Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Just saw new prelim pictures of summer sets. Quadjumper is really big set, very bulky but looks interesting enough to buy.

Rathtar Escape is a great looking playset kinda like DS Final Duel from 2015. 3 Guavians with new molded heads, Bala Tik , Han(old hair) and Chewie. Rathtars are definitely brick built and there's 2 of them. The corridor looks big enough and pretty close to the one from TFA. 

And Bounty Hunter Battlepack still uses s tied shooters even for a named characters! Why?! Definitely includes Dengar, Bossk and IG-88 , but I can't see 4 th minifig clearly.

As for the previously seen sets like Freemakers and Vader Transformation they look unchanged. 

You gotta be kidding me! I look away for a couple of hours... MAN!

I totally get that the link needed to be removed, but any advice at where I may find this? wink wink ;)

The speeder (with scout trooper) looks great and will pick up the bounty hunter set.

Edited by will

Just now, Brickr said:

You gotta be kidding me! I look away for a couple of hours... MAN!

I totally get that the link needed to be removed, but any advice at where I may find this? wink wink ;)

Go to reddit

Thanks, benderisgreat!

I'm really surprised how much I like the Rathtar Escape, I can see that selling well.  It's good to have another set with Episode VII Han, apart from the Falcon so it should give anyone with a limited budget the opportunity to own him.  The Rathtar seems to have been 'inspired' by the Doctor Strange set, although I'm not saying that's a bad thing.  I'm not sure about the Bounty Hunter Battle Pack - the image is a bit fuzzy but that looks like the old Bossk?  Darth Vader's Transformation looks brilliant if a little smaller than the earlier images indicated.  I'd expect that to be in the £20-£25 range, but time will tell.

All we need is a UCS Snowspeeder & Falcon this year, and I'll be a happy bunny! :laugh:

Got it, can't wait to get a good look later, at first glance they look like prelims in some cases (I hope so anyway, as some look a bit unfinished).

Just now, Lobot said:

Thanks, benderisgreat!

I'm really surprised how much I like the Rathtar Escape, I can see that selling well.  It's good to have another set with Episode VII Han, apart from the Falcon so it should give anyone with a limited budget the opportunity to own him.  The Rathtar seems to have been 'inspired' by the Doctor Strange set, although I'm not saying that's a bad thing.  I'm not sure about the Bounty Hunter Battle Pack - the image is a bit fuzzy but that looks like the old Bossk?  Darth Vader's Transformation looks brilliant if a little smaller than the earlier images indicated.  I'd expect that to be in the £20-£25 range, but time will tell.

All we need is a UCS Snowspeeder & Falcon this year, and I'll be a happy bunny! :laugh:

At this stage of production they'll use previous iterations of mini-figs for the box art, it's been consistent like this for the previous prelims. I'm 100% sure they won't use old bossk. ( he looks super dated ). 

The Quadjumper looks nice and I will definitely be purchasing it. Not many ships get a ton of screen time in the Star Wars films, so Lego taking the initiative to save a slot for an otherwise insignificant ship in terms of plot is great. Hopefully we will see other obscure ships or ships only seen in other non-movie media. I assume the fifth minifigure is new, what with the glow; however, Chewbacca has an orange aura as well, so who knows.

The Rathtar set is nice. Looks like the Guavian Death Gang members are sporting RA-7 heads as well. Guess that implies new molds. Odd, a minifigure head would work well, but nothing wrong with accuracy.

The real steal is the Scout Trooper and speeder bike! That looks great. Will have to add that to me collection for sure. First construction figure purchase for me.

13 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

At this stage of production they'll use previous iterations of mini-figs for the box art, it's been consistent like this for the previous prelims. I'm 100% sure they won't use old bossk. ( he looks super dated ). 

In that case you mean they put the DS Droid (sw768) on the Bounty Hunters BP box instead of 4-LOM beacuse this fig isn`t finished at the moment?

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How can you find those pictures?

They are on Reddit.

Edited by Krulis

4 minutes ago, BS2015 said:

I'm pretty sure that included in the quad jumper set is rey in her resistance version!

Ok, so this set makes even less sense now. It shows the gang flying away from Jakku and being chased by TIE fighters, but it includes Rey as she appeared at the end of the movie?

The Scout Trooper and speeder might just be my first constraction set purchase. It looks like a great display piece!

I'm really looking forward to the Rathtar Escape set, so I'm hoping that the finished result looks a bit better than what we're seeing now. I'm worried that the Rathtars themselves won't be complete, and will be part of the environment build itself (not unlike the creature in 76060 Doctor Strange's Sanctum Santorum).

Wow these all look a LOT better then I thought they would.

Rathtar Escape: The way they're built it appears the Rathtars are integrated into the set and are not separate builds. that's a little disappointing but whatever. THREE Guavian Death Gang soldiers though? That is incredibly generous. Personally would rather have had one and a molded Rathtar but i'll take what I can get cause the Guavians looked awesome. Build is really weak sauce, resources could have been shifted for another new mold but whatever. 

Bounty Hunter Battlepack: That's definitely gotta be 4-Lom. It looks like an amazing set for figures, very excited. The fact that the figures are unique I don't know how many multiples will sell but i'll probably buy two or three just for the Trandoshan Mold.

Quadjumper: Absolute zero personal interest but i'm not going to bash it. The ship is unique looking and i'm glad its a set with a good collection of minifigures but i'm gonna pass.

Vader's Transformation: We've already seen good pictures of the build before it looks like a good set especially if you don't own an updated Vader and Palpatine figure.

Wow these sets look great! I like the quadjumper and I hope we see this vehicle model in future movies to a greater extent, it's a cool design. The Rathtar set is really great though I'm disappointed that it seems the Rathtars are built into the structure but I may be wrong. I LOVE the constraction speederbike and I'm glad we're also getting a classic Stormtrooper in constraction form as well. The Bounty Hunter pack looks pretty good too and that speeder bike is pretty unique, I wasn't expecting that. I already have Bossk from the last Slave 1 that was released but he desperately needs an update so I hope his figure isn't final. 

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I can't find them on Reddit :look:

Google: Lego Star Wars - Reddit, top post.

1 minute ago, ToaDraco said:

The Bounty Hunter pack looks pretty good too and that speeder bike is pretty unique, I wasn't expecting that. I already have Bossk from the last Slave 1 that was released but he desperately needs an update so I hope his figure isn't final. 

I think the Bossk must be a prelim as it appears exactly the same (parts & colours) as the version from several years back.

Very disappointing wave. At least my wallet is safe. The Bounty Hunter pack looks fantastic, and I can finally get my hands on Bossk (it makes me somewhat regret my purchase of the Eclipse Fighter, but alas, I quite like the ship itself), instant purchase for me. Vader Transformation looks decent as it did before, but otherwise, the rest of the sets are incredibly disappointing. One of the worst SW waves I've seen in a while. I hope the The Last Jedi sets (remember those, everyone :p) make up for an otherwise disappointing wave.

The biggest surprise to me is that Emperor from both Vader Transformation and Tracker I is old grey skinned version with black gloves. It's has to be just a placeholder , since both DSFD and UCS Death Star have updated and more accurate version of him. And I'm really happy that Ithorian minifigure is making a return! 

Excited for the constraction sets. I wonder how many people  (like me) now regret picking up the eclipse fighter just for Dengar now he's showing up in a £12 battlepack. That said, I do love his little speeder bike!