Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

10 hours ago, Lobot said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to?  The underside of the old UCS Falcon is very detailed; especially the mandibles and the section immediately below the engine block.  The quad cannons are also identical to those on the top, so what else are you expecting?

I'd like the bottom to at least try to approximate the curvature of the bottom of the ship

6 hours ago, EbTheGuy said:

I'm talking about the Episode I ship. Was released in 2007 and could easily be updated now.  

We kind of did get an update in 2011 didn't we?  It was a CW version so it may be different. 

19 hours ago, Lobot said:

Try removing the top cannons; you can then hold the internal frame without any problems.  It worked for me anyway, although I'll admit that it's quite a bulky set!  If they add an interior it will eat into the overall part count (and add to the weight!); if that happens it's likely to be considerably smaller overall.

I don't have 10179 myself, it's just something I read a couple of times online. Owners of the set suggested that you should build it at the place where you are going to store it. 

Even if it's still solid enough for transportation, a hidden dedicated area for holding it on the new UCS Falcon would be nice (though I can't see them including one of those carrying handles).

3 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

I don't have 10179 myself, it's just something I read a couple of times online. Owners of the set suggested that you should build it at the place where you are going to store it. 

Even if it's still solid enough for transportation, a hidden dedicated area for holding it on the new UCS Falcon would be nice (though I can't see them including one of those carrying handles).

You definitely have to rotate it to get it through normal size door openings.  I had to carry my completed Falcon upstairs and then into the room that I display my sets.  One 2 x 3 plate fell off during the process and it took me forever to figure out where it went on the ship!

8 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

We kind of did get an update in 2011 didn't we?  It was a CW version so it may be different. 

It's quite different, especially the color and figures. Kind of like comparing the Phantom II to the Separatist Shuttle.  Yeah they are the same craft, but having many noticeable differences. 

8 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

I sense an unusual amount of fear....

of this thread being locked again real soon because of mass off topic posting. :look:

uh huh.

12 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

I sense an unusual amount of fear....

of this thread being locked again real soon because of mass off topic posting. :look:

Definitely.

Though

Spoiler

mini modding isn't encouraged either. XD

11 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Has this been noticed yet?

[VIDEO]

Yep, it's been mentioned, although I haven't seen that exact BrickVault video.  Personally, I feel quite sure that we will get a UCS Falcon this year, but I don't really think that the Rathtar Escape box is conclusive proof.  :classic:

Every other set box has popular ships in the background that we don't get UCS releases of... why would this one time be any kind of proof?

The set is probably happening, but that Rathtar box is nothing to do with it.

I was looking at my recently bought Thrawn figure today and while i've gotten over the rank discrepancy I did notice something odd. The alternate face is exactly the one Thrawn makes in an episode of Rebels which means most likely they had stills to work with if not video clips. So how did they still screw up the rank pips? 

6 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Every other set box has popular ships in the background that we don't get UCS releases of... why would this one time be any kind of proof?

The set is probably happening, but that Rathtar box is nothing to do with it.

What box has an image of a brick built set that hasn't been released? The image on the Ranthar box is of a large scale Millennium Falcon that's not the 2007 UCS Falcon. 

Edited by jdm44

Lego's just teasing us at the moment, like what they did with POTC.  We're probably not going to see this for another few months yet.  By the way, you guys think it's going to be ANH or TFA Millennium Falcon?

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

Lego's just teasing us at the moment, like what they did with POTC.  We're probably not going to see this for another few months yet.  By the way, you guys think it's going to be ANH or TFA Millennium Falcon?

Isn't it supposed to be both ? With interchangeable pieces. I think I've read this somewhere..

15 minutes ago, Martinouchou said:

Isn't it supposed to be both ? With interchangeable pieces. I think I've read this somewhere..

1 minute ago, allstyles said:

yup ,,.. i think you got it from here:

http://groovebricks.com/2017/02/lego-star-wars-2017-millennium-falcon-know-far

(also on the new death star is a blacked out pic of the Falcon...)

I didn't expect that!  I may actually get it if that's the case.  At least it will appeal to everybody then.

They must be preparing something special,..  they know what a lot of afols think about hoth and the death star...

i am guessing a mix between display and play set,...  and it should be the largest/ biggest/ most expensive set they made till this day.

( day one purchase for me :wub: )

All I can say about the presence of the Falcon on the rathtar box, is that it has a much more accurate cockpit than either the system scale or UCS Falcons have had. I can't see it clearly enough to see if it looks like it's made of Lego, or just a picture of the actual ship though.

Edited by Flandy

6 hours ago, Forresto said:

I was looking at my recently bought Thrawn figure today and while i've gotten over the rank discrepancy I did notice something odd. The alternate face is exactly the one Thrawn makes in an episode of Rebels which means most likely they had stills to work with if not video clips. So how did they still screw up the rank pips? 

Maybe he makes the kind of "face" more than once in his life... just saying...

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Maybe he makes the kind of "face" more than once in his life... just saying...

He very well may but as far as we know its from an episode.

18 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I didn't expect that!  I may actually get it if that's the case.  At least it will appeal to everybody then.

Yup. That's what I heard.

Is anybody a bit disappointed that the bounty hunter pack includes Dengar? Like yeah he's a great fig, but we just got him in a reasonably priced set. Should have got Zuckuss instead. Other than that the set is really good. Waiting on what those final fig designs will be. Glad they still gave IG-88 a sniper.

1 hour ago, EbTheGuy said:

Is anybody a bit disappointed that the bounty hunter pack includes Dengar? Like yeah he's a great fig, but we just got him in a reasonably priced set. Should have got Zuckuss instead. Other than that the set is really good. Waiting on what those final fig designs will be. Glad they still gave IG-88 a sniper.

Every living SW fan in this particular galaxy here and now is disappointed about this