Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

At least there would be an official correct Thrawn minifig. But it would be really unfair if it was only available in North America.

I highly doubt that is the case however. Even if they update it, it won't be a NA thing only I think. It is possible they might correct it like Kanan's hair in later Ghost releases, but I think Lego would rather try to sell the existing figure as Admiral and release a big $100 set with Grand Admiral Thrawn, adding another $20 on top of the price just for him.

Edited by JekPorkchops

4 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

I highly doubt that is the case however. Even if they update it, it won't be a NA thing only I think. It is possible they might correct it like Kanan's hair in later Ghost releases, but I think Lego would rather try to sell the existing figure as Admiral and release a big $100 set with Grand Admiral Thrawn, adding another $20 on top of the price just for him.

No way, I bet there will be a new battlepack including 3 Thrawns and an arm printed Boba Fett :wacko:.

Back on topic, non of the sets from this year seem interesting to me, yet I would buy one of those imperial battlepacks if I found one, but if the rebel battlepack included at least one rebel with endor style hat I would be looking for it madly.

On 1/30/2017 at 10:09 AM, Jedi-Bendu said:

Does anyone know if the American Thrawn figure has the yellow pips in his rank bars or is still just two strips of blue pips and red pips?

As someone who just got the new Phantom yesterday, I can confirm that the rank insignia on Thrawn is still incorrect, even in the US release. It's still the two strips of blue and red as seen in the concept art rather than the blue, red, and yellow seen on the final product in the show. :/ Still a quality minifig though.

Edited by Squigly

2 hours ago, Squigly said:

As someone who just got the new Phantom yesterday, I can confirm that the rank insignia on Thrawn is still incorrect, even in the US release. It's still the two strips of blue and red as seen in the concept art rather than the blue, red, and yellow seen on the final product in the show. :/ Still a quality minifig though.

Eh? That quote in your post is from Forresto (on the previous page)....but it has my name and a different date????

(I never asked that question about Thrawn)

Not many of these sets are capturing my attention honestly. They seem to be a step in the right direction though.

Edited by Helghan
clarity

(I don't know if someone has posted about this already, and if they have I am sorry for the duplicate post.)

On the US S@H site LEGO has put up the listings for 75168, 75169, and 75170, along with 75172 and it confirms the already confirmed prices by people who have gotten the sets at TRU early. But the main point is 75168, 75169, and 75170 are all listed as Coming Soon on February 17, 2017.  I don't know if this is an error, or why the Y-Wing still has a March 1 release, but the wait will hopefully be shorter in the US for some or all of the sets!

Feel sorry for you guys. I got the y wing in December and the new star wars sets are well out in stores. I mean Australia gets the Lego batman movie sets later but we get the Star Wars ones earlier.

51 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Feel sorry for you guys. I got the y wing in December and the new star wars sets are well out in stores. I mean Australia gets the Lego batman movie sets later but we get the Star Wars ones earlier.

Well, only half the new star wars sets are out in Australia. The A-wing, Landspeeder, Skiff, and Phantom II aren't getting released in stores here. The y-wing also seems to have mysteriously disappeared off shelves, but at least it was there in the first place

6 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

The Lego Batman movie sets have actually hit retail in Australia. I spotted them in K-Mart earlier today. We'll probably have to wait longer for the Star Wars Summer wave though. The past couple years they didn't appear in stores until around August while the rest of the world got them around May/June.

9 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I've been seeing LBM sets everywhere for almost a month now. Places are already sold out of the minifigures. We don't get the movie until March 30 though, which really sucks because we're just going to end up pirating it like the first movie.

8 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Well, only half the new star wars sets are out in Australia. The A-wing, Landspeeder, Skiff, and Phantom II aren't getting released in stores here. The y-wing also seems to have mysteriously disappeared off shelves, but at least it was there in the first place

Yeah, all the places I've been to have had "product temporarily unavailable" over the price tag for the y-wing. Those sets that we aren't getting in stores are overpriced anyway. $70 for the skiff is insane. $50 for the last one was bad enough.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Yeah, all the places I've been to have had "product temporarily unavailable" over the price tag for the y-wing. Those sets that we aren't getting in stores are overpriced anyway. $70 for the skiff is insane. $50 for the last one was bad enough.

Yes theyre horribly overpriced but its pretty horrible that there are now sets that just arent available here (OK this has been going on for a while, neither the Azure Angel II, the zygerian starfighter, the A-wing vs TIE advanced, or Rex's AT-TE were available here, but literally 50% of star wars sets not made available here were in THIS WAVE, this BS is ramping up). Im sure TLG doesnt consider them overpriced, so its not like that's why they're not available, therefore its possible that a future set which isnt overpriced (HAH, like theyre a thing...) will not be available here.

