Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Also, it appears to me that Darth and Anakin both share the same new face print? I'm a bit disappointed as the only Darth Vader minifig I own was from the 2011 Millennium Falcon and I would have liked to have got the new white head variant instead. Also, does Darth feature new torso/leg printing. I know this is a lot of questions but I'm just really hyped for this set!!!!!!:grin:

No, Vader has his own face I think, they put on Anakin's head because it looks nicer on the box. You don't slot the helmet on to Vader's white head :D

And as far as I am aware, no new prints for Vader.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

No, Vader has his own face I think, they put on Anakin's head because it looks nicer on the box. You don't slot the helmet on to Vader's white head :D

Okay, thanks for the info. In that case I wonder why Vader has the new "glow" behind him on the box? We'll just have to wait and see. Shame that the set comes out in June :( That's just sooooooo far away.

Just now, JACKATTACKS said:

Okay, thanks for the info. In that case I wonder why Vader has the new "glow" behind him on the box? We'll just have to wait and see. Shame that the set comes out in June :( That's just sooooooo far away.

The glow means nothing now. Figures, be they old or new, have the glow in the 2017 sets.

I still preferred the "NEW!" sign on minifigures XD

2 hours ago, MakeNLego said:

Do you guys think we will be getting a Rogue One Saw Gerrera minifig for the May 4th promo?

There will probably be a set with him in the future, but I don't see him being the May 4th promotion.  Weren't we already told who that was going to be? 

Just now, Legoman123 said:

There will probably be a set with him in the future, but I don't see him being the May 4th promotion.  Weren't we already told who that was going to be? 

@Tragic Banjo said "Maybe we've already seen it".

3 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

The glow means nothing now. Figures, be they old or new, have the glow in the 2017 sets.

I still preferred the "NEW!" sign on minifigures XD

Lol. I didn't notice they all had the glow. Thanks for pointing that out!

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

After watching video of that set , it looks like both Vader and Anakin have exactly the same head! And it makes sense, since  they are the same person. So new scared face for both.

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I can answer that with no right now. Saw would need about 2-5 new molds (armor, legs, beard, hair, cape).

Why would he need new molds? New printing sure, but not molds. 

2 hours ago, brobert said:

Why would he need new molds? New printing sure, but not molds. 

How would you do the body parts I listed? Use Mauls legs & Harry Potters hairpiece? Or pirate pig legs in silver? He would also need a special cape, that would probably work with a shoulder piece - like Boba Fett's.

8 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I have been inactive lately (so I don't know if this has already been said) but how come Anakin has grey legs in Darth Vader Transformation? As far as I know, he was missing half of each leg. Surely it would have been better to have given him dual moulded legs instead?

LEGO seems to refuse to give Star Wars minifigures dual molding...for now.  As far as the grey legs with black printing, it seems that LEGO also refuses to release minifigures missing arms, legs, or hands.  :grin:

32 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

How would you do the body parts I listed? Use Mauls legs & Harry Potters hairpiece? Or pirate pig legs in silver? He would also need a special cape, that would probably work with a shoulder piece - like Boba Fett's.

I am not familiar with all the parts lego uses in other themes, but I think they would probably find a close to matching hairpiece, the cobbled together legs, yeah that might need a custom mold, but rather just some similar mechanical legs that they can use or used already elsewhere.

The cape is not molded, and they typically don't pay too much attention to those (the imperial guards are also wearing capes which is far from accurate), but Boba's cape would work in different color.

2 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

LEGO seems to refuse to give Star Wars minifigures dual molding...for now.  As far as the grey legs with black printing, it seems that LEGO also refuses to release minifigures missing arms, legs, or hands.  :grin:

I would think dismemberment is against LEGO's child-driendly policy :D

36 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I could see LEGO doing Saw as a regular minifig with printed beard, regular legs, regular cape and one of the existing hairpieces. Perfectly accurate? No. Some would complain, some would be happy to have him as a fig - like with every SW minifig.

9 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I have been inactive lately (so I don't know if this has already been said) but how come Anakin has grey legs in Darth Vader Transformation? As far as I know, he was missing half of each leg. Surely it would have been better to have given him dual moulded legs instead?

Also, it appears to me that Darth and Anakin both share the same new face print? I'm a bit disappointed as the only Darth Vader minifig I own was from the 2011 Millennium Falcon and I would have liked to have got the new white head variant instead. Also, does Darth feature new torso/leg printing. I know this is a lot of questions but I'm just really hyped for this set!!!!!!:grin:

Anakin was shown with robot legs whn he was on the table. 

Dumb question, but I've lost track given all the different regions and releases.  Is the A-wing with Lando a Toys R Us exclusive in America?  I know it is also available through Lego Online but I want to spend TRU credit if that's that only other retailer that will carry it.  thanks

24 minutes ago, TRR said:

Dumb question, but I've lost track given all the different regions and releases.  Is the A-wing with Lando a Toys R Us exclusive in America?  I know it is also available through Lego Online but I want to spend TRU credit if that's that only other retailer that will carry it.  thanks

from a previous post:

This year, walmart, TRU, and target all have retailer exclusives. Walmart - Landspeeder, TRU - A-Wing, Target - Skiff

On 2/22/2017 at 8:31 AM, pittpenguin123 said:

This ^^

It was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the grey leg piece, which to be honest, I like it, cause I don't think we've had an Anakin fig with mechanical legs showing

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote videos

1 minute ago, Tidy said:

from a previous post:

This year, walmart, TRU, and target all have retailer exclusives. Walmart - Landspeeder, TRU - A-Wing, Target - Skiff

Wow.  Not sure how I missed this.  Three store exclusives?  Two of which I want very badly?  That stinks.  When are these expected to hit?

9 minutes ago, kibosh said:

Wow.  Not sure how I missed this.  Three store exclusives?  Two of which I want very badly?  That stinks.  When are these expected to hit?

the walmart and toy r us, i got last friday. the skiff i found yesterday at my 5th target, but it was in back ... they hadn't gotten around to getting the winter wave on the shelves yet.

walmart and tru all had all others on the shelves ...

22 hours ago, Han solo died said:

I honestly feel sorry for all you americans. It must be especially depressing to you when I tell you I could go sainsburys of all places and pick up the whole winter wave. (Look up sainsburys, if you don't know it's like a grocery store with a cafe to you)

We do okay.  Targets and Walmarts are plentiful.  There is a Walmart 4 miles north of my house and 4 miles south of my house.  There is a Target 4 miles south of my house and 8 miles north.  There is a TRU 8 miles north of my house and another one about 4 or 5 miles east of that one.  Plus they all price match Amazon and each other, so we do good on discounts on a regular basis.  I'm more annoyed by the fact that TRU already has everything marked down 20%, plus there's new Formula 1 Speed Champions sets I want, I'm still working on getting the LEGO Batman Movie line and I've already lined up what I want for my birthday next month.  There's too much out at the moment... ARGH!

Edited by JPN366

There are plenty of target, walmart and TRU stores and they always have good prices (with/without coupons and price matches) in US.

even though there are exclusive sets, if one is patient. it's possible to get $15 landspeeder, $30-35 A-wing and $21-24 Skiff.

Probably I will skip 20% off A-wing deal and hopefully I will get A-wing when TRU has a free polybags deals.

last year I bought everything so early and I did not have nothing to buy when TRU and lego store had polybag promotion so I might need to save several sets for that ^_^

10 minutes ago, Kimguroo said:

There are plenty of target, walmart and TRU stores and they always have good prices (with/without coupons and price matches) in US.

even though there are exclusive sets, if one is patient. it's possible to get $15 landspeeder, $30-35 A-wing and $21-24 Skiff.

Probably I will skip 20% off A-wing deal and hopefully I will get A-wing when TRU has a free polybags deals.

last year I bought everything so early and I did not have nothing to buy when TRU and lego store had polybag promotion so I might need to save several sets for that ^_^

i'm lucky, i have 2 kids that collect different themes, there's always something lego i can buy, lol!

17 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Oh, that explains a lot. But still dual moulded legs or some more mechanical like printing on the bottom of the legs would have been nice.

22 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

After watching video of that set , it looks like both Vader and Anakin have exactly the same head! And it makes sense, since  they are the same person. So new scared face for both.

I like the new scarred face, and yes it makes sense for them both to have the same face, but I'm still slightly disappointed. At least now I know.

17 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Oh, that explains a lot. But still dual moulded legs or some more mechanical like printing on the bottom of the legs would have been nice.

I like the new scarred face, and yes it makes sense for them both to have the same face, but I'm still slightly disappointed. At least now I know.

Yea, I really like how they went the extra mile for that.  I know it doesn't take a lot to include the same head piece but it does add to the realism of that scene.

10 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Yea, I really like how they went the extra mile for that.  I know it doesn't take a lot to include the same head piece but it does add to the realism of that scene.

It's scenes like this where Darth having the same head comes in handy.