated version. Maybe custom decals will do the trick. Kind of underwhelming to finally get Thrawn in your collection after a lifetime of waiting for him and he's been demoted! :laugh: 

54 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

Agreed. Its nice but not earth shatteringly important.

Well Boba Felt is such an iconic character we kind of want a perfect version of him.  As for the Snowspeeder pilot, it really doesn't bother my either way.  

6 hours ago, darththeling said:

maybe it wasn't Lego's fault they got the rank and title of Thrawn wrong. If this kit was designed and developed 2 years ago, doesn't it stand to reason that Disney changed their mind about Thrawn, story-wise? We could have seen his promotion to Grand Admiral in the show. I try to keep up with this thread but haven't seen any discussion of that. Wouldn't hold my breath for an updated version. Maybe custom decals will do the trick. Kind of underwhelming to finally get Thrawn in your collection after a lifetime of waiting for him and he's been demoted! :laugh: 

Yeah, that was discussed here a while back, someone posted some concept art where Thrawn had the same rank insignia as he does in the set. It definitely wasnt Lego's fault, they were as always working from concept art. Same with any number of other recent sets.

14 hours ago, makoy said:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news-room/2017/march/annual-results-2016-od-video/

Thanks for the post. Interesting press event. They talk about the MF for a bit, but not so much that I would read into it. Supposedly the FA MF was one of the best selling sets they've had, so I'm sure that at an "annual results" conference they would talk it up a little bit.

On 3/8/2017 at 1:23 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

No... @Tragic Banjo said about the May the 4th figure "Maybe we've already seen it"

What newish limited mini-figures are there besides R3-M2? Anything in a book or dvd package?
Or are they likely talking about previous May the 4th promos?

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

Hey there is a new banner and everything is gray now

Are you sure it's not 

Spoiler

Blueish gray

:laugh:

Also there aren't any rumored rebels sets at the moment are there?

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra
?

35 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Are you sure it's not 

Hide contents

Blueish gray

:laugh:

Also there aren't any rumored rebels sets at the moment are there?

Lol'ed at your spoiler.... The new top banner is nice!

There aren't any Rebels rumored kits at the moment - however I'd like to point out that we did get an updated Season 3 "Blind" Kanan. Shouldn't it stand to reason that we will soon see a Season 3 updated, short haired, green lightsaber'ed Ezra? 

I'm concerned that Rebels sets have under-performed on the shelf and moving forward we'll see less and less of them. And I don't mean less as in less selection per wave, I mean less inventory. Case in point: we still have the entire run of The Force Awakens kits (released Sept 2015) still on shelves, whereas the major kits from *very* recent Rebels waves are gone (75150) and soon-to-be-gone (75158).

Last year the May The Fourth Figure was revealed on March 23rd. Assuming it's near the same time this year, we've all got more waiting to do. 

@darththeling

Oh :cry_sad:

The new Kanan and Thrawn made me worry that we wouldn't get anything from the rest of season 2 (like the 7th sister for example) and now I guess I was most likely right to be concerned.

2 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

@darththeling

Oh :cry_sad:

The new Kanan and Thrawn made me worry that we wouldn't get anything from the rest of season 2 (like the 7th sister for example) and now I guess I was most likely right to be concerned.

Haha blueish gray 

Yea don't expect many rebels sets but you can look forward to rebels characters in non rebels sets

Edited by Legofan2001

57 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Yea don't expect many rebels sets but you can look forward to rebels characters in non rebels sets

AgentKallus of Hydra : (Eyebrow raise) Do you mean the series 2 Sabine in the advent calendar or do you mean something new?

All this talk of Rebels makes me wish we had a Maul, Hondo, Fenn Rau (or any Mandalorian) from Rebels. There are some nice ships as well that have been over looked for The Freemaker Series (Mining Guild gold Tie from season 2 would have been cool) Tie bomber and defender could be done and killed two birds with one stone.

14 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

New book, no exclusive minifigure. It has a poster of the Millennium Falcon though (yay?).

*Snip*

What's this "amazing book" about?

Also, I take it that people are going to go ahead and assume that the inclusion of a Falcon poster = UCS set confirmed? Because why else would they include a poster of the best selling set and most iconic ship?!? /s

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)