Edited by Magmafrost

7 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

Yes theyre horribly overpriced but its pretty horrible that there are now sets that just arent available here (OK this has been going on for a while, neither the Azure Angel II, the zygerian starfighter, the A-wing vs TIE advanced, or Rex's AT-TE were available here, but literally 50% of star wars sets not made available here were in THIS WAVE, this BS is ramping up). Im sure TLG doesnt consider them overpriced, so its not like that's why they're not available, therefore its possible that a future set which isnt overpriced (HAH, like theyre a thing...) will not be available here.

Zygerian starfighter was availble in myers a few years ago as their exclusive.

Maybe we will get the rogue one sets on the 1st of march, but the others will come feb. 17th? This is great news though. Glad i'll be able to get these sets earlier. I feel like i've been waiting forever. 

5 hours ago, jhaelego said:

Maybe we will get the rogue one sets on the 1st of march, but the others will come feb. 17th? This is great news though. Glad i'll be able to get these sets earlier. I feel like i've been waiting forever. 

You and me both. I really can't wait for Friday as it has still been seemingly forever so I am going to see if TRU has one of the smaller sets early although I will wait to buy the larger ones during the double points period in March.

39 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

The what?

It was that weird Clone Wars set with the Nikto, Obi Wan disguised as a bounty hunter, and Cad Bane in the alternate outfit.

Oh the Starhopper, I've never heard it called that before. That was exclusive to Myer, where I got it.

That's hardly a recent release and is pretty off-topic... after a recent pre-emptive warning by S2S...

23 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

I managed to get the y-wing on a 20% off sale. Lucky me! True about the others sets though, bit weird how they are doing two waves.

17 hours ago, wesker said:

The Lego Batman movie sets have actually hit retail in Australia. I spotted them in K-Mart earlier today. We'll probably have to wait longer for the Star Wars Summer wave though. The past couple years they didn't appear in stores until around August while the rest of the world got them around May/June.

Haven't been out shopping for a while. But in the U.S.A the sets came out in December and January, but here we only got the minifigures in January and the sets were given a February release date (according to the catalogue). Then again, according to the lego catalogue the Star Wars sets were scheduled for a January release as well, not December. Come to think of it, the  A-wing, Landspeeder, Skiff, and Phantom II aren't in the catalogue.

http://jaysbrickblog.com/2017/01/05/australian-lego-release-dates-first-half-of-2017-sets-january-june/

15 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I've been seeing LBM sets everywhere for almost a month now. Places are already sold out of the minifigures. We don't get the movie until March 30 though, which really sucks because we're just going to end up pirating it like the first movie.

Managed to get the figures I wanted in the first week of them coming out. $70 for the skiff! WHAT??????????????????

22 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

$70 for the skiff! WHAT??????????????????

$50 for the landspeeder is worse IMO. An insane 33c per piece, its almost half as expensive as the entire cantina set. Not to mention its roughly twice the price of a battle back, for roughly the same piece and minifig count.

1 hour ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Haven't been out shopping for a while. But in the U.S.A the sets came out in December and January, but here we only got the minifigures in January and the sets were given a February release date (according to the catalogue). Then again, according to the lego catalogue the Star Wars sets were scheduled for a January release as well, not December. Come to think of it, the  A-wing, Landspeeder, Skiff, and Phantom II aren't in the catalogue.

The sets did not come out in December/January in the US. 3 sets are coming out some time this month and the rest in March. I believe Europe received the sets in December/January.

4 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

The sets did not come out in December/January in the US. 3 sets are coming out some time this month and the rest in March. I believe Europe received the sets in December/January.

Just to clarify, I was talking about the Lego batman movie sets and how the USA gets those ahead of Australia, but Australia gets the Star Wars sets before the U.S.A

4 hours ago, MaxTube55 said:

You and me both. I really can't wait for Friday as it has still been seemingly forever so I am going to see if TRU has one of the smaller sets early although I will wait to buy the larger ones during the double points period in March.

Amazon.com has some of them available for pre-order (either February 17 or March 1).  Only three days ago the Microfighters and one of the Battle Packs were available.  I couldn't believe my eyes, and I ordered them with Amazon Prime.  The next day, the listings had switched to pre-orders.  Anyway, the sets arrived today, and I am tremendously thankful and happy.  That said, at least half the wave should be available this Friday, so all will be soon be well (personally, I really want 75172)!

On 2/11/2017 at 6:12 PM, JACKATTACKS said:

Well, I got lucky because the wait sort of ended five days early for me, but I thank you for the empathy all the same.  To be fair, though, I understand that the United States has the lowest LEGO prices in general, which is also an unequal situation.  I guess we have no control over these things for the most part.  I'm gonna get that Y-Wing soon!  :wink: