Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

If there is a new UCS Millennium Falcon coming out this year, highly likely it goes on sale September 1st. 

The UCS Falcon might be based off of the Sequel Trilogy Falcon, with the various minor differences it has to the OT version in order to celebrate TLJ's release.

Box art looks very 2009-ish - which I don't like. Too much going on, white looks too cheap. But it's just box art after all.

I imagine just Rey would be on the LEGO box art, just put that picture in the corner with maybe a red background?

If the TFA box art was very 2007-ish and that of TLJ is very 2009-ish, how big are the odds that the Episode 9 box art will be very 2011-ish? :wacko:

Obviously it's more a case of coincidence, but it would be really strange if the ep 9 art would actually be bluish. (In that case, don't forget to put some of those sweet clouds on there, LEGO.)

46 minutes ago, just2good said:

Box art looks very 2009-ish - which I don't like. Too much going on, white looks too cheap. But it's just box art after all.

Agreed. I think it looks terrible. As someone who tends to save/collect all of the boxes, it's somewhat disappointing. I don't see what was wrong with the darker colors used for the RO and TFA box art.

Are we really at the stage in human progression and evolution that we start bitching about the design of the cardboard that holds our products.

3 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

Are we really at the stage in human progression and evolution that we start bitching about the design of the cardboard that holds our products.

You're kidding right? There are tons of collectors out there both, LEGO and Star Wars. And a lot of them keep the boxes, so yes box art is a very large part of the appeal of products, especially for collectors. 

Why would they have that press statement and image release if it wasn't an important part of product consumption? Because it is. 

Okay, so I have some info for you. Lego Star Wars The Last Jedi sets will be released on September 1st, and we will see images of sets during Force Friday II, so exactly when they release.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Okay, so I have some info for you. Lego Star Wars The Last Jedi will be released on September 1st, and we will see images of sets during Force Friday II, so exactly when they release.

finally some useful info thanks

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Okay, so I have some info for you. Lego Star Wars The Last Jedi sets will be released on September 1st, and we will see images of sets during Force Friday II, so exactly when they release.

Awesome, thanks.

Saw the boxart release for The Last Jedi. Knowing we are going to get a Force Friday II is a bit frustrating. I remember 2015 all to well, were every photo of any TFA set which came out was instantly pulled down by Lego or Disney. There is going to be a lot of arguing disappointment and speculation until Force Friday II finally happens.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No way we don't get anything before that - they might try to keep the leaks to a minimum, but we even got some for TFA where security was at 110%.

1 hour ago, Nokturn said:

Agreed. I think it looks terrible. As someone who tends to save/collect all of the boxes, it's somewhat disappointing. I don't see what was wrong with the darker colors used for the RO and TFA box art.

Generally, the box art changes its general style every one or two years to keep things fresh (we went from 2014's dark Vader design to 2015's light grey Rebels theme, then to the two dark themes). I agree that the darker boxes looked better, but the white red style will definitely signal that those sets are brand new.

2 hours ago, just2good said:

Absolutely agree. The white just looks bad on the box.

Finn looks like he's wearing Jedi robes :grin:

Maybe TLG will use a different box art?

Don't know if it has been said before, but Rey resembles a bit in hairstyle (maybe just for me) Qui-Gon Jinn.

22 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Rey's eyes look really weird. The left one (her left) it's over the right one, and it's not a perspective matter.

Perspective makes her look okay, but if you tilt your head, she looks really creepy. Hopefully the problem will be rectified.

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

No way we don't get anything before that - they might try to keep the leaks to a minimum, but we even got some for TFA where security was at 110%.

Just to be clear. Maybe we will see descrptions, lists, prices, leaks, names or something like that, but we will see official pictures from LEGO on September 1st, or MAYBE one or two days before.

2 hours ago, Mymaker123 said:

At last, a post from an adult. Like an oasis in a desert.

15 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Guys, what you're talking about isn't even Lego...

Wait... This isn't EuroBoxes? 

3 hours ago, Mymaker123 said:

Apparently so... 

There is no way Lucasfilm will allow LEGO to alter the box art. LEGO has been using LF box art since 2005, and it has never been different to other products

As for the Vader transformation MOC, looks great and only enforces my decision to buy it