Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

24 minutes ago, LordLEGOtube said:

UCS bb8 seems really unlikely, it won't have any poseability that wouldn't conflict with the design or move ability of the set which would be almost impossible to do. The original post that sparked this said:

First of all, a UCS BB8 would not be 'outside the box' since there was a UCS R2-D2 in 2012. It's not going to be something new or original.

'Outside the sphere' cannot be a reference to BB8, how is BB8 outside of a sphere? He is a sphere!

Since it is the 40th anniversary of STAR WARS (the title A New Hope is only 36 years old) this year they will most likely capitalise on this for the UCS sets. A Death Star trench fits both 'outside the box' and 'outside the sphere' since it will be something different and not seen before, and also outside the Death Star.

Agree... could analysis

The clone gunner with the tank set, does it appear in the movies at all? I have a vague memory of gunners during the Battle of Coruscant, but not sure if they had the same colours and markings.

I really like the recent (since 2012ish) of making slightly smaller, sturdier and more complete versions of what came before, the Star Destroyer being the most obvious example. The tank seems to be in the same vain, which I think is a good thing. 

Right now I'm working out the best way to get the 2015 Falcon and Rathtar Escape sets, as I'd like to save as much as I can on superfluous Hans, Chewies, Reys, Finns and BB-8s! 

On February 7, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Forresto said:

Sphere? UCS RATHTAR? :wub:

All kidding aside BB8 UCS would be a genius idea. Clearly regardless of where we stand with it some of the best parts of the Force Awakens were unequivocally BB-8. Hes an instantly beloved and iconic character and if released now it would most likely be in stock the duration of the sequel movies release schedule.

On February 7, 2017 at 1:50 PM, Sir von Lego said:

So, seems logical then..

Anf there is hope that 2018 will even be a better year for LEGO enthusiasts..(-;

This reply by the reliable Sir VL appears to me to be the most compelling indication of the potential for a BB8 UCS.  

3 hours ago, LordLEGOtube said:

UCS bb8 seems really unlikely, it won't have any poseability that wouldn't conflict with the design or move ability of the set which would be almost impossible to do. The original post that sparked this said:

First of all, a UCS BB8 would not be 'outside the box' since there was a UCS R2-D2 in 2012. It's not going to be something new or original.

'Outside the sphere' cannot be a reference to BB8, how is BB8 outside of a sphere? He is a sphere!

Since it is the 40th anniversary of STAR WARS (the title A New Hope is only 36 years old) this year they will most likely capitalise on this for the UCS sets. A Death Star trench fits both 'outside the box' and 'outside the sphere' since it will be something different and not seen before, and also outside the Death Star.

SVL said it was going to be something completely new. A BB8 is completely new.  BB8 doesn't need any poseability, just check out anios ucs version, it's pretty much if not, spot on all that needs to be for a UCS. Do you think they designed the SSD for 'move ability'? It's a static display piece. Just like TLG know a lot of the UCS sets are.   

You are taking  words way too literal. The hint was purely, 'sphere'. That is all. 'think outside the...' was just a context to put it in. Just read the rest of deltacustoms and SVL's posts will at least attest to the word 'sphere' being the hint. While I personally believe it is BB8, I agree that it is not confirmed enough in their posts to guarantee that's what they are hinting at, but a trench run? I'd bet on it 100% not being that. Technically speaking the way you were trying to perceive the words to be, it can't be the trench run because the trench is in the sphere, not outside it. So by your own method, you are incorrect.

It's a sphere, a droid in the movie(s) and it's been called right a few times over the last few pages.

Need any more hints?

On 7.2.2017 at 9:50 PM, Sir von Lego said:

So, seems logical then..

Anf there is hope that 2018 will even be a better year for LEGO enthusiasts..(-;

Ok, but what's your source?

And do you have any inforamtion regarding the other UCS - sets?

49 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

It's a sphere, a droid in the movie(s) and it's been called right a few times over the last few pages.

Need any more hints?

Its IT-O Interrogation Unit, I knew it!

And I did some research. I was able to find a Phase 2 Clonegunner in the old ROTS toyline

Review_ATTETankGunnerROTS_stillA.JPG

But he has the wrong armor. This guy seems to be using Phase 2 chest armor like in clone wars

fury.jpg

1 hour ago, pittpenguin123 said:

And I did some research. I was able to find a Phase 2 Clonegunner in the old ROTS toyline

I think this is the Clone it's supposed to be. The chest armor printing matches the action figure, it's off center where the Clone Wars gunner is symmetrical.

2 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Need any more hints?

Thanks @Kevii23! That's my kinda hint :D

2 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Need any more hints?

i am glad that it is this. saves me some money.

UCS BB-8 would be the easiest LSW pass of all time for me.  I understand his place in TFA but that's about it.  I have zero interest in owning a UCS version of it.

2 minutes ago, j30spiff said:

UCS BB-8 would be the easiest LSW pass of all time for me.  I understand his place in TFA but that's about it.  I have zero interest in owning a UCS version of it.

I agree. I like BB-8, but a UCS version of him is one of the stupidest ideas I can think of, in my opinion. However, I guess kids like him, so a UCS BB-8 could theoretically work out, depending on how expensive he is.

UCS BB-8? Definitely a pass. Most likely, the exclusive mini figure will just be the regular BB-8 we get all of the time. So really, theres no point in buying it. Now a UCS Vader bust is what we should have got!!

Edited by GryffindorResistance

4 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Need any more hints?

well it's actually, like someone else here just reminded of, it's outside the sphere... it's not the sphere... so it might be Poe Damerons megablocks...

It might be hard to understand without the right pronounciation, but i think it's really clear what Delta Customs meant with "sphere". He simply hooked on an earlier post (the one with the box) and used it to bring the ball into the game...

Guys, until we receive further info on the upcoming UCS sets, please stop speculating about whether it's BB8 or some other set. You need to stop cluttering the thread.

Just now, MKJoshA said:

Guys, until we receive further info on the upcoming UCS sets, please stop speculating about whether it's BB8 or some other set. You need to stop cluttering the thread.

4 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Need any more hints?

But isn't this good enough proof? From a reliable SW leaker?

18 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

But isn't this good enough proof? From a reliable SW leaker?

Nope. If he had said, "I saw it and can confirm it's BB8..." then we'd have a rumor. As of right now it's still speculation. Some speculation is okay. 3 pages is not.

NO! It's not. If he made a solid statement, "there's a UCS BB-8 later this year guys," that would be a legitimate rumor...but he didn't. Of course, if people figure out who Sir von Lego is, that might bite him in the ass down the road, which is why he's probably playin' games.

Speculation, wish lists, fake news...keep it up!  I got lots of room in the chamber and I'm off this weekend so I can start snatchin' people up at anytime.

3 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Nope. If he had said, "I saw it and can confirm it's BB8..." then we'd have a rumor. As of right now it's still speculation. Some speculation is okay. 3 pages is not.

Just now, Stash2Sixx said:

NO! It's not. If he made a solid statement, "there's a UCS BB-8 later this year guys," that would be a legitimate rumor...but he didn't. Of course, if people figure out who Sir von Lego is, that might bite him in the megablocks down the road, which is why he's probably playin' games.

OK! That settles it then, thanks :classic:

anyone seen the new winter sets stateside for sale yet?

sphere? i think millennium falcon, star killer or death star ii who knows

Edited by MKJoshA
Please read the posts before yours on this page.

Does anyone know if the American Thrawn figure has the yellow pips in his rank bars or is still just two strips of blue pips and red pips?