Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

36 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

I guess if we take the episode 8 sets as LEGO's focus then this stuff is all just bonus content. So far the episode 7 and Rogue One sets have been as good as the source material allows.

I was hoping for something more impressive - the January wave was hardly a classic either. Where's my new AT-ACT LEGO?

Yes, the lack of AT-ACT is interesting, maybe they will release it sometime in the near future, but if not these waves, I'm not sure they will take away a slot from the bigger sets related to TLJ..

5 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we think we're going to get the Finalizer? 

I think it's very likely, we can probably expect to see it in the future movies too, so tying in to my previous reply, that is probably going to be another big set in the next few waves...I hope.

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

Yes, and those are "profesional" customs and their creators are selling it. Who's going to make a really nice custom minifig just to make a fake thread in reddit?

I don't want to be hyped neither, and I even think it's a little weird to come from Lego, but we must accept this is not a known custom minifig.

This is a great point, yes customs can be made that are this good but they tend to be well known to the community as they are being sold openly for everyone to see. Making a Lando this good seems like a lot of effort to troll a limited number of Lego fans.

like everyone here I'm a little excited there is a possibility we could be getting a new cloud city set.

What seems weird to me is the fact that Lando`s legs look a bit dusty at the leaked picture. The legs of Vader and the supposed Bespin guard show some signs of usage.

Definitively uncommon for new figs!

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

4 sets are no-brainers for me: FO & Bounty Hunter BP’s, Rathtar Escape, Quadjumper. 1st day purchases.

Regarding the (ridiculous as far as I’m concerned) claims it’s an TLJ/VIII set (because it’s just briefly featured in TFA):

-The set has TFA figs

-Resistance Transport, FO snowspeeder. Both were also briefly seen in TFA…just like the AT-ST in Rogue One...

-Not every LEGO set has to be a logical choice: the new Republic Tank isn’t even canon! (Since Aayla is included it’s clearly based on it’s appearance in an old comic which is ‘Legends’ now)

42 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Regarding the (ridiculous as far as I’m concerned) claims it’s an TLJ/VIII set (because it’s just briefly featured in TFA):

-The set has TFA figs

-Resistance Transport, FO snowspeeder. Both were also briefly seen in TFA…just like the AT-ST in Rogue One...

-Not every LEGO set has to be a logical choice: the new Republic Tank isn’t even canon! (Since Aayla is included it’s clearly based on it’s appearance in an old comic which is ‘Legends’ now)

Thank you!

46 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

4 sets are no-brainers for me: FO & Bounty Hunter BP’s, Rathtar Escape, Quadjumper. 1st day purchases.

-The set has TFA figs

Hey, take it easy, i was just making a guess, and i wasn't even arguing. I think you have the point, not every choice lego make is logical, I knew it from the past. 

I'm sorry if i make anyone unhappy for throwing out a blind guess. Have a nice day guys !

it seems that the new Lando is using the new nowadays terrible dark blue color legs too... I really dislike that color

18 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

This Lando is unlikely to be a custom, as he features a head from the Winter 2017 A-Wing, one that isn't yet widely available to the entire world. So one would have to go through quite the effort to get that head, and then make a printed/decaled torso for him. Still possible of being fake, but let's assume it's real.

Maybe he could be included in this years advent calendar as young Boba Fett and U-3PO were in past years? although I suppose he would be on the box as he's pretty important. Or, Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter is another misleading name for an entirely different set? 75135 was originally on rumor lists as Anakin's Podracer and even some stores had it named as such on price labels, so maybe what we think is a retail exclusive Jedi Starfighter is a Cloud City set instead. Maybe a Cloud Car or Dining Room scene.

Or it's a fake and we'll never get another Cloud City set ever.

26 minutes ago, Goonmo said:

Maybe he could be included in this years advent calendar as young Boba Fett and U-3PO were in past years? although I suppose he would be on the box as he's pretty important. Or, Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter is another misleading name for an entirely different set? 75135 was originally on rumor lists as Anakin's Podracer and even some stores had it named as such on price labels, so maybe what we think is a retail exclusive Jedi Starfighter is a Cloud City set instead. Maybe a Cloud Car or Dining Room scene.

That's a good point! Lando's inclusion will make Advent Calendar much more desirable and we'll finally have updated Ep 5 Lando . Plus it's a 40$ set, so everyone will be able to get him.

ps it would explain why he has no cape, since Calendars usually don't include them.

Edited by benderisgreat

8 hours ago, Archer said:

I think the Officer in the first order Battle pack is blue, there were a few blue uniformed officers in TFA.

I'm glad someone else else thought that, dark blue is more screen accurate than black for the uniformed guys.

19 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Maybe they'll look something like this, albeit with a stud shooter?

Also, I doubt stud shooters are full-on replacing regular blasters. Bala-Tik and Han have regular blasters in that set too. I just think that LEGO slaps on stud shooters if they run out of playability options (I know I would too if I was a designer :laugh:)

What, molded heads? I thought those guys just wore helmets. Are they droids or something?

