Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

Why are people expecting pictures today? The toy fair doesnt even start until tomorrow (the 18th).

That's right. Doors don't open until roughly 21 hours after the time of this post.

Just saw the UCS Snowspeeder - not my thing really, but it's nice to see a 'new' UCS after the past two rehashes we got! I'm interested to see more of its mechanics and the newer building mechanics (especially with angles and slopes) really help to bring out its shape accurately.

I don't think the vents are stickers. Look at the different sides. The spacing seems to be different with the perspective as if they were 3d and not a 3d printed image.

Edited by pittpenguin123

1 hour ago, pittpenguin123 said:

I don't think the vents are stickers. Look at the different sides. The spacing seems to be different with the perspective as if they were 3d and not a 3d printed image.

If they aren't stickers then what pieces are they? I don't think they're the profile bricks or stacked 1x1 clips or anything. 

3 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

If they aren't stickers then what pieces are they? I don't think they're the profile bricks or stacked 1x1 clips or anything. 

They look an awful lot like part 2877. Of course, those would make the diagonal edges a problem, but note that we cant actually see the edges of the vent, its hidden behind the white plating. Whatever it is, I dont think a reintroduction of one sticker over multiple pieces is something we'll see, and unless its a new piece, that vent isnt one piece.

Edited by Magmafrost

4 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

Reddit user "Pegajace" has done a really good reverse-engineer of the set (don't know if I'm allowed to link it, but you should be able to see it in his post history). It appears that they've used 2 of a part like this one on either wing with stickers.

Edited by Brikkyy13

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Reddit user "Pegajace" has done a really good reverse-engineer of the set (don't know if I'm allowed to link it, but you should be able to see it in his post history). It appears that they've used 2 of a part like this one on either wing with stickers.

I couldn't find it but I did find a comparison between the two sets. Now I can see why they remade this one has it looks so much better than it's predecessor. I really like this set now as it is a massive improvement using better building techniques and more accurate designs. 

Lego has been known to print grill pieces before, especially if they have potential for reuse. So it's not too far out a possibility that the grills are printed.

If you live in the US check your local Lego store. Winter wave may be there. My local store had all sets.

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It appears that they've used 2 of a part like this one on either wing with stickers.

I can see that working, but compare the near and far grill. While both textures on their own could be stickers, they couldnt be the same sticker, theyre clearly different. The only possibilities are that the two grills have different sticker designs on them, or the texture is 3D. Considering how much it looks like grill bricks, I'd guess the latter.

My store had everything except the A-wing. That was one that I was really looking forward to getting... The employees made it seem like they were expecting them so I don't know happened with that.. 

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

While both textures on their own could be stickers, they couldnt be the same sticker, theyre clearly different. The only possibilities are that the two grills have different sticker designs on them, or the texture is 3D.

Who said anything about it being the same sticker? If it's the fin pieces (which it really looks like it is) of course the sticker would be different. The texture is alternating black and white, with dark grey along the bottom. That's too detailed for a grille brick. It has to be a sticker (or maybe we'll get blessed with a printed part). 

Edited by Brikkyy13

24 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Who said anything about it being the same sticker? If it's the fin pieces (which it really looks like it is) of course the sticker would be different. The texture is alternating black and white, with dark grey along the bottom. That's too detailed for a grille brick. It has to be a sticker (or maybe we'll get blessed with a printed part). 

Well, when I say "the same", I dont mean exactly the same, I mean the same design (obviously mirrored). They wouldnt use a completely different pattern on one grill to the other, it'd be the same but mirrored. And yet a different pattern is what we see. On the ship's left, we see mostly black with thin white bands. On the right, we see thin black bands and thick grey bands. Lighting can account for that if the design is three-dimensional, but if its two-dimensional, then it seems Lego used a different pattern on each grill so as to make the grills look three-dimensional, when looked at from a certain angle in certain lighting conditions, which while possible seems like a verry odd descision.

Edited by Magmafrost

36 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

Well, when I say "the same", I dont mean exactly the same, I mean the same design (obviously mirrored). They wouldnt use a completely different pattern on one grill to the other, it'd be the same but mirrored. And yet a different pattern is what we see. On the ship's left, we see mostly black with thin white bands. On the right, we see thin black bands and thick grey bands. Lighting can account for that if the design is three-dimensional, but if its two-dimensional, then it seems Lego used a different pattern on each grill so as to make the grills look three-dimensional, when looked at from a certain angle in certain lighting conditions, which while possible seems like a verry odd descision.

Not sure what you're talking about, I'm looking at it and seeing pretty much the same print on both sides of the ship. I think it's just the low quality of the photo that makes it look different. While looking at the left side, I can actually see the top of the fin piece I mentioned earlier, so I'm 99% certain that that's actually what it is.

8 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Not sure what you're talking about, I'm looking at it and seeing pretty much the same print on both sides of the ship. I think it's just the low quality of the photo that makes it look different. While looking at the left side, I can actually see the top of the fin piece I mentioned earlier, so I'm 99% certain that that's actually what it is.

I'd post chunks of the pciture to show the difference, but I dont have access to a PC 'til monday. Ill show you what I mean then.

3 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

I'd post chunks of the pciture to show the difference, but I dont have access to a PC 'til monday. Ill show you what I mean then.

It just looks different because the picture isn't particularly well focused. The "back" sticker is a bit blurry and makes it seem different. 

3 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

So I studied the picture for the last 5-10 minutes and it appears that the top of these "vent pieces" have the same look as the cockpit canopy... so the thought popped into my mind that perhaps the vents are clear/transparent or even the tinted/gray transparent pieces with thin white lines printed over the top...? I'm really curious to see how they did it.

Why is everyone on this page so interested in one piece? :laugh: 

Is Mymaker also Albert from the Brickshow blog? I am not a fan of the channel, but the blog is pretty good. I am looking forward to the photos.

1 hour ago, Only Sinner said:

Why is everyone on this page so interested in one piece? :laugh: 

Is Mymaker also Albert from the Brickshow blog? I am not a fan of the channel, but the blog is pretty good. I am looking forward to the photos.

Nah me and Albert are separate guys. He's the regular news update man, I'm the guy who does spontaneous news updates when he's not available and also some more in-depth analysis/opinion piece articles.

expect pictures to start flowing in in approximately 1hr 30 mins. 

Edited by Mymaker123