Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

3 minutes ago, Robianco said:

But isn't that the most reliable way of finding out? ;)

I wouldn't say UCS means minifig scale. Especially not on smaller vehicles. The regular snowspeeder we've had countless times is pretty much minifig scale as is the system scale X-Wings etc. This is just a large scale model of the Snowspeeder. I think the inclusion of minifigs on sets like that are something that jars with people as they offer no play features and are there for decoration almost.

No sorry I didn't explain myself fully. People are saying now "oh it's confirmed to be not minfigure scale." But we already knew this because when we're told we're getting a UCS Snowspeeder it obviously can't be minifgure scale form... It's a UCS Snowspeeder not UCS Snowspeederwhich would come with like 10 Snowspeeders. We're obviously not going to get a UCS $40 minifigure sized Snowspeeder... 

Anyways, the build is cool though. 

Just now, Ashnflash said:

No sorry I didn't explain myself fully. People are saying now "oh it's confirmed to be not minfigure scale." But we already knew this because when we're told we're getting a UCS Snowspeeder it obviously can't be minifgure scale form... It's a UCS Snowspeeder not UCS Snowspeederwhich would come with like 10 Snowspeeders. We're obviously not going to get a UCS $40 minifigure sized Snowspeeder... 

Anyways, the build is cool though. 

Ah. Roger that. 

The set image of the box art has appeared online it looks pretty good, the minifigures we saw earlier may be the exclusive figs included as Lego has taken to including exclusive mini figures with ucs sets like the tin fighter.

9 hours ago, hachiroku said:

But it's logic. I'm pretty sure they will release the Rogue Two snowpseeder. In other words, the white/orange one that rescued Han and Luke.

That was used by Zev Senesca and for the gunner, you can see the helmet with the grey stripe in the 3:16:

<snip>

And, for more proof, in the Assault on Hoth we got Antilles and Janson, the Rogue Three, so it has more sense they are releasing the UCS Rogue Two Snowspeeder, with Senesca and the random gunner (I'm sure he has a name, but no idea right now).

The gunner is called kit valent

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote videos

The cockpit is a huge improvement over the previous UCS Snowspeeder. Is the speeder primarily white or light-bluish-gray bricks? Or some new gray in between? I cannot tell from the lighting of the photo...

Just now, jdubbs said:

The cockpit is a huge improvement over the previous UCS Snowspeeder. Is the speeder primarily white or light-bluish-gray bricks? Or some new gray in between? I cannot tell from the lighting of the photo...

It seems white to me for the most part. LBG is used for the cannon parts

Edited by brobert

4 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Those intake vents near the back seem to be giant stickers. Blehhhh.

Yes, that's what I was thinking.  I can't think of any molded part that looks anything like that, and it doesn't really look like a brick-based part.  I suppose it could be a new mold, but I doubt it.  I just hope they're not STAMPs...but they probably are.

The set looks absolutely beautiful, though.

34 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Yes, that's what I was thinking.  I can't think of any molded part that looks anything like that, and it doesn't really look like a brick-based part.  I suppose it could be a new mold, but I doubt it.  I just hope they're not STAMPs...but they probably are.

The set looks absolutely beautiful, though.

When was the last set that had STAMPs? I haven't owned one since the 90s (or very early 2000s), but it's possible it's just a set I didn't buy. 

I'm pretty sure the original UCS X-Wing had a STAMP for the display plaque, from memory.

Edited by nikhkin

8 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

When was the last set that had STAMPs? I haven't owned one since the 90s (or very early 2000s), but it's possible it's just a set I didn't buy. 

I'm pretty sure the original UCS X-Wing had a STAMP for the display plaque, from memory.

It's been a while. LEGO just usually now splits their stickers into multiple ones that only go on a single piece per sticker. 

The technic gear operated air brakes look cool, but the snowspeeder looks a little odd to me. It's too clean/white. So much for a 'used universe' but then this is only lego !

Rear harpoon/gun looks great too, and there is a little greebling on the mid-point cannon support on the leading edge. It also seems that the rear fins/strakes will be symmetrically mounted too. (I think these are 4x4 snot plates with studs only one edge)

:classic:

Edited by LOBOT-OMY

That's a very nice looking set - I can't wait to see the full images of it.  The cockpit does look a bit odd, and possibly a little out of scale, but that could just be the angle.  I'm not too sure about the stickers on the front air intakes, but overall it looks like a vast improvement on the original.

That's a first day purchase for me; TLG have finally redeemed themselves after a totally forgettable 2016 :classic:

That looks excellent, after a somewhat disappointing 2016, it's great to see things have picked up again. I like the harpoon gun and the openings allowing you to see the repulors. 

Wow, I actually don't like it. The white in such a large quantity looks off, and somehow the proportions look a little strange. Yet I can't explain why... :sceptic:

I'm pretty disappointed with the UCS Snowspeeder to be honest, it's been made before... At least TLG have made an effort over the last couple of UCS sets.

White instead of LBG always looks off to me on OT Rebel vehicles - didn't like it on X-Wings, certainly don't like it on the Snowspeeder. Any still from ESB shows the thing being clearly light grey. Maybe they want to evoke that snowy Hoth feeling with all the white, but personally I'd prefer a dirty, used look which would fit the Snowspeeder much better.

It's still a clear improvement over the first one (the techniques used on the nose are beautiful) but I'm not sure it warrants its price tag.

17 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Wow, I actually don't like it. The white in such a large quantity looks off, and somehow the proportions look a little strange. Yet I can't explain why... :sceptic:

The proportions are correct. They just look odd because the first UCS as well as the system scale sets extended the nose out too far.

On that note of system scale sets, I expect the next new one will have a scaled down version of this new cockpit piece.

Edited by ChristopherLee

This Snowspeeder makes a really good argument for a new shade of gray between white and light bluish gray. Just as Kylo's Shuttle made a good case for a shade of gray between black and dark bluish gray. I suppose producing all those parts in new colors would be prohibitive... but if they can produce obscure colors like sand blue and sand green, you'd think a few more shades of gray would be possible (and used far more often).

To me, this build looks much more proportional than either the recent system scale or previous UCS sets. The canopy has subtle intersecting angles which would be hard to reproduce perfectly in a brick-based toy, not unlike the Imperial Shuttle or the AT-ST... this one is far more accurate than UCS versions of those sets were.

I like it, and will definitely pick it up. Let's hope we get a better May 4th promo than last year to go with it. Seems to be a lot of stickers though, unless they are printed which I doubt.

7 minutes ago, will said:

I like it, and will definitely pick it up. Let's hope we get a better May 4th promo than last year to go with it. Seems to be a lot of stickers though, unless they are printed which I doubt.

I thought UCS sets mostly used printed pieces, save for the plaque 

6 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

I thought UCS sets mostly used printed pieces, save for the plaque 

Don't count on it. The UCS TIE had stickers, as did 75159. Slave I was complained about due to having lots of stickers as well.

I think it looks very accurate compared to the movie....I also think white suits it better but the key difference is battle damage/rust etc. which makes the lego version look too new. That cannot be avoided, however.

snowspeeder.jpg

6 minutes ago, jamiejme said:

I think it looks very accurate compared to the movie....I also think white suits it better but the key difference is battle damage/rust etc. which makes the lego version look too new. That cannot be avoided, however.

It can't be avoided, but it can be modded :thumbup:

I don't mind a crisp new looking snowspeeder, apart from anything else, the cleaner it is, the more camoflage it is in snow, that said, the orange stripes don't help much there!

I thnk the new set looks pretty good, a vast improvement on the original UCS. I do think the canopy looks a bit tall, but it might be the angle of the picture.