Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I'm not convinced. There's not much helmet detail going on.

i've uploaded it here (if it's the same photo)

please remove if not allowed

Just now, will said:

I'm not either. Considering how much detail we got from the UCS Slave I Boba, these look like someone took the Snowspeeder Dak Raltar and just slapped a painted helmet on it.

23 hours ago, will said:

cheers is there any pictures of the speeder itself?

Not convinced either.  Why would there be 5 minifigures in a UCS Snowspeeder set?  I would assume it would have to be at the same scale as the TIE Fighter and X-Wings, and they are not minfigure scale, though the the TIE Fighter does come with one of the sweetest minifigures in my collection.  He's simply for display.  No way is this legit.

1 minute ago, kibosh said:

Not convinced either.  Why would there be 5 minifigures in a UCS Snowspeeder set?  I would assume it would have to be at the same scale as the TIE Fighter and X-Wings, and they are not minfigure scale, though the the TIE Fighter does come with one of the sweetest minifigures in my collection.  He's simply for display.  No way is this legit.

The darker helmet is a good match for Zev Senesca in the Lego TFA game. The other helmet doesn't ring any bells.  The arm printing would tie in with the trend of arm printing (from the UCS Boba). I'm thinking they're genuine. 

I also don't think there's any suggestion all 5 figures would be included - I'm guessing 2 figures of which the image shows multiples. 

What is the printing on the arms?  Just a darker orange vertical line?  That's disappointing, if true.  I also tend to think that these are fake.  I wouldn't mind a few new Rebel helmets, but there's no way there would be so many duplicates.  I suppose it's possible that the set only comes with one of the figures (or two, if you count the metallic one).  Still, it seems incredibly unlikely, and what bothers me most is that overused smiley Rebel pilot head.  :sceptic:

EDIT: "Richpepperell" beat me to it: I agree that if they are real, there's no way there would be three duplicates.

Edited by RogueTwo

Why would they use the same double sided head on both figures? (Which is the same as Dak's recent figure)

8 minutes ago, kibosh said:

Not convinced either.  Why would there be 5 minifigures in a UCS Snowspeeder set?

I guess the guy who took the photo would claim it's from several UCS Snowspeeders - even if the entire squadron is in there, they would have different helmets and other details. I also really hope the one or two figures that will eventually be in there don't have that comically happy/shocked face - that's good for playing, but looks weird on display.

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

I guess the guy who took the photo would claim it's from several UCS Snowspeeders - even if the entire squadron is in there, they would have different helmets and other details. I also really hope the one or two figures that will eventually be in there don't have that comically happy/shocked face - that's good for playing, but looks weird on display.

If the entire squadron is included, I would freak out.  I thought the helmet with the red Starbirds and grey stripes might be Hobbie's, but I can't find any reference on that.  If the two figure variations are actually real, that could tell us that the Snowspeeder model might have orange highlights (just like the original UCS Snowspeeder), as opposed to the grey, which is Rogue Leader with Luke and Dak.  If the pilot with the dark helmet is indeed Zev Senesca and he turns out to be real, I'll feel pretty stupid for doubting it, since he's my profile name and picture.  :grin:

On 2017-01-24 at 7:30 PM, Deathstroke77 said:

Can you provide some details? Any key figures or builds that were missing from the earlier images?

From the box art it looks like it will have a new resistance officer and the officer from the star destroyer.

Based on some high rez images I found on the Reddit page it looks like we'll be getting a episode 3 clone gunnary trooper with Ayala secura

23 hours ago, will said:

To me these figs look legit also, I suspect the reason for 5 of them is various angles or prototypes.

On 2017-02-13 at 7:37 PM, just2good said:

So based on LEGO.com US prices, battle packs will now be $15. Yeesh.

First I love your channel second look at what happened to the UK £55 for scarif £40 for the phantom £45 for the a-wing and  jority of prior released sets have all seen a rise in price.

On 2017-02-13 at 8:10 PM, Penkid11 said:

*Disregard this comment and take heed of the wisdom of our Bothan spies.*

The sets are $15 in stores and at Lego shop US

Just now, Sportzjester said:

In the spirit of this thread getting back on track, can we get a full list of the most well-sourced rumors for the rest of the 2017 sets?

Do you mean sets that we're pretty sure are coming? See the front page.

23 hours ago, will said:

Any rumors on what/who the minifigure might be at the far left of the photo (mostly obscured)?

46 minutes ago, LL924 said:

Any rumors on what/who the minifigure might be at the far left of the photo (mostly obscured)?

Character has dark green legs, a reddish-brown body, and some sort of dark green shoulder pauldrons (?). I don't think it's a character from Star Wars. I think that's from Ninjago.

Edited by ChristopherLee

6 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

what group is it and can you request to join or is it invite only?

Can someone please answer this? This group keeps getting brought up but nobody ever says what it is or how to join.

Will be interesting to see what pilots we get if any from this set...  I imagine they'll go one the base plate, I'm hoping the UCS snowspeeder is rather big.

7 hours ago, LL924 said:

This is purely speculation, but could it be a Saw Gerrera.  He could be in a retail exclusive set that we haven't seen/heard of yet.

If the image of the pilots is real then I'm inclined to believe this is the usual factor leak photo when a few of the figures are bunched together for a photo.

The Mexican Lego Markeplace Facebook group as well as various eBay sellers from Mexico tend to get figures such as these in bunches... they sold plenty of the Batman and Joker from the UCS Tumbler set.

I'm actually inclined to believe it's real. I'll keep an eye out on the Mexican FB group in case any pop up.

23 hours ago, will said:

(Assuming this is real) My bet is it comes with one of each. The two black helmeted pilots appear to be identical, as do the three white helmeted ones. There's probably duplicates to show off the double sided face, or just the owner showing off the fact that they managed to get duplicates, I dont think its meant to indicate that the set comes with all 5 of them.

It was pointed out on reddit that while the UCS TIE only came with one pilot, TIE Fighters only have one pilot. Snowspeeders have two, so it'd be strange if it came with only one minifig.