Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

9 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

R3-M2?

I doubt, it has already been given out in places, isn't may the fourth supposed to be exclusive for that event?

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

I don't think we got prelims of TFA sets at all, right? I just remember seeing hi-res pictures drop out of nowhere sometime around August or September.

We did get prelims, I don't remember what month it was but I'm sure I remember seeing them.

2 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

Given its 40th anniversary of a new hope, what about theĀ trench run. Ā It's outside of the 'sphere' and is an iconic scene and never been done and would be a large piece count.

That was a smart idea, and it's also relating to the ANH, well if that would be the reference, then actually anything around the DS at any occasion during any of the movies, with also could imply for example the Yavin rebel base

Wasn't trying to suggest we would get TLJ images at Toy Fair but there's a fair chance we'll see them before theĀ September releaseĀ Ā - after all,Ā we got Rogue One leaks in May/June, and TFA leaks in August. My point moreso was that we'll have a steady feed of images and rumours to keep ourselves from tearing one another's throat out over a rumoured spherical UCS setĀ ;D

3 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

Wasn't trying to suggest we would get TLJ images at Toy Fair but there's a fair chance we'll see them before theĀ September releaseĀ Ā - after all,Ā we got Rogue One leaks in May/June, and TFA leaks in August. My point moreso was that we'll have a steady feed of images and rumours to keep ourselves from tearing one another's throat out over a rumoured spherical UCS setĀ ;D

I recon we'll get at least descriptions of TLJ sets from NYTF, I just don't remember this time two years ago people already seeing TFA sets, maybe this time around Lego's a bit more slack.

Buy the way guys, do we know how long Lego has to renew the SW Licence?Ā 

7 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I recon we'll get at least descriptions of TLJ sets from NYTF, I just don't remember this time two years ago people already seeing TFA sets, maybe this time around Lego's a bit more slack.

TLJ's a bit different though since it was originally meant to release in May. The TFA sets probably werent finished this time 2015.

19 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

They have the licence until 2020

48 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

They have the licence until 2020

Well I'm sure that'll get renewed given that the last part in this trilogy is coming out in 2019, and also the fact that we're going to be getting one more trilogy after that.Ā Ā 

59 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

TLJ's a bit different though since it was originally meant to release in May. The TFA sets probably werent finished this time 2015.

That's true, I did forget about that.Ā 

36 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Well I'm sure that'll get renewed given that the last part in this trilogy is coming out in 2019, and also the fact that we're going to be getting one more trilogy after that.

Not immediately obviously. It'll be at least 10 years before another trilogy in the main series is made. Plenty of spin-off movies/tv showsĀ though. Still, LEGO isn't losing the license any time soon. Disney and LEGO would be insane if they were to let anything change.

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

We did get prelims, I don't remember what month it was but I'm sure I remember seeing them.

We got a grainy picture of the box of Kylo Ren's shuttle pretty early on in 2015,Ā but I don't think it was February...

26 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Not immediately obviously. It'll be at least 10 years before another trilogy in the main series is made. Plenty of spin-off movies/tv showsĀ though. Still, LEGO isn't losing the license any time soon. Disney and LEGO would be insane if they were to let anything change.

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Ā Now Star Wars is with Disney then quite possibly it could be sooner than you think. Ā I recon after the release of Episode 9 we'll only have to wait 5 years. I would like a movie about the huge Jedi/Sith battle that took place though.:grin:Ā Ā 

Quite honestly though I think it's incredible how long Lego were able to draw from just six movies, and haveĀ two waves of sets per year for over a decade! Ā Now with the new trilogy, rebels, spin-offs and much more,Ā it makes me think they are going to hold the licence for a very long time.Ā :tongue:

1 hour ago, LL924 said:

We got a grainy picture of the box of Kylo Ren's shuttle pretty early on in 2015,Ā but I don't think it was February...

It was in May. The floodgates then opened so to speak, and we got plenty of leaked minifigures and set images soon after.

However, this time may be a bit different. Judging by the fact that TLJ was originally scheduled to be released in May, and coupled with the fact that the sets have already been shown off behind closed doors, I'd say we can expect to see some leaked images relatively soon.

5 hours ago, Joshibenj said:

The y-wing is on the us Lego website at $70 told ya!

I just checked. It's still $60 on the U.S. website, so I don't know what you're on about. I also don't know why you'dĀ wantĀ it to be $70.

Edited by Nokturn

21 minutes ago, Nokturn said:

It was in May. The floodgates then opened so to speak, and we got plenty of leaked minifigures and set images sooner.

However, this time may be a bit different. Judging by the fact that TLJ was originally scheduled to be released in May, and coupled with the fact that the sets have already been shown off behind closed doors, I'd say we can expect to see some leaked images relatively soon.

Well we've already seen leaked minifigures haven't we? Ā Not long until we get our lego Whistleblower.:laugh:

keeping with the current trend of being transparent as possible. I am speculating that if this spherical UCS is Not BB-8, then what about the Trade Federation Control Ship, and its Spherical 'Core'. it fits the hint rather well I'd say. sphere, and outside it all in one ship. We've not seen a UCS of it or any other scale that I'm aware of, so it wouldn't be a rehash. I don't believe it counts as a play set though the arms of the ship could be filled with play features. honestly and it might just be me but I see it as a plausible alternative to the BB-8 theory.

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I do remember seeing several pictures of manuals/boxes pop up in early-mid July 2015. Ā Probably the week of July 12th. Ā Certainly things were revealed in the trailers and possibly other toy lines, but I don't recall seeing pictures of the LEGO sets prior to that.

In 2016, first pictures of the TIE Striker (i.e., pictures of the concept art) leaked in May and we had high-resolution final pics of the sets in early June. Of course that was extremely early by all standards, but it's as likely as TFA's relatively late leaks (remember the hype around 7 was HUGE - 8 won't get anywhere near that level). Rumour has it this year's Force Friday will be September 1st, which would mean TLJ sets release a full month earlier than the Rogue One sets.

The last few waves showed that there is still huge variance in leaks, of course - we only got pictures for some January sets in late November, followed by summer set pictures only two months later.

Stash and Jim have been very patient with you all. But if I read one more "maybe" or "what if" statement (or any variation of it) in the next few hours there will be trouble. Please stop speculating. That's what this thread is for. And if you have general questions (like what's the May the 4th promo, or when is the toy fair), that what this thread is for. Keep this thread reserved for talking about somewhat verified rumors.

1 minute ago, Legofan2001 said:

PSA the phantom is only 30 bucks in America not 40 which means that the a wing is likely 40 not 50!

what ever, but the A wing is only at LEGO store