Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

4 hours ago, OuchBrix said:

London toy fair is today. Hope to get full descriptions of everything.

I hope so. Last year Brickset were able to post very detailed descriptions of the sets that they were allowed to see, but if I recall correctly LEGO's  UK PR team (or whoever handles their appearance at the toy fair) asked them to remove the details shortly after, most likely because they were too in depth. I also seem to remember Huw said the Brickset team wouldn't be attending toy fairs after this, and I'd say that was fair enough - why invite journalists to cover your booth and then penalise them for doing their job? Either way, New York Toy Fair is probably a better bet. Photography is usually allowed there, too, whereas in London it's usually prohibited.

Edited by Rocketbilly
Clarity

It is indeed London Toy Fair today, so I'm sure that various sites will put information up, and I recall some users here noting they'd be attending, so we might get some information from them. Either way, I can almost taste more summer set news.

Don't they only let retailers into this toy fair? If that is true than it'd seem doubtful much information would leak, though I bet someone somewhere would at least give some details. 

Also at the fair are all the sets complete? For example right now is there a table featuring the elusive 4th figure of the Bounty Hunter Battlepack, or would it be like a stand in.

On 20/01/2017 at 6:40 PM, Deathstroke77 said:

Wow, that Advent Calendar sucks. Pass.

I've seen the Callander and it looks awesome 

Just now, Joshibenj said:

I've seen the Callander and it looks awesome 

Can you provide some details? Any key figures or builds that were missing from the earlier images?

are on those toy fairs also the prices of the upcoming sets or only the sets itself? I am asking as I never was at any toy fair as in the country where I live is nothing like that.

Just now, Deathstroke77 said:

Can you provide some details? Any key figures or builds that were missing from the earlier images?

Not particularly except the resistance officer who appears to be unique to the set and the officer looks like another awesome set to get

Edited by Joshibenj

Huh, kind of sucks that BB-8 is the big deal in this Calendar. Disappointing. Have you seen any of the summer sets we have not so far?

29 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

are on those toy fairs also the prices of the upcoming sets or only the sets itself? I am asking as I never was at any toy fair as in the country where I live is nothing like that.

I think they have the prices too. However I've only seen the New York ones so can't say for sure.

29 minutes ago, Joshibenj said:

Not particularly except the resistance officer who appears to be unique to the set and the officer looks like another awesome set to get

Wait, are you at the Toy Fair now?

There's no press at the toy fair so I doubt we'll get any news. Wait for Nuremberg....

There are some set descriptions and drawings of the sets in other theme threads, so it could be possible people will draw/write about SW stuff. 

But since we already have alot of info about that I doubt we will get new info. 

What can I say?! Brimming with excitement I set off this morning to the LTF, eagerly approached TLG exhibition stand... and... was met with a fortress-like set up that was turning everyone but retailers away with no apologies, and before I get a dozen replies to the tune of "it's a trade show" there are other sectors that are involved in the production and dissemination of products (one of which I count myself a part of).  Anyway, disappointed but looking forward to Nuremberg next week.

Just now, mttbsstt said:

What can I say?! Brimming with excitement I set off this morning to the LTF, eagerly approached TLG exhibition stand... and... was met with a fortress-like set up that was turning everyone but retailers away with no apologies, and before I get a dozen replies to the tune of "it's a trade show" there are other sectors that are involved in the production and dissemination of products (one of which I count myself a part of).  Anyway, disappointed but looking forward to Nuremberg next week.

Man, that really stinks. TLG, why?

If I lived nearby I might take a ladder to climb and look through a window ;D

3 hours ago, mttbsstt said:

This was me, didn't realise my phone was set to an old account.

3 minutes ago, eric729 said:

Do we know if the Han in the Rathtar set will be with the new hairpiece but in grey?

Currently, I don't think we know. Even the figures at the toy fairs are sometimes just placeholders

It's a fair bet. NYTF is the largest venue of this sort on this side of the Atlantic, and generally allow for the most public release of pics/videos of upcoming products. It would be highly irregular for LEGO to withdraw after all these years. Moreover, these toy fairs, esp Nuremburg and NY, generate a lot of hype and anticipation, so it works to their favor to allow public disclosures. Personally, I always look forward to NYTF for all the pics and vids of new sets, as well as other toys that interest me.

No reason why Lego won't be at NYTF; they've always showed off their summer sets there. The only exception is upcoming movie sets that might have spoilers - don't expect to see any TLJ sets. We didn't see any TFA or RO sets at NYTF for the past couple years either.

Edited by Aethersprite