Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

8 hours ago, Robianco said:

I think in this instance we're all hoping that the rumours are all very true. Someone saying they know for sure but can't say why or say anything new can be frustrating but I'm just going to keep some brick budget available and make some space to display regardless. You know what they say... if it looks like a Falcon and smells like a falcon then it's probably a Blockade Runner.

Let's enjoy the Snowspeeder first then we can worry about what follows.

Great post Robianco, which echo's my thoughts exactly!  I'm really impressed by the new Snowspeeder and hopefully a sign that the next UCS set will be equally good.  Personally I'd prefer a UCS Falcon in the autumn, but a Blockade Runner would also make an ideal Christmas present from myself! :laugh:

4 hours ago, jee_ace_guy said:

The Rathar Escape will fit in the new UCS Falcon, no need to have an interior :) :) :)

Of course I'm joking ;-)

The Falcon is in the hanger of the Rathar escape set which itself is inside the Falcon. 

Inception 

10 hours ago, Markalus said:

A detailed interior would either significantly  increase the part count (& cost) or reduce the overall size and keep the part count relatively the same. Although a detailed interior would be cool, I wouldn't mind if they released a near replica of the orginal either, $500-$700 USD is better than $5000 USD. When it's on display who sees the interior anyway? And 10179 is not exactly a playset. 

maybe but I'm sure there's plenty of people who would like to display a falcon with the lid off showing a detailed interior and what other would you improve on 10179 ?

You know, with the recently released 75174 Desert Skiff Escape, has anyone considered the possibility of one the summer Retail Exclusives being a new version of Jabba's Sail Barge? One that comes with figures that are missing in the smaller set, such as Luke, disguised Lando, and few Gamorean Guards? Because sometimes we don't know about retail exclusives until they come out.

Edited by IronFish

30 minutes ago, IronFish said:

You know, with the recently released 75174 Desert Skiff Escape, has anyone considered the possibility the possibility of one the summer Retail Exclusives being a new version of Jabba's Sail Barge? One that comes with figured that are missing in the smaller set, such as Luke, disguised Lando, and few Gamorean Guards? Because sometimes we don't know about retail exclusives until they come out.

I doubt it. We had one 4 years ago. 

16 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

Last Desert Skiff was only 5 years ago, and Lego has done close re-releases before

1 hour ago, IronFish said:

You know, with the recently released 75174 Desert Skiff Escape, has anyone considered the possibility the possibility of one the summer Retail Exclusives being a new version of Jabba's Sail Barge? One that comes with figured that are missing in the smaller set, such as Luke, disguised Lando, and few Gamorean Guards? Because sometimes we don't know about retail exclusives until they come out.

Could be, would be interesting. I would then consider getting them. Maybe a rerelease Palace, Rancor Pit to. I only ever got the Skiff of those sets. Maybe they could also add a Droid chamber? I saw that on Ideas once. The fact we didn't get the droid again partially turned me off. Honestly I'd prefer a rerelease of the Republic Cruiser, but that's unrealistic and wishful thinking ultimately leading to a derail of this discussion. 

5 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

maybe but I'm sure there's plenty of people who would like to display a falcon with the lid off showing a detailed interior and what other would you improve on 10179 ?

Well here's a crazy thought: what if, just maybe, it got an underside

Edited by Magmafrost

I wonder if there should be another thread made about "wild speculation about sets that haven't even been confirmed yet" :wink:

15 minutes ago, David Thomsen said:

I wonder if there should be another thread made about "wild speculation about sets that haven't even been confirmed yet" :wink:

You say that like anything confirmed belongs here in the first place...

11 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

You say that like anything confirmed belongs here in the first place...

Huh you're right. People so often discuss actual upcoming sets here, I'd completely forgotten that it's a 'rumours' thread.

4 hours ago, ChiefPie said:

I should imagine another Jabba's Sail Barge will be in the works then.  

Another improvement on the UCS Falcon would be the ability to move it around in one piece. Really hoping for an interior too.

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Hope not, at least not for now, it's already irritating enough that most of the PT and OT sets released this year are re-releases, at least not sets that are less than 8 years old...

9 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

that would mean another Jabba's Palace and Rancor Pit as well, since they were released around the same time

Edited by Savage Oppress

14 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Well here's a crazy thought: what if, just maybe, it got an underside

I'm not sure what you're referring to?  The underside of the old UCS Falcon is very detailed; especially the mandibles and the section immediately below the engine block.  The quad cannons are also identical to those on the top, so what else are you expecting?

9 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Another improvement on the UCS Falcon would be the ability to move it around in one piece. Really hoping for an interior too.

Try removing the top cannons; you can then hold the internal frame without any problems.  It worked for me anyway, although I'll admit that it's quite a bulky set!  If they add an interior it will eat into the overall part count (and add to the weight!); if that happens it's likely to be considerably smaller overall.

Can we please stop speculating over a new sail barge/palace/rancor pit? There is absolutely no reason to believe we'll be getting them any time soon. It's veering off topic heavily.

April store calendar is out for the US and no mention of early VIP access for the May 4th set. I know someone mentioned mid April at some point but I guess everyone is getting it in May like last year.

18 hours ago, EbTheGuy said:

Honestly I'd prefer a rerelease of the Republic Cruiser, but...

You and me brother :cry_sad: EDIT: Wait you're not talking about the Venator are you?

Edited by Bartybum

The new skiff set was probably because of Han's new hair. Add a new skiff guard for the fun of it and you can sell a set.

Is there any new info on the bounty hunters bp set yet? 

19 minutes ago, Borex said:

The new skiff set was probably because of Han's new hair. Add a new skiff guard for the fun of it and you can sell a set.

Is there any new info on the bounty hunters bp set yet? 

We're getting the Bounty Hunter BB with four out of the six most iconic Bounty Hunters in the OT as well.  To me it kind of makes sense to bring out another Boba.

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

You and me brother :cry_sad: EDIT: Wait you're not talking about the Venator are you?

I'm talking about the Episode I ship. Was released in 2007 and could easily be updated now.