8 minutes ago, General Magma said:

What, molded heads? I thought those guys just wore helmets. Are they droids or something?

Cyborgs.

25 minutes ago, General Magma said:

Cyborgs, from what I understand. I think the circles in their faces facilitate the fast transmission of data and communication between each other. (Del Ray visual encyclopedia)

Edit: [Haha, Jedi-Bendu you beat me to it!]

FishW said yesterday: "Nice. If you notice the left is a stormtooper, the top right is vader, and the top left looks to be blue legs, maybe a cloud city guard. Who knows if it is official, but the other figures around it would indicate a Cloud City setup at least." I can't seem to find where or what the image is that we are talking about. Although I found the higher resolution prelim box images both on Reddit and the Russian site - can anyone tell me what image we are talking about?

I really hope that if there is another Cloud City coming that it is at least $200, it has to be big and beautiful. It should make all our Lego Cloud City dreams come true. It has to be a large playset of they shouldn't even bother doing one. Is there any possibility that they'd do a UCS Cloud Car? 

For those hating on the quadjumper because it gets offed too quickly, watch TFA again. Unkar Plutt (I hate that guy) has at least two of them. When Rey and Finn are running, after the first one blows up, you can see they pass by another quadjumper (it's green) before escaping Jakku. 

I took a long look scrutinizing the high(er) res box for the Rathtar Escape last night. I was trying to figure out what the mechanisms do. The kit is still a mystery to me... it looks like the walls collapse in on each other or something. Also, the build has stilts. Why? Maybe there's an underneath passage that Rey and Finn can go in, even though they aren't in the set. Or, maybe the set needs clearance for the rathtars' swinging tentacles.  As for the rathtars, looks like they are using the white "teeth" pieces and forms a circle of 8 and they are articulated by red bad robot arms.

Edited by darththeling
cyborgs!

1 hour ago, DEAD1974 said:

it seems that the new Lando is using the new nowadays terrible dark blue color legs too... I really dislike that color

It's entirely accurate however, so I'll accept it wholeheartedly.

Landoamidala_detail.png

I like the look of the quad jumper & the two battle packs,  the rathtar leaves me a bit cold tbh the biker scout and speeder bike could be my first figure too

not sure on the free make ones ? be interested to see them properly maybe look to pick them up of e-bay with out figures at a reduce cost ?

can any one make out the 5th figure in the quad jumper I can work out Rey, Fin, BB8 & the Storm Trooper but I cannot make out the other

The person that posted that Lando picture on Reddit has a name eerily similar to someone who was unreliable and known for scamming people in the community over on Flickr. 

When asked where he got the picture from, he said he got it off Reddit, but then the post was conviniently deleted. How coincidental. 

Whether not that has anything to do with the figure being real or not is up to you. 

Edited by Delta Customs

It's interesting that the two freemaker sets both have a previously appeared minifig, one has the ugnaught, the other the Ithorian. I don't think these will be included at all... wonder if the rest of the minifigs will also change? Perhaps new versions of xander etc.

The regular sets look cool, I'm particulary looking forward to the Republic Hover Tank. TFA sets won't be on my list as usual. I wonder if the Advent calender will include the parka of the FO snowtrooper this time.

Weird as the image of the Republic Hover tank points at a new battle droid version :tongue:

Note that under every minifigure it says <minifigure name>, so sadly we can't deduce anything from there.

The troopers in the FO battlepack seem to carry a new sort of shield piece.

And why is there a TIE pilot in the Arrowhead? Is there a new freemaker series on the way or are these sets still from the old series?

If previous Advent Calendars are of any reference Lego has been really shy about including cloth pieces, like the snow trooper. 

Releasing Lando with no cape piece would be like releasing Vader without his helmet: it doesn't make any sense. 

3 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

The person that posted that Lando picture on Reddit has a name eerily similar to someone who was unreliable and known for scamming people in the community over on Flickr. 

When asked where he got the picture from, he said he got it off Reddit, but then the post was conviniently deleted. How convinient. 

Whether not that has anything to do with the figure being real or not is up to you. 

Thank you for the info @Delta Customs. I still hope that it's real and that we are getting a Cloud City.

2 minutes ago, TWP said:

And why is there a TIE pilot in the Arrowhead? Is there a new freemaker series on the way or are these sets still from the old series?

Season 2 of Freemaker Adventures is coming soon I think.

2 hours ago, Goonmo said:

I discard totally the Advent Calendar. He is not in the box and it would be the "main minifig".

And I can discard another small/medium set about cloud city. Why? The minifigs. We have in the picture Vader, Lando, a buckethead and a Bespin guard. The only moment with these characters together is the "perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly?" scene.

I highly doubt they are going making a set of that scene. The other option would be the other half of the Carbon freezing chamber, but I highly doubt that too.

Just now, hachiroku said:

I highly doubt they are going making a set of that scene. The other option would be the other half of the Carbon freezing chamber, but I highly doubt that too.

That's impossible. I have that set and the mechanism prevents another half being added.