Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

If that were the case then where is the Flying Dutchman?  Where is the Invisible Hand?  They both reached 10,000 supporters but yet they haven't been made into Lego sets yet.  I just hope that the new cuusoo Cloud City project gets 10,000 supports and at least mabye then we'll get that set. 

I'm pretty sure that TLG knows that Cloud City is anticipated. That it will as well as the Millennium Falcon when it comes sell like butter. But in the same time, they might not be in a hurry to realize any of them, if they have other ideas that they are sure will bring success, they might only release a new UCS MF or CC when they actually out of ideas or they had a bad year of general sales. 

24 minutes ago, Brickbashbosh said:

I wasn't speculating anything as stated merely expressing my personal take on the information/ rumours provided. Point taken on the weight. 

Well there is nothing leading to a BB-8 UCS at all, the only information is 1. Something new 2. Not a playset. Where at least the later still gives considerable option, just only that the UCS will not be full of a number of playable features such as stud shooters and falling walls.... that's it! So all this speculation is just a waste of time, and worse, it's misleading 

I don't think a UCS BB-8 similar to the 10225 R2-D2 makes much sense at this point. Lucasfilm has purposely not shown any images of BB-8's functions in books to allow for the movies to reveal previously unseen functions (like R2 flying in Episode 2). If Disney made a UCS BB-8 now, they would not be able to include any BB-8 functions  revealed in episodes 8 and 9. I just think a UCS BB-8 would better coincide with episode 9 after BB-8's hidden abilities have been unveiled.

3a556f6705290d6a8c8af3ea64db5c42.jpg

Edited by starwarslotrluvva
Picture adjusting

God, this thread is hard to follow. What here's rumours? What's confirmed? The set is supposedly spherical now? Where'd that come from? A UCS BB-8?

No one said it was spherical.

I reckon it's a brickbuilt lightsaber on a display plinth/stand. Or, a landspeeder or a trench run. Lets start some new rumours and kill this silly BB-8 rumour ! (not that I know anything :laugh: )

This has become speculative guessing as to what a possible set will be in 2017.  It has gone from rumor to wild guesses.  I ask you to please stop and revert the conversation back to where it should be.  Responses from this point forward that are creating issue will be dealt with.

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

God, this thread is hard to follow. What here's rumours? What's confirmed? The set is supposedly spherical now? Where'd that come from? A UCS BB-8?

Sir Von said the UCS will be spherical and not a rehash of a previous UCS. This has led to the most likely option of BB8, as I imagine the DS1 is too close to the UCS DS2. Thats all. As Stash said though it has veered into speculation so you havent missed anything factual.

Edited by Forresto

2 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Lego didnt give R2 any of his features. They could do the same for BB-8

10225 R2-D2 had a rotating head, retractable third leg, computer interface arm, and saw. The saw was first seen in Return of the Jedi. Imagine if Lego had made the UCS R2 after A New Hope. They wouldn't have added the saw because it wasn't revealed until a later film.

14 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Sir Von said the UCS will be spherical and not a rehash of a previous UCS. This has led to the most likely option of BB8, as I imagine the DS1 is too close to the UCS DS2. Thats all. As Stash said though it has veered into speculation so you havent missed anything factual.

I think it was Deltacustoms who brought the word 'sphere' into the game, not SVL.

But correct me if i'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Read from where you last left off. Not hard to follow.

I'm not particularly interested in any of the possible UCS sets this year. I think I'll just stock up on the battlepacks and keep bricklinking the unique things.

5 minutes ago, Criss said:

I think it was Deltacustoms who brought the word 'sphere' into the game, not SVL.

But correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes it was him. BB 8 seems most likely.

hopefully some new picture leaks will appear soon, so we can make a step forward to something more relevant than this "guess what will it be"

58 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Thanks.

It's definitely worth picking up next months Lego Star Wars magazine, especially if you haven't got the Kanan's speeder bike set.  Not a bad build this month either.  Sorry about the picture, I took it in Tescos.

31971519343_c7e6c8f6a7_z_d.jpg32405381800_b384f6e74e_z_d.jpg

Thanks for the heads up rich. Two nice little sets in that magazine. It's a sad state of affairs when I'm  most excited that they put a classic blaster in a poly bag. Here I was thinking they couldn't mass produce that part anymore :classic:

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

This has become speculative guessing as to what a possible set will be in 2017.  It has gone from rumor to wild guesses.  I ask you to please stop and revert the conversation back to where it should be.  Responses from this point forward that are creating issue will be dealt with.

If this is just guessing 'I heard from a very reliable source' we are getting a jar jar binks bust to celebrate 40 years

Just now, Han solo died said:

If this is just guessing 'I heard from a very reliable source' we are getting a jar jar binks bust to celebrate 40 years

Unless you really did, please don't fabricate rumors.

On 25/05/2016 at 0:49 PM, Stash2Sixx said:

You post fabricated information; you can expect to be banned. It's not worth the fifteen minutes of Internet fame.

20 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Unless you really did, please don't fabricate rumors.

I did this to summarize what this sub-forum had turned into, a place to make radical assumptions with no evidence to back them up. I did this to show you what you had become and what it feels like to read these rumours and get your hopes up with nothing happening in the end. I put what stash2sixx said in a generic post with speech marks to indicate SARCASM.

Edited by Han solo died
It didn't type the first time

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Yes it was him. BB 8 seems most likely.

Or maybe what he did was actually a joke, by changing box to sphere, he made some kind of scifi joke by referring to a book about the philosophical perspectives on the universe, and not giving a hint about the future UCS... this is actually not maybe, this is what he did so PLEASE drop the BB8 reference because it's NOT happening...

1 hour ago, starwarslotrluvva said:

10225 R2-D2 had a rotating head, retractable third leg, computer interface arm, and saw. The saw was first seen in Return of the Jedi. Imagine if Lego had made the UCS R2 after A New Hope. They wouldn't have added the saw because it wasn't revealed until a later film.

Forgot he had the arms. 

But look at R2's tools so many of them are conflicting. If they didnt know about the saw they could of gave him one of the arms that were in ANH. 

Also we know some of BB-8s tools allready, a storage compartment, a lighter, an arc welder, a saw, and magnet cables, 

2 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Or maybe what he did was actually a joke, by changing box to sphere, he made some kind of scifi joke by referring to a book about the philosophical perspectives on the universe, and not giving a hint about the future UCS... this is actually not maybe, this is what he did so PLEASE drop the BB8 reference because it's NOT happening...

I think this is actually way less likely. The word "sphere" was the hint, and as it has been repeatedly said that it is not a rehash, it's either a planet, or BB-8. The latter of which Sir Von Lego responded saying something along the lines of "so it seems logical then" which I take as confirming that it is BB-8 until he comes on here and tells us all we're wrong.

Just now, Sneakguest said:

I am super confused :wacko: are you joking?

19 minutes ago, Goonmo said:

I think this is actually way less likely. The word "sphere" was the hint, and as it has been repeatedly said that it is not a rehash, it's either a planet, or BB-8. The latter of which Sir Von Lego responded saying something along the lines of "so it seems logical then" which I take as confirming that it is BB-8 until he comes on here and tells us all we're wrong.

Well I just suggest that you google "think outside the sphere"... I just think people here want to take anything they hear as a hint... but yes I agree with you, he should just confirm what he meant so this BB8 nonsense can stop...

Or maybe we just all wait and see...no one has to confirm anything if they cant. This is a rumor thread afterall, we ruminate. let us listen to Stash, without any facts its pointless arguing whether something exists that no one can properly prove or disprove.

48 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

God dude, why do you have to be so much of a stickler. Let people speculate about what they want, no one needs you to be a pessimist shooting down everything anyone says. 

And actually, you're completely wrong. What I said is 100% a hint at what it is, so you can keep your trap shut about what you don't